Who gets your business? Give them a shout out!

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who gets your golf dollars when you make a purchase?
A local mom & pop? A big box store? Online retailer? BST?

Give them a shout out!

I love dealing at my local pro shop, called Taurus Golf, the only place I would take gear for repair before I started doing my own!

all of my club work goes through a local establishment, jessy james golf. the owner mike is a super guy, and i've always been pleased with their work.

my purchases are usually through a big box, or ebay.

There isn't an actual retailer within 100 miles of me for anything other than balls/gloves/tees, so mine gets spread around a wide variety of online. I shop in any and every store/shop I see when I travel, but it's mostly just to get my hands on things and see them in person. Hard to get a lot of golf related things home conveniently when traveling.

Generally Golf USA in Manhattan KS

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club gets most of my green fee money. Not a long course but pretty challenging with tight fairways and elevation changes. Very nicely kept greens as well.

Mine is a mix, some big box, some OEM, some eBay. Just look for the most practical deal in what I am searching for.

Budget golf gets a shot at all of my purchases. They are hard to beat.

Budget Golf, Global Golf, TGW, SP4.

There's not a dedicated golf shop within an hour of my house. The closest Academy Sports is continually shrinking their space for golf, and I refuse to purchase stuff at Dick's (though, its golf section is no good, either). Our club has no true 'pro shop', right now, but the old space for it is being renovated for new use.

Since 1 Jan 2019, I have purchased golf related items at:
eBay
Lostgolfballs
Snell Golf
THP
GolfWRX
Golf Galaxy
Club Champion
MG Golf
Golf Galaxy
Grips4less
BudgetGolf
Golfworks
Hireko
ValueGolf
Evolve golf

And I have paid greens fees at:
Admiral Baker
Earlywine
Tannenbaum
Tinker
Lincoln Park
Trosper
Kickingbird
Hefner
Stewart
Coyote Ridge
Links
Sea N Air
GolfNow

TBD for me. I bought my irons and driver last year after getting fitted by a local pro. I was also taking regular lessons from him. He helped me have more fun with both my game and gear. Sadly he passed away (a 30 something) crashing his truck. I loved that guy and would have bought everything through him for years. Broke my heart. RIP Brian Eekhoff.

With him out of the picture, I don't have preferred local source. We have pro shops at courses, but they have limited inventory and I am not keen working with any of them for club fitting. I have no issue buying online if I know what I want but don't have any favorites.

So far for me this summer it has been Callaway Pre-Owned to replace a few clubs in my bag.

Foxy Golf and Golf Galaxy in NE Ohio!!

Budget Golf has been my go to the par year or so.

Callawaygolf.com or local course

No retailers close to me so most of my purchases are done online, with all of my purchases this year coming from Cobra/Puma Golf, Budget Golf, Maple Hill Golf, and Evolve Golf

Budget Golf and Callaway Preowned are who gets my measly dollars.

mostly one of these 5:
eBay
Callaway preowned
Rock Bottom
Global Golf
Budget Golf

and occasionally for something I need right away Golf Galaxy

Going to give a huge shout out to Golf Headquarters in Louisville, KY on Shelbyville Rd. They used to be a franchise, but this one is locally owned and made it through the recession. The guy that owns it is great, they have more stuff than Golf Galaxy, they are great club fitters, they have a good used inventory, and they have a good relationship with the sales reps so they get stuff for cheap from time to time, including Footjoy shirts, Stitch headcovers, logo overrun Titleist balls, etc.

Budget Golf gets a lot of my business, those guys are just all around awesome. If I need something quick I'll either go to my clubhouse (limited options though) or our local Austads golf. My club work gets done at Austads. Callaway Preowned has taken a good chunk of my money too.

Hmmm....

Man I really try to give my money to the local guy or local pro shop or my home course pro shop for balls, and sofltlines stuff. It’s hard to do that for equipment however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy stuff at various online sites too, but the place that deserves a shout out for a lot of my business is Mitchell Golf in Billings, MT.

Budget, Callaway, CPO, PGASS for some stuff. My club fitter, Scott Felix, does my club work. He’d get even if we had someone at least semi-competent locally. SP4 got some money but they’re getting punted.

Greens fees are mostly at the Ole Miss course or Kirkwood National.

Budget Golf or Cobra Puma Golf

Back