What Is the One Thing You Love & Hate About the Game of Golf???

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you play the game of golf there is the one thing that keeps you coming back, or your love, and the one thing you absolutely hate about the game. This could vary based on how long you’ve played or if you are a newbie.

For me the one thing that keeps me coming back is that golf is hard. There is always room for improvement or you just find a way to manage the course with your skill set. There isn’t a one fits all model which in my opinion brings so many to love the game.

On the flip side I’ve always had one hate or dislike, and that is slow play. At some point you will always run into on the course. Whether it be the guy who takes 13 practice swings or the group in front waiting for the green to clear.

So so what is it for you?
- Being our in nature?
- Getting our on the course with your buddies?
- The hopes of a new personal best?

Lets hear it!!!

the one thing i love is a perfectly executed shot. that will always keep me coming back.

the one thing i hate is the shanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love being able to have a bad nine and then comeback on the back nine and just turn it around and shot a low score.
I hate getting to a course and finding out there is a 1 hour delay.

McLovin;n8884033 said:
the one thing i love is a perfectly executed shot. that will always keep me coming back.

the one thing i hate is the shanks!

Oh man I didn’t even want to bring up the shanks. Nothing worse than being on the range with a full gallery of golfers eating at the grill overlooking the range and you almost take out the guy in the next bay.

I love it when it's a bright clear day in the 70's, Hate it when it's in the 90's and the heat index is 105. The only thing worse is that hot and CPO. It doesn't stop me from playing, but it makes it much less enjoyable.

I love how hard the game is, the reward of hitting a shot just how you visualized it. Hate slow, inconsiderate play, and when players don't replace divots and repair ball marks, I mean, how hard is it........

One thing I hate is when people (good or bad) take it too seriously in a casual fun round.

One thing I love? Man. There’s so many. I think I’ve gotta go with the challenge. The challenge of beating myself on my best day and holding it all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the friendships and moments with my father that the game afforded me.

I hate how tough it is for me and how much time I have to dedicate in order to be ok on course.

I love the feeling of being on the course, early morning, silence except for the birds.

What I hate? The time that the game requires. The time that it takes me away from my family. The time it takes to be half way decent.

There's a lot I love about golf. I'll say I love the challenge of the game. It makes me want to be better and do more. I hate how much it costs. It's the one thing holding me back from playing more right now. I know it will be better for me here in a couple years, but ugh, I miss playing more.

I love and hate the chase of perfection in an imperfect game.

I hate when people don't appreciate the game or disrespect the course I guess. Everything else I love. Even being completely humbled by it on any given day.

I love the friendships i’ve forged from my time playing golf

the elitist attitude that some have with the game

Mr Moke;n8884311 said:
Hahahahaha, I love everything about the game, I hate when I have to share the course with other people.
+1. Nothing better than being alone in the course until you get to the first green and see the ball marks all the lazy fat azzez didn't fix before you got there.

Hate swinging over the top! Love hitting a pure shot. Hate slow play. Love the beauty and being outside.

pilot25;n8884437 said:
+1. Nothing better than being alone in the course until you get to the first green and see the ball marks all the lazy fat azzez didn't fix before you got there.

There is always someone who beats you out on the course.

The dew glistening on the course and sounds of the birds chirping is an all time favorite of mine.

Back