Does the color of a golf ball make a difference to you?

I would prefer to play white, but my eye sees the yellow balls so much better that it makes a difference to my game. The one color I would not want to play is pink.

Yes. It has to be white.

I love green and play either white or green. I would not ever want to play a dark red. Not because I dislike the color but because I can't track that color at all for some reason.

Well, since I have a bad eye, I like anything that's easier to see. I'm fine playing a white ball, but I prefer the yellow. I love the yellow/black Truvis and I'll definitely use the other Truvis colors, too, except for the Stars and Stripes. I can't get myself to hit Ol' Glory around in the dirt. I wouldn't dream of putting a green ball in play. I'd likely lose it the first stroke.

Color doesn't affect my game. But I usually play yellow ones because they're easier to see from a distance. It's a convenience thing.

Back when it was hard to find the kinds of balls I like in anything other than white, white is what I played. I wasn't going to play a crummy ball I didn't like just because it happened to be white. But nowadays, just about any kind of ball is available in yellow.

Lately I've been seeing some red golf balls. Which company/model produces the red ball ?

I use matte green superhot golf balls most of the time. I find them the easiest to see on the ground. Into the sun or early morning haze, I find no color is better than the other (maybe white has a slight advantage), I can't see any of them on takeoff.

Color is actually one of the most important factors to me. My vision isn't that great anymore and seeing the ball better makes more of an incremental improvement on my enjoyment of the game than slightly better spin rates or whatever.

Having said that, the other factors still matter, so I am happy about the recent trend of Callaway and Titleist putting out more of their balls in yellow. I've been playing yellow for the last few years, though I have dabbled in the yellow/green Vice balls, which I find quite good and slightly more visible than the pure yellow. I tried a dozen of the red Vice balls, but as others have reported, I couldn't see them at all.

My current ball of choice is Callaway ERC Soft. I like the three lines.

Yellow or red for me. Easier to see, plus when playing with others it makes it easier to know which ball is mine.

Ball color to me makes no difference. I do like to use the Vice red ball on overcast days since it is so easy to see in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found I enjoy the matte red most. Matte orange is also acceptable but I've hit matte red balls from Callaway, Wilson, Volvik, and Bridgestone. I feel I can track the flight of the red in the air very well and I can see it in the fairway or first cut of rough easily from 200 yards. The red Bridgestone e12 Soft is my current ball of choice.

I prefer the yellow and black Truvis. I’ve played the full yellow balls for quite a while as well and like them. Can’t think of a certain color I’d have to avoid.

Yeah, can't do red! Looks nice but can't follow it in the air and can't find it on the ground. I usually play white but I'm OK with orange and yellow and that neon green Volvik uses. Although the orange is a little too close to red in color spectrum. Bought a dozen Velocity's last month and didn't realize they were orange until I got to the tee...

I've tried different colors, flo yellow, flo green and flo orange. I wish I could see white as well as I used to but that just isn't the case any longer. The best color I have found is flo orange. I can follow that a long way off the tee. I recently started playing the Wilson Duo Professional and have found it to be an excellent performer.

I can play about anything but probably need to start using colored balls as my eyes are getting worse. I wish the premium balls would come out with some bright colors, I'd totally rock a bright pink ball.

I’m thinking of replacing my chipping shag bag balls with all red or orange, or something. To help differentiate my balls on the chipping green from all the other guys practicing too. But I’m concerned seeing a colored ball during practice will “throw off” my mojo during a real round when I use white balls.

I always play pink balls on our annual guy's weekend trip. It started when I was given a pink ball a partner had found in the woods after I missed a four foot putt short.

I birdied the next hole with it.

And so it began.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I only use white. I don't mind hitting different color balls for practice but don't like them on the course.

I’ve tried various colors over the last couple years. I don’t see a difference in my game but have settled on matte red during the coldest months, when the fairways are brown and white the remainder of the year.

As I ease myself back into playing after surgery, I wanted to stress the low expectations and having fun despite how I play aspect of golf. I decided I would play nothing but matte orange and matte green balls. I realized the color of the ball absolutely does not matter to me. I’ve also played yellow in the past (Srixon highlighter yellow is my favorite).

Now that being said, I actually do prefer plain old white, but will switch it up continuously depending on my mood and the type of round I’m playing.

Back