Most bizarre thing you have witnessed on a golf course?

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is the most bizarre thing you have seen happen on a course?

It could be a shot by you or another, or something completely strange to have happened.

For me? Two come to mind...
I have seen a man strip naked and do a front flip into a retention pond.
I've also seen a man fall face first off a cart bridge, thinking there was solid footing, but stepping off the edge of a culvert instead straight into the muck.

Share your stories! We all must have seen something!

Most memorable was watching a coyote at full speed chasing a rabbit at full speed.
Most bizarre was the time I was paired with a single you yelled "RAIN ON IT" every time an iron shot approached the green.

The only thing that comes to mind...Once, I came face-to-face with a black bear at Atlanta athletic club a few years ago. Drove the cart over the top of a hill in the fairway and he was staring right at me. I froze and he ran off into the woods thankfully.

Not so much bizarre as just funny. We were playing as a fivesome in a fun scramble. One member of our group was a great talker. He attempted our putt first, then started telling a story while the rest of us putted. We were all watching the line of the putt as he walked around talking behind us. The story suddenly stopped, mid putt. When we turned around, he was nowhere to be seen. Mystery solved when we found him face down in a sand trap, having accidentally stepped off the green.

Two things for me stand out. Playing with my former boss and on a short par 3 he turns to me and asks what I'm hitting. I told him, he turns and says I'm going to hit this then, and pulls a hybrid. I'm thinking way too much club. He proceeds to full on sky it, and dunk it in for a HIO.

Then another time, we're playing this course and my ball is short right of the green, his is short left. He walks over towards his ball, then comes over to me and is all freaked out saying there's a coyote on the course. So we're inching ourselves over to see and sure enough right at the edge of the bunker is what appears to be a coyote. For what felt like a couple minutes, but probably less than 30 seconds we were like, wtf do we do....well it turns out it was a statue. We were cracking up after we realized.

Someone shanked a shot on a par 3 next to the road and went through an open window of a moving car and hit the driver.

I witnessed a lady hit a 140 yard hole in one that never got a foot off the ground.

I truly can’t recall anything too bizarre.... although, there was a time where a girl was tanning naked on her porch.... I’m thinking she didn’t realize there was a 100+ person scramble that morning haha.

The most bizarre was being only about 200 yards away from the big lightning strike at Hazeltine for the 1991 U.S. Open that killed one and injured another. It was pre Twitter & texting so nobody knew what was going on until an ambulance started driving up the fairway.

Back