How many Holes in One have you witnessed?

KY Golfer

It's for Kentucky, Lol #Paradise4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
We had this discussion going today at work. How many HIO have you seen with your eyes on the course?

Where they good shots (before they went in the hole)?

I've seen 2. Neither was mine unfortunately. One was played exactly how it should've been.

The other, I consider it the longest putt I've ever seen go in from the tee with an iron. LOL!!!

Zip zero zilch. Never had one, never witnessed one.

I have never seen one and therefore never hit one either. I did hole a 167 yard 6 iron. But it was not on a par 3

5.....but none were mine. Still the free drinks are nice. I can be an expensive witness.

Seen it go in the hole? Zero.

Seen the golfer walk onto the green and pull the ball out of the cup? Two. One mine, one some guy playing in a foursome ahead of me. He did a little happy dance.

Only one, mine.

Wildcat4life;n8883485 said:
I can be an expensive witness.

Those poor guys. LOL!!!

Only one, about 4 years ago.

two, but not in my group.

one was in college. there was a goat ranch of a par 3 course that we played a few times in my golf class. a girl who was pretty terrible hit a thin worm burner that ran along the ground, right into the middle of the cup.

the other was at a short hole with a huge back to front slope running through the middle of the green. another woman hit another thin low shot that landed in front of the green, run up the slope, and came back down right into the hole.

3 and two of them have been this year.

I've witnessed the 6 that I have of course.

Then the 2 my father had.

And one other that occurred in one of my high school matches back in the day.

I have seen 2. One was my own. The second was a friend of my Dad who isn't a great player by any stretch. He was so ho hum about it though. Hardly a reaction out of him. Hit his shot and it was going short left. I don't know what it hit on the fringe, but just kicked forward and right directly at the hole.

One. My grandpa hit one on a round of nine with my father and I when I was 14. One of the best memories I have. I par'd the round and he holed one on the 8th with a beauty of a shot. Turned out to be the last round the three of us ever played together. That part sucks, but I can still see the smiles, hear the cheer in the clubhouse, and remember my grandma ripping their *sses for buying me drinks like it was yesterday.

I've seen plenty holed out from decent distances, and shot some myself, but that's the only one I've witness from the tees.

McLovin;n8883500 said:
two, but not in my group.

one was in college. there was a goat ranch of a par 3 course that we played a few times in my golf class. a girl who was pretty terrible hit a thin worm burner that ran along the ground, right into the middle of the cup.

the other was at a short hole with a huge back to front slope running through the middle of the green. another woman hit another thin low shot that landed in front of the green, run up the slope, and came back down right into the hole.

There seems to be a pattern here. Woman, Thin, Ran, Slope, Middle.

golfinnut;n8883502 said:
I've witnessed the 6 that I have of course.

Then the 2 my father had.

And one other that occurred in one of my high school matches back in the day.

Wow, 6. Nice.

KY Golfer;n8883523 said:
Wow, 6. Nice.

A few of those were luck. But a lot of luck comes around when you've been playing for 43 years :act-up:

Just 1 and it was my dad's. It was his first ever with over 20 years playing at the time. He hit the green, but it wasn't a perfect shot. It just happened to hit the right slope to run to the hole.

Zero. I've been inside a foot several times and inside 6" at least once, but I can't get nothin' to fall.

golfinnut;n8883547 said:
A few of those were luck. But a lot of luck comes around when you've been playing for 43 years :act-up:

if that's the case, my next 10 years of golf are going to be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING hahahahaha!

You lucky dog!

I have had one and witnessed two others, so 3 total. Ironically, the other 2 were on the same hole, a 200 plus yard par 3 and they were about 25 years apart.

KY Golfer;n8883473 said:
We had this discussion going today at work. How many HIO have you seen with your eyes on the course?

Where they good shots (before they went in the hole)?

I've seen 2. Neither was mine unfortunately. One was played exactly how it should've been.

The other, I consider it the longest putt I've ever seen go in from the tee with an iron. LOL!!!

The only HIO's I've witnessed are my own. 2 were good shots, and the third ricocheted in to the hole off a tree behind the green. I've never physically seen anyone else hit one. Well, I take that back. My buddy a long time ago knocked one in on a 165yd par 5. But actually it was par due to him shanking one dead right OB, calling mulligan and knocking it in. Par :D

I have only witnessed one. Thankfully, it was mine on a really bad tee shot. I skulled a tee shot and it rolled about the last 50+yards up on the green an into the cup. Just total luck, but I still framed the ball and it sits in my basement for all to see. A Wilson Staff titanium ball.

I have witnessed 5 in addition to the 3 that I have made. There was an epic celebration associated with my first one.

Back