Would you support a caddie program at your club/course?

Et Tu Brute?;n8885008 said:
I simply do not want to be waiting on anyone or talking to anyone.

I'm assuming you prefer to play most of your rounds of golf as a single with this mindset?

BuckNasty;n8885084 said:
I'm assuming you prefer to play most of your rounds of golf as a single with this mindset?

I'm fine playing solo but prefer playing with others.

But other golfers do not interfere in my process of playing. Or at least I hope not (we've all played with That Guy who stops you and tries to give advice).

The other guys do their thing, I do mine, we chat between shots. It's great. But I don't have to wait for them to arrive with my clubs or ask them to hand me something or interact with them in any way during the 20 seconds or so it takes me to choose a club and hit the ball.

My push cart is right there in front of me. The clubs are right at hand. There is just no simpler way to play golf.

P.S. In theory, a caddie could in fact stay right beside me and have my clubs ready to pull from the bag as soon as I decide. And could require no waiting or chitchat in the process. I can think of two times out of the dozen or so rounds I've played with caddies that it worked out that way. And both of those highly paid gentlemen were professionals who were single bagging (which is never going to happen in OP's scenario). Very much the exception, not the rule.

While I love the thought, I don't really see paying much more than I already do for a service where I know more than the person providing the service. But this makes me think of something else....

Back