What's your bunker go to club?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
What club do you use for those impossible or tricky bunker shots?

Mine is Callaway Sure Out 2, 64 degrees. I am able to do any number of things with this club, feels like a unicorn club to me and I have a ton of confidence with it, even on tight lies or short flop shots to tight pins.

it was the 2019 pm grind, but it was such a struggle elsewhere that i got rid of it. now it's my 56, and it's not as automatic.

Right now, it's the TM Hi Toe 60* that the True Temper/PX folks were kind enough to give me. I love it out of bunkers.

2019 60 degree PM Grind

SM7, 58* for me.

When I hit into a bunker, I just hope it's a shot I can play with my 58-degree Vokey K-grind. That's as close to a mistake-proof bunker club as there is and my bunker game is not the greatest (cough, cough).

Problem is, I can't really fly the ball more than about 15 yards with the 58K so I sometimes have to use my 54-degree or 50-degree. With mixed results.

56 degree Ben Hogan Equalizer.

My default is my 58* MD4, but if the bunker shot is a longer than normal one, or the lip isn't that high, I will use my 54* MD4 instead.

SlightDraw;n8883452 said:

3rd. Like magic for me out of bunkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For short bunker shots I use my G25 LW, for longer bunker shots its either the UW or SW.

Green side bunkers I use my 54 degree Hogan Equalizer and it's been great so far.

58 degree Hogan Equalizer. Play a course with small greens so the bunker shots are usually not very long.

been a 58* OG PM, 60* 19 PM on porch waiting for her tryout.

54* MD4 for long bunker shots.

green side bunker is my 60* probably 85-90% of the time. Fairway depends. If I have the distance to get to the green, then I club up one maybe two times and swing smooth. If I cant reach green, its the longest club i can hit that will clear the bunker and leave less than 160 into the green

I’ve been considering a bag battle with a taylormade hi-toe wedge or Bigfoot hi-toe wedge...

my lob lob wedge is an XR 16 LW and I probably will never remove that from my bag

60* M Grind SM7 .....Money !

Short sided bunker shots, my S-58 58*. Otherwise my 54*.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cleveland SmartSole S

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Short sided, SM7 60*
Ground to cover, SM7 54*

I’m pretty comfortable with either club, it depends on what I need to do to get close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just depends on the situation but I've been using my 60* PM Grind quite a bit lately.

PM Grind for most all
situations and i am not replacing it anytime soon.

54 CBX. It just works

Lately out is my Sure Out. Not 100% sure I am using out correctly all the time but still hitting it well.

Vokey SM7 54.14 for me but our course has few traps, I have only hit three in about 25 rounds over the last two months and two were in the same round. The rough around the greens can be tough on our course, sometimes I’d rather be in a trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back