Do you have any pre-round rituals or on course superstitions?

oumagic

‘24 NFL Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.2
I don’t consider all rounds big, but before I play a big round, I like to have a chick-fil-a biscuit with one honey packet. It makes it difficult when I play on Sunday, but if it is a big round, I buy it the day before.

I like to grab four damp wash cloths and put them in a ziplock in the freezer and take to the course. There are times I never get them out of the bag, but I always take them. I use them a lot in the summer but still have them in the winter (winter here isn’t too cold).

On the course, I always carry 3 tees in my right front pocket and I like to mark my ball with one green dot.

No pink tees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not much but I actually try not to lift weights the day before a round. I hate that sore, tight feeling when hitting balls. Usually it leads to bad rounds. If I go to the gym, it’s just cardio or a stretch routine.

FreddieMac;n8884387 said:
No pink tees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard no red tees. I didn’t know that superstition and once bought a pack of red, white and blue wooden tees. One round, my uncle told me he was out of tees and asked if he could buy all of my red ones. I told him not to worry about it and handed him like 20, and he threw them in the trash. I haven’t played a red tee since (though I did use some white with red stripes).

oumagic;n8884409 said:
I have heard no red tees. I didn’t know that superstition and once bought a pack of red, white and blue wooden tees. One round, my uncle told me he was out of tees and asked if he could buy all of my red ones. I told him not to worry about it and handed him like 20, and he threw them in the trash. I haven’t played a red tee since (though I did use some white with red stripes).

Pink is just a lighter shade of red. One of my buddies inspects the tee box every time he tees off to make sure there are no pink tees on it. He is serious about it.

He is the best player in our group, scratch, so I have to mess with him. I usually throw them on the box two or three times a round. Matter of fact that reminds me, he is coming in town in November to play some golf, I need to go get some pink tees.

No. None at all pre-round.

I do fairly religiously clean my clubs as soon as I get home after a round. My wife calls that "The Club-Scrub-A-Dub Ceremony".

Strangely, though, she never offers to help.

Nope, but my tees and provisional have to be in my left pocket, divot tool, primary ball and marker in my right pocket.

oumagic;n8884384 said:
I like to have a chick-fil-a biscuit with one honey packet

1080 W 6th St , Idaho Commons Food Court , Moscow , ID 83843
[h=3]Hours[/h] Monday - Friday: 09:00 AM-06:00 PM

Saturday: Closed

Sunday: Closed

I hate shotgun starts that put me on a par 3 for a starting hole.

Duffer Waldorf;n8885725 said:
1080 W 6th St , Idaho Commons Food Court , Moscow , ID 83843
[h=3]Hours[/h] Monday - Friday: 09:00 AM-06:00 PM

Saturday: Closed

Sunday: Closed

I already had googled it and saw the closest from Coeur D Alene was 1 hour and 34 minutes each way. Substitution must be found because I dont think I can get through security with them in my carryon!

img_7563.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1.gif

Warm up, forget to piss, play golf.

not to be too crass, but the pre-round ritual for morning rounds is a good constitutional. other than that, nothing big and certainly no superstitions.

don't jump in front of a birdie on the tee box, bad juju

jim54;n8885785 said:
don't jump in front of a birdie on the tee box, bad juju

The last round, my foursome played wolf and I had to go first after a birdie. It did not go well...

I do have an odd ritual. Before every shot off the tee I stretch out my arms above my head with my driver in hand. I do this to try and relieve any tension and oddly to have my sleeves fall towards my shoulders and away from my elbows.

I can't think of anything for pre round or during the round.

OhioGolfer;n8886333 said:
I can't think of anything for pre round or during the round.

Man, I am jealous. It is a burdensome thing to be tied to superstitions. It isn’t like I won’t play without my quirky needs, I just feel a lot more comfortable when I have my security-blanket-type items.

I have to use a ball that only I have since new and cant have any scuffs at all or even any color staining. That's the one and only thing that for whatever stupid reason would bother me. LOL

nothing crazy other than needing a certain ball mark and tees. I hate rushing to the first tee so I usually like to be there early.

Pre round wise, I typically don’t have much of a routines/rituals.

During the round i will always play a broken tee found on the tee box for par 3s and at the on course water coolers I drink 3 of the mini cups of water haha.

Besides that not much else.

Back