Can you tee with the T marker between you and the ball or does/would that bother you?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I often do this when I want a better max angle for the tee shot. Plenty times due to layout we want to be tight against one side of the tee area or the other. So when that's the case I take it all the way max that i can and stand outside with ball inside of course.

people often mention when they see me do it that they could never do that cause it would be in their head. Often mention they dont know how im able to do it. But honestly I have no issue at all with it. has no affect on my swing. I can be great or stink either way lol
Its there in between me and the ball but its not at all bothersome nor in my head. I just know that I have the maximum angle I can get. The tee marker is not on my stance nor on my swing path so I don't even consider it an issue in the slightest bit.

I do understand why it would bother many people. What about you. Do you do it or can you do it without it bothering you? many people wont even consider it for that reason.

Doesn't bother me at all, as long as it's still flat where I'm standing. When you play the tips at my home course there are two tee shots that are best served placing the ball as close the the left marker, and standing outside it, as possible. It does get a look from people every now and then, or a question asking if it's legal, but I do it reflexively.

I've done it before, and have come close to smashing my club on it too. Tend not to do it anymore.
One course I play has large flower planters as the tee markers, making it impossible to set up with it between you and the ball.

my profile picture should answer that question

I haven't done it in a while, but I have done it before.

Works for me...

Can't do it. Gets in my head for some reason and always results in a poor shot.

I've done it before only if the tee boxes are so beat up, there's no decent place to stand. Mentally, I don't like seeing it but oddly, it makes focus on the ball a bit more.

Plus I see guys on YouTube do it and I want to cool like them

rollin;n8886325 said:
I often do this when I want a better max angle for the tee shot. Plenty times due to layout we want to be tight against one side of the tee area or the other. So when that's the case I take it all the way max that i can and stand outside with ball inside of course.

people often mention when they see me do it that they could never do that cause it would be in their head. Often mention they dont know how im able to do it. But honestly I have no issue at all with it. has no affect on my swing. I can be great or stink either way lol
Its there in between me and the ball but its not at all bothersome nor in my head. I just know that I have the maximum angle I can get. The tee marker is not on my stance nor on my swing path so I don't even consider it an issue in the slightest bit.

I do understand why it would bother many people. What about you. Do you do it or can you do it without it bothering you? many people wont even consider it for that reason.

I won't do it. Way too distracting for me visually.

Watching others do it makes me cringe haha

This has always been a no for me. So distracting that it will and certainly has in the past affected my swing.

I doesn’t bother me much at all. I’d rather have the tee marker in front of me than have it right between or just behind my feet.

I tried it once and cannot do that again. I am having the shakes just thinking about it.

Tee marker is no problem. However, on some tee boxes, you are standing in the rough or on a slope when you do that. When that is the case, I think twice about doing that.

I did it today.

It doesn't bother me at all and I will often do it depending on where the markers are set up

Through hundreds and hundreds of rounds, I've never done it. I have no idea if dynamically it would create a problem for me but I sure know that I don't like even the idea of it.

Weird maybe, but true.

I know it's probably crazy but having the tee marker between me and the ball I'd be convinced I was going to somehow hit it during my swing.

In fact, not only do I not do that but I always tee up at least a foot and a half or so inside the marker for the same reason. I know logically I am not going to swing 6" outside the ball and hit it with the club but that's how it looks to me.

This is no doubt partly due to my club's using good-sized stone tee markers that just don't look like the sort of thing you want anywhere near a swinging club.

Never tried it, but I’m sure that it would get into my head ... perhaps that’s why I’ve never tried it.

The thing about it for me is that Im more comfy with the marker than I am with a lessor approach angle for the shot. When Im looking for the better angle it just seems every inch and foot counts. Standing outside vs inside can be about a yrd difference and that imo is pretty substantial when picking target line.

It's never really bothered me and I do it pretty often. It's kind of funny that I'm so mental about a lot of other things in the game but that doesn't bother me.

I have done it before and would do it again, if so inclined. I tend to tee up on the left side of the box anyway since I'm an amateur hooker. What really irks me is when I find a good spot and the tee marker ends up under my left foot. I usually move it, but on the times I'm too lazy to retee, I just end up hitting and almost always hook it way left or don't get thru and hang it out way right.

it's a no for me. too distracting.

Visually hard for me to look down at it, so I don't, plus nervous my foot would trip over it after my swing.

Back