What is your most memorable day of golfing?

Papatortuga

Reaction score
Handicap
Was it playing a special course? Was it the company you played with? An amazing shot? THP event?

i know for me my most memorable day of golf was during The Shootout a couple years ago with Cleveland, Srixon, & THPers. It was my first (and only so far) THP event and I will never forget it. The excitement of getting prerelease clubs, the amazing opportunity to meet some THPers, the tour of the facility was beyond cool, and of course golf at one of the best courses by me. It’s a day I will never forget

Playing with Jon Rahm in 2015 at the Grand Golf Course. He was still an amateur and we were out in San Diego for our 10th anniversary. The pro shop was like "by the way, I paired you up with the number 1 amateur in the world". It was just a random round of golf and the pro shop knew I could keep up with him from the tips.

Attachments

• photo36146.png
    photo36146.png
    913.9 KB · Views: 0
I have had a lot of really memorable rounds, but the last round with my brothers would be on the one that is most memorable and means the most. I didn't know it at the time, but it was the last round I would play with my brother Dan as he passed away from cancer a few years later. Of course we didn't know at the time it was our last round together so there weren't many pictures or mementos, but that memories are there and I hold them close to my heart.

Jan 3rd, 2016 when I got my HIO and was with a great friend.

Mine was the 2016 ShortGame Shootout in Carmel, IN. Playing and meeting other THP'ers was something I'll never forget and it was almost my first time playing golf outside of Wisconsin.

It was just great playing with other people as crazy about the game as I was (not to mention the swag and fun that THP/Cleveland provided)

when i shot even par. a close second was an early morning 9 hole round with my oldest son. he hit some fantastic shots, and had so much fun.

Two stand out. My day of golf with dacatalyst41 at the Grandaddy. Couldn't ask for a better partner.

But I think the #1 for me is the 9 holes of golf I played with my wife and cousin in Zimbabwe. Just absolutely nuts seeing baboons, monkeys, and warthogs running around the fairways.

My gramps was driving his cart over a hill and there was a bunker that you couldn’t see from the approach. He drove into it, crashed the cart, and didn’t tell my dad and me until we finished the hole. Once we confirmed he was ok, we all couldn’t stop laughing for an hour.

man I miss him.

Two come to mind for me...
1. The Morgan Cup
2. That round at Pebble Beach

Playing Hammock Beach at the Odyssey Experience that course is amazing.

mpeterson;n8883793 said:
Two stand out. My day of golf with dacatalyst41 at the Grandaddy. Couldn't ask for a better partner.

But I think the #1 for me is the 9 holes of golf I played with my wife and cousin in Zimbabwe. Just absolutely nuts seeing baboons, monkeys, and warthogs running around the fairways.
It's a day I'll never forget! Easily one of the highlights of my golfing life and all we needed was 9 more holes. Haha!

Papatortuga;n8883346 said:
Was it playing a special course? Was it the company you played with? An amazing shot? THP event?

Almost all of the above!

It was absolutely a special course, last year at Pebble Beach about a week before the US Amateur.

It was also the company I played with, two coworkers I play with often, and another from our Chicago office who is a great friend, but I had never golfed with before.

An amazing shot? I will be seeing my second shot on #8, a beautiful 6-iron shot, sailing across the cove from short of the bluff, and landing dead center just in front of the green, in my minds eye for the rest of my days.

My first THP event is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I definitely expect it to rank up there with that day at Pebble for being memorable.

wubears71;n8883357 said:
Playing with Jon Rahm in 2015 at the Grand Golf Course. He was still an amateur and we were out in San Diego for our 10th anniversary. The pro shop was like "by the way, I paired you up with the number 1 amateur in the world". It was just a random round of golf and the pro shop knew I could keep up with him from the tips.

That’s a great story!

Just_Hacking;n8883364 said:
I have had a lot of really memorable rounds, but the last round with my brothers would be on the one that is most memorable and means the most. I didn't know it at the time, but it was the last round I would play with my brother Dan as he passed away from cancer a few years later. Of course we didn't know at the time it was our last round together so there weren't many pictures or mementos, but that memories are there and I hold them close to my heart.

This is why I love playing every round with my dad. He’s in great health and looks 10 yrs younger than his actual age, but he’s starting to get up there. He just started playing last year and my brothers and I always have a great time when the 4 of us get together. I’m definitely going to have to start taking more pics on the course of us

mpeterson;n8883793 said:

That sounds absolutely awesome!! I get excited when I see a deer haha

That's easy. It was the first round I played with my son-in-law JR. That was where he asked for permission to ask my daughter to marry him. He had thought long and hard what he wanted to say. We'd arranged that round 7 months before. I knew then that was when and where he intended to ask. So there was a lot of anticipation that led up to that day.

I have to say my most enjoyable day was a couple years ago when I played The Home Course with some THPers.

I’ve been lucky enough to play in a couple of THP events and all of those days are memorable, if I had to pick one of those 4 days it would be really hard to pick one. So I won’t. :alien2:

It has to be the two days at The Grandaddy. A day with KEV and a day with dacatalyst41 both great days playing with good peeps on amazing courses.

Back