Does the color of a golf ball make a difference to you?

Maric

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have a favorite color of golf ball you usually play? Would if effect your game if you were required to use a different colored ball? What color would you definitely not want to play?

My son has played some red and orange balls in the past and I like to watch them fly but I am stuck on white balls.

I don't know why, but I really prefer plain old white.

I can play a few holes with almost any color but prefer white or optic yellow.

i agree with bigskyirish i much prefer white over anything else, and a brilliant white at that

I play with yellow balls, white balls, or about any Truvis ball but prefer a yellow or yellow/black Truvis. It doesn't make me play any better but I can see them in the air better and track flight better. Especially on really overcast cloudy days or really bright days.

Absolutely, I love hitting yellow golf and Truvis golf balls.

Now, I am not a big fan of the other bright colors like pink and blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer yellow or white, but I can play almost any color except orange. I can't stand to look at an orange ball for some reason. Oh, and the red golf balls I like, but they are hard to see when they come down and hard to see as you are approaching them as well.

I prefer black/yellow Truvis balls. But plain yellow is second choice. Not a fan of the red and green matt colors.

I can honestly say I've never given another color a fair chance. Sure I've hit a few here and there but I much prefer standard white.

I prefer white golf balls. That being said, I can not for the life of me see red balls in flight, I have them off the face and maybe 1st 30-40' but after that, I don't have a clue.

Srixon bright white

I've always used white. However, since seeing someone playing a matte red ball, I can't seem to unsee it. That color seems to have burned itself into my consciousness. I've never seen a golf ball more vividly in my life.

White & only white ... call me old fashioned but I just can't get into the colored golf balls. Maybe when my eyesight goes bad enough to where I can't see the ball anymore but only then will I switch to a colored ball

It's not something that really matters to me, but if I had to pick a preference it would be the traditional gloss white.

My favorite color so far is white, but I haven't really ventured out into the colored golf ball world yet. Honestly never really tried one, but think yellow might be a good starting point. Not sure if I could do green or blue though.

I cant do the bright colors that are out there. Even yellow is a bit of a stretch for me. I'll use Truvis as a ball that deviates from the normal white golf ball. The colors on some of these balls are too bright and distracting

I definitely prefer a colored ball, since it’s easier for my bad eyesight to find it.

I tend to go with yellow (shiny over matte), but I’ve used everything, including pink, when there are leaves on the course.

Not really. I'll play just about any color ball. Right now, Im use orange Titleist Velocities because so many people play white Titleist balls and I got tired of people playing my ball or getting my ball confused with their's.
The way I figure, Titleist only makes 1 orange ball, so what are the odds?

Apparently, so. When I put one down that isn't white, it doesn't seem to stay in play very long.

White golf ball, thank u...

I usually play a white ball. However, I keep an orange one or two in the bag in case of a sudden dandelion bloom here or there so I can see my ball in the see of white pollen stems. Then in the fall/winter with leaves and stuff orange or yellow helps out.

FreddieMac;n8884272 said:
White golf ball, thank u...

Definitely. Lived through the color fad in the 80s and it's sad to see it rearing it's ugly head again. Like most fads, they seem to pop up every 20-30 years then fade away. Bell bottoms, flat front pants, etc. Takes a couple generations for it to fade in memory because the next gen thinks it's the coolest thing not listening to the previous generation who already made the mistakes they are making now.

Prefer white but am warming up to yellow.

Back