Most Emulated Pro

PowerThrust

Reaction score
Handicap
Freddy Couples!

Grew up watching so many good golfers. Probably at the golden years of the Golden Bear and the beginning of Tiger's reign... But it was always Freddy and his sweet swing that I would emulate.

Who did you idolize/emulate growing up?

By the time I got into golf tiger was already dominating, but I honestly did like him at first (kind of always liked the underdog, plus some rumor about his Lasik surgery giving him an advantage).. but yeah, tiger

I did like his super aggressive swing and how he just pulled off shot after shot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boom boom’s swing looks incredible in his 60s. There is a compilation of his swing from his start to today. Virtually no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that I've ever really tried to emulate a pro.. I've wished for a couple things, and I adore some swings, but I heed Arnie's advice.

quote-swing-your-swing-not-some-idea-of-a-swing-not-a-swing-you-saw-on-tv-not-that-swing-you-arnold-palmer-105-99-58.jpg

i didn’t take up the game until the end of high school/college. and i didn’t really emulate anyone at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gaholfer;n8884412 said:
Freddy Couples!

Grew up watching so many good golfers. Probably at the golden years of the Golden Bear and the beginning of Tiger's reign... But it was always Freddy and his sweet swing that I would emulate.

Who did you idolize/emulate growing up?

LOL first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was Freddy Couples.

Canadan;n8884426 said:
I don't know that I've ever really tried to emulate a pro.. I've wished for a couple things, and I adore some swings, but I heed Arnie's advice.

quote-swing-your-swing-not-some-idea-of-a-swing-not-a-swing-you-saw-on-tv-not-that-swing-you-arnold-palmer-105-99-58.jpg
Yeah definitely gold there from Arnie.

I would say for me, Freddy's tempo more than anything was what I try to take glean from him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jack Nicklaus! I read “Golf My Way” over and over trying to learn to swing like Jack. He was one of the greatest players ever, it’s hard to believe he is 79 now.

9d472aa0cca88a8f094b6fe0c8c8f7b4.jpg

aggiesam1983;n8884611 said:
Jack Nicklaus! I read �Golf My Way� over and over trying to learn to swing like Jack. He was one of the greatest players ever, it�s hard to believe he is 79 now.

9d472aa0cca88a8f094b6fe0c8c8f7b4.jpg

Yep read that one, dad gave it to me when I was about 14. Read a Greg Norman and Jim Flick as well. I think I took more away from the Flick one though.

At that age, I think at the time I thought to myself, "who can ever live up to Jack's standard?" Guess that's why I never could compete with Tiger.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I didn't play or watch golf when I was younger.

Back