What drive's your game?

Doubleb21

2022 Grandaddy Team 5150 member 2020 AZTHP Champ
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What motivates you with your game? Do you play just for fun and to get outside once in awhile, or do you want to be the absolute best you can be?

One of my biggest motivating factors was getting picked to go to a THP event. I hated being the guy with the high handicap and i wanted to show up to the event and play decent. I put in the work and set a goal to be the best golfer i can . My handicap is down from 24 to 17 since March and i love doing the work to make my game better! Hopefully that number continues to go down lol!

I love everything about golf this game it has me hook line and sinker! The courses ,equipment meeting new people are all part of a great experience. Even a bad day on the course is good!

Where do you want to be with your game?

an unreasonable expectation of perfection

i’ll never be satisfied. i’ll always want to be better. and for now i’m optimistic that it can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The good shots and camaraderie it what keeps me coming back. Hitting more good shots is what motivates me to get better. There is nothing quite like a great golf shot

That’s awesome to hear you dropped your cap 7 strokes in such a short time.

For me, it’s just a real desire to want to be better and to enjoy the game. One thing that I noticed has motivated me lately is playing new courses and especially highly ranked or famous ones. Playing the same courses near my house gives me little motivation...but going on vacation or out of town for work and I always want to find the nearest top-100 course or PGA tour course to check off the bucket list!

I want to get better and shoot a round of par or better. I have come close at +2.

I want to be the best I can be and have fun doing it. If it isn’t fun, it isn’t worth it.

I really like the social aspects of the game and getting out in the fresh air, but what really drives me is seeing the incremental improvements.

Getting better every single day I try and do something better than the last. More times than not, it doesn’t happen. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few things. One is just being outside and enjoying the game. The other is challenging myself to get better, even expecting it, and at times expecting it without putting in the work to get there. Another is sharing it with family. My 7 and 5 year old have recently taken an interest. Even my wife has taken some lessons and greatly improved her game.

At first I wanted to be better, so I could keep up with the experienced players that I had joined.
Then I wanted to be better so I could be proud of the scores I was putting up, and drop my handicap.

Now I want to play, and play enough that I can get my son interested in the game. I want to pass the game on to him, the way my grandparents passed it on to me, and eventually to my own grandchildren.

I love the game and want to be better, but more so it is an escape from all my worries. For that brief bit of time all of my many worries are gone, and all is right in the world. I need that feeling and I need it more often.

Not sure how good I can be.....I want to find out though. In a good life situation right now so I have no excuses. With everything don’t want to look back and say what if.

To play to my abilities and have fun doing it. Recently it’s my daughter taking up the game. It’s motivated me to play more.

One of the wonderful things about golf is it offers so much. It can be one thing and there is a long list to choose. It can be a multitude of things. That's the way it is for me. I love being in the outdoors. Golf is also a stress reducer for me. It's the people you meet. The comradery with the people you know. The quest to improve. Cherishing the improvements along the way. It's the process of improving. I'm a lifelong learner and love to study the game, the biomechanics, the various games, and drills. I love to practice and figure things out. I love the variety of different courses. I love that this is something my wife and I can do together.
...and I'm sure I am missing some.

The grind is part of the fun and we never stop learning! Hopefully someday my goal will be reached.

Getting better motivates me. Golf is a game of never-ending improvement, which holds my attention very well.

Back