Which golf course would you most want to be a member of?

Oooohhhh.....this is a good question. I'll be back later after I mull this one over for a bit.

The Old Course at St. Andrews. Next would be Carnoustie.

Anywhere in the world? that's a tough one because I don't know enough about courses overseas. Here are my choices by location

Locally it would be BlueJack National.
In the UK/Europe I'm taking Adare Manor in Ireland
In the US it would be The Hideaway

Outside of the obvious choice of Augusta, The Hideaway sounds incredible. Living around Atlanta it would be nice to have a membership to East Lake.

For me it would be Cypress Point, and nothing else is even close, not even Augusta.

CP-AE-H15-302.jpg

OldeDude;n8884816 said:
For me it would be Cypress Point, and nothing else is even close, not even Augusta.

After seeing that picture I'm changing my answer to Cypress as well haha

Locally? Kiawah island club or Bulls Bay

Any where and traveling isn't an issue? either hideaway haha or possibly some swanky place in Vegas/utah because I really enjoy desert and mountain golf

BuckNasty;n8885457 said:
After seeing that picture I'm changing my answer to Cypress as well haha

yep.... that just swayed me hahaha

tahoebum;n8884291 said:
The Yellowstone Club. I’m a skier and as the most exclusive combined ski resort/golf course in the country, it would be perfect for me. I’d love to only share a course and ski resort with only 500 members, most of whom are never there. Some notable members are Bill Gates, Phil Mickelson, and Tom Brady & Gisele. The initiation fee is small($250k) compared to the home ownership requirement. The homes start at about $8,000,000.

The Reserve at Moonlight Basin is a better course, but I think there's less exclusive skiing than Yellowstone Club.

Definitely Cypress Point.

wluker17;n8884699 said:
Outside of the obvious choice of Augusta, The Hideaway sounds incredible. Living around Atlanta it would be nice to have a membership to East Lake.

Yeah man that would be amazing. I've been fortunate to play it a handful of times also being in the Atlanta area. My company has a corporate sponsorship which allows us access anytime, but we have to pay pretty high greens fees. They recently opened up a limited number of individual memberships and a colleague of mine at work bought in. That's the life.

Augusta national is within 20 minutes of me. Completely unrealistic but would be awesome.

More realistic is Augusta Country Club within 20 minutes or Palmetto Golf Club within 45 minutes.

Locally, Maridoe Golf Club. Otherwise probably Cypress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegolfclan;n8894092 said:
Yeah man that would be amazing. I've been fortunate to play it a handful of times also being in the Atlanta area. My company has a corporate sponsorship which allows us access anytime, but we have to pay pretty high greens fees. They recently opened up a limited number of individual memberships and a colleague of mine at work bought in. That's the life.

That’s awesome. I have a good friend who has gotten to play East Lake and the Athletic Club with his job. With my job I occasionally get to play exciting courses like Heritage or Stone Mountain. Don’t get me wrong, I like those courses and play them often but they are no East Lake.

The course I have driven by on a daily basis for 15 years and still try to peer through the gate as it goes by. Beyond that gate is Magnolia Lane, and a course I don’t even dare to dream about.

My reflex is Augusta Country Club...I'll let you know if I get a chance to play the course in October.

Champion's Retreat is one an easy drive away I wouldn't mind being a member of.

Pinehurst...so many great course to play.

Paladin;n8894453 said:
My reflex is Augusta Country Club...I'll let you know if I get a chance to play the course in October.

Champion's Retreat is one an easy drive away I wouldn't mind being a member of.

Forgot about champions retreat as well. Though it might be hard not to run into a field grade while in that neck of the woods.

Locally, Old Waverly.

Nationally, Seminole and East Lake or Peachtree.

Locally - Dallas National
Worldwide - The Royal Melbourne Golf Club because it’s Australia duh.

Locally I would love to be a member of Valhalla. The course looks amazing when I have gone to the PGA Championship. It's also walking only so I would never have to ride a cart again because no one else wants to walk.

Worldwide I would pick National Golf Links on Long Island. It looks like an amazing course that would be very difficult, but a lot of fun to play regular skins games on due to the variety of tests each hole provides.

wluker17;n8894418 said:
That’s awesome. I have a good friend who has gotten to play East Lake and the Athletic Club with his job. With my job I occasionally get to play exciting courses like Heritage or Stone Mountain. Don’t get me wrong, I like those courses and play them often but they are no East Lake.

That's pretty sweet. Haha, Heritage and Stone Mountain aren't bad at all. But yes, the ultra private expensive courses are a different animal, and pretty much a second mortgage payment lol

Shouldnt the Hideaway be the default answer here?

zbeekner4;n8895184 said:
Shouldnt the Hideaway be the default answer here?

That is certainly one of the top options :act-up:

Back