Which golf course would you most want to be a member of?

BuckNasty

2024 THP Fantasy Football Experience w/ Adam Rank
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We all have those select few courses that we can only dream of being a member of.
Being from NJ my top choice would obviously be Pine Valley, and outside of NJ it would have to be Shinnecock.

My question is pretty simple, if you could be a member at any private course in the world, which would it be (with the exception of Augusta National) and why?

Last edited:
cypress. just looks spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8884026 said:
cypress. just looks spectacular.

Same answer for me. Plus, very few members so not a lot of play.

It’s Augusta and it’s not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locally - Grand Dunes Members only course, nationally I have to agree with AnthonyC - anything in Hawaii

fuffle master;n8884031 said:
It’s Augusta and it’s not even close.

I agree, and I believe a majority of golfers would select Augusta, which is why I excluded it from the options :)

Wailea Golf Club

Izumigaoka Country Club in Japan for no reason other than that would mean I would be living in Japan. Otherwise, yeah some place in Hawaii.

BuckNasty;n8884258 said:
I agree, and I believe a majority of golfers would select Augusta, which is why I excluded it from the options :)

Well duh on me for not reading correctly.

I need to change my club to Oakmont Country Club here in PA.

The Yellowstone Club. I’m a skier and as the most exclusive combined ski resort/golf course in the country, it would be perfect for me. I’d love to only share a course and ski resort with only 500 members, most of whom are never there. Some notable members are Bill Gates, Phil Mickelson, and Tom Brady & Gisele. The initiation fee is small($250k) compared to the home ownership requirement. The homes start at about $8,000,000.

Last edited:
Locally, Dallas Athletic or Trinity Forest. Anywhere in the world & money not being an issue, give me Royal Troon any day of the week.

National Golf Links of America on Long Island.

I'm very spoiled by living in the Northeast which makes this is an impossible choice, but I'm 20 minutes from Baltusrol so I wouldn't feel bad at all by taking the easy answer. :bashful:

BuckNasty;n8883840 said:
We all have those select few courses that we can only dream of being a member of.
Being from NJ my top choice would obviously be Pine Valley, and outside of NJ it would have to be Shinnecock.

My question is pretty simple, if you could be a member at any private course in the world, which would it be (with the exception of Augusta National) and why?

Haig Point - the entire experience makes it worth while

OITW;n8884368 said:
Haig Point - the entire experience makes it worth while

I have no issue with being your guest for a few rounds at Haig :act-up:

BuckNasty;n8884380 said:
I have no issue with being your guest for a few rounds at Haig :act-up:

Reciprocal?

Haig Point member guest Pine Valley member guest?

Sea Island on the coast of Georgia. The island it sits on is such a cool place, 3 golf courses which means lots of variety, and has a pga event.

Living in Seattle it has to be Sahalee for me.

Any club in the world....

The Hideaway

Don't think it needs any explanation why

Close to home it would be a course called Wildfire. Although almost an hour away, it would be well worth the drive plus it passed by the greatest bakery with chocolate donuts within 100 miles of my house.

#1 choice would probably be Augusta National but since it is not open for play year around I’d have to think more.

#2 choice is any golf course I can get home from work, jump on my golf cart, and go play.

I’m currently a member at choice #2

91759cb8a0548fcfd4efdd3caf0ccf58.jpg

Being only 20ish minutes away from Muirfield Village and walking the course 100 times but have yet to play it, I would have to choose it right now.

Back