If not golf, what would it be?

I would get back into fishing or mountain biking. I fished regularly years ago and worked at a bike shop in high school when I rode a lot.

Hmmm .... nothing I already participate in? Quilting or knitting? LOL

I do everything outdoors already that I'm ever going to do. Have no interest in anything else that I can think of.

Absolutely BMX racing. I raced the national circuit in my 40s and the class for my current age is very active. Definitely BMX.

I would go back to my old, pre-golf addiction, fly fishing.

Well, if it werent for my wife, Id get a motorcycle. Shed be paranoid that I was going to die every time I rode the bike though, so thats out.

Shooting pool...somewhat similar eye-hand coordination, infinitely different ball arrangements to challenge abilities, can enjoy playing by myself or with others...all give me similar satisfaction as golf. As it is, playing pool in the basement is my go-to winter time activity.

If not golf.... making more sawdust... I've not built anything for a while but I have a 'Murphy' bed project that was handed to me as part of my running honey do list!

I could easily get back into some of my old hobbies including fishing and SCUBA. I predict my golf game will go downhill in my late 60’s or 70’s and see myself playing 90% fewer rounds and replacing that time with boating, skiing, fishing, cycling, travel, grandkids, etc.

Back