IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
We've all had something funny happen on the golf course, maybe we have a picture of it, video or even just our memory of it.

Post your funny THP style bloopers here!

Bullfrog Here's a funny one to get us started from the MC!
[video=youtube_share;bFFUnPK-zO8]https://youtu.be/bFFUnPK-zO8[/video]

NO video, but here is the scenario:

185 out, tree blocking left side of green, where the hole is.

I speak to my partner. Tell him that is a perfect distance and shot shape for my 5W. Describe to him what I am about to do, and the expected result.

Address the ball, one last look at the target, get my mind right. Nice smooth backswing. Chunk, 10 yard shot. DOH!

Parrot;n8885307 said:
I hit JB's cart twice at the Odyssey Experience.

Any evidence of the damage???

T0AD falling out of bunkers. troyefl asking what room the people complaining to the hotel that we were all being too loud were in. Mike Dean refusing to back off the shot on the first tee to realign in Charleston, he had a green light.

IceyShanks;n8885407 said:
Any evidence of the damage???

On my part, just lingering shame.

Parrot;n8885445 said:
On my part, just lingering shame.

No shame partner. All in good fun.

Parrot;n8885307 said:
I hit JB's cart twice at the Odyssey Experience.

The best was JB’s reaction when we said was this the first time your cart was hit TODAY? JB’s reply and laugh was priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuffle master;n8885462 said:
The best was JB’s reaction when we said was this the first time your cart was hit TODAY? JB’s reply and laugh was priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and then 6 holes later...

I mean I almost hit morgan down in Florida at last years Ultimate weekend haha.

That video above is funny haha. Didn't know the news covered it.... legit

At my last event I was partners with JB and I had a 2 foot putt to win the hole. JB says, "You're not going to 3 putt are you, I can pick up my ball right?" Very confidently I said yeah pick it up, no problem. I'm sure you can tell where this story is going... I preceded to hit my putt about 4 feet past the hole and lets just say the comebacker didn't fall.

Regional Rivalry 2017 at the Tournament Club of Iowa in Des Moines. It was hot, and I had drank quite a bit the night before with THPers mainly with my boy Boder. I was slightly dehydrated the next day. Kinda felt something coming on internal about #8 but we were behind time wise so I thought I would be ok and didn't want to hold up the group. Got to #9 my partner Boder says man theres the bathroom go ahead. I was like nah ill be fine. (bad mistake) We got to par 5 #13 and I teed off and was like ohhhhh F. Everyone else teed off and as we were rolling down the fairway I turned to Boder and go "bro, I gotta run to a halfway house im not gonna make it. Im sorry but im gonna have to leave you to the wolves on this hole or its gonna be a bad deal." he goes "alright let me get to my ball and get the yardage and stuff and you can go" so we get to his ball, he gets out, gets his range finder out, shoots it to what seems like 20 times, starts clanking in his bag for a club for what seems like he grabbed every club in his bag, I hear a zipper unzip then zip back up and then I finally go "bro, get your f*cking bag off this cart I gotta go!" hes like oh sh*t lol I start to high tail it down the fairway towards the halfway house. The group on 13 green is all looking over like WTF is this clown doing? I turn the corner and start down a very steep hill and the brake assist kicks on and im like fuuuuuuuuuuu c'mon you piece of sh*t cart! Needless to say I finally got there and all was good afterwards without going into further detail. IceyShanks I think you and @JB witnessed that. Pringles too lol

edit: for the record Boder actually almost halved the hole two against one

Shaft Up Finale 2018 Mission Inn Club in Howey in the Hills Florida. Standing on #9 tee and decided to get out my new Srixon 3W that was given to the participants for the event. Par 3 #8 was to the left. I put a completely WAFFA (waffa = aint waffa f*ck) swing and hit a hook draw. Then I noticed Danny Le turning the corner and coming down the hill on 8 cartpath. My first thought was eh I don't think that's going to get there. Big SoIL goes oh **** are you gonna yell fore?! And I stood there again like eh I don't think its going to get there. Then BAMMMMMM!!!!!. The ball crashed dead in the center logo of the cart between the two headlights. Dannys arms start flailing and im like ohhh F!! I just killed Danny!! Then @JB goes "why didn't you yell fore?!" I was like "man I really didn't think it was going to get there!" We meet Danny a hole or two later and he still has the deer in the headlights look. I felt so bad I cant even describe it. jkray25 I think he witnessed this too.

THP events is where its at

Last edited:
I've seen a few THP event first tee bloopers, couldn't find any on film.

A funny one I remember watching was live from the first tee, and Velardo pulling his drive into the woods. Can’t remember if that also included an Ethan tracer or not...

Misike;n8886307 said:
A funny one I remember watching was live from the first tee, and Velardo pulling his drive into the woods. Can’t remember if that also included an Ethan tracer or not...

That was funny to watch in person!

The one for me that immediately comes to mind is jerking my T shot hard left smacking a big tree solidly. Obviously we heard it hit hard but did not see where the ball went, as I'm standing there trying to figure out what direction my ball went my partner said I didn't see it! About a second later the ball lands about two feet from me on the Tee Box! I almost hit myself with my tee shot!

Back