How do you calculate your distance

I'm back to Game Golf, now that I figured out a data corruption problem that rendered it practically useless for a few months. It seems quicker to respond than others I've tried, and, of course, my tagged shots show up immediately. I wish they'd improve on the cartoon hole layouts on the up-close views, but I'm sure that's faster than pulling satellite images off a server somewhere. It does lack the ability to move a cursor to get a distance to a hazard or different landing areas.

I've also used 18Birdies and TheGrint. 18Birdies has the best looking interface, overlaying a satellite image, but it burns up my battery too fast and is the slowest of the 3, on average, to update my position when I wake my phone up. TheGrint, if I recall correctly, doesn't show distances to the front or back of the green.

The Grint is what i use for my handicap tracking it seems to work well. I am hoping Arccos has the link soon so that will free my phone up.

I use the Shot Scope 2 watch for distances. I also carry the Garmin G6 which gives me a picture of the hole, lets me visualise distances to hazards and double check against the Shot Scope when the distance given looks wrong. BTW it rarely is.

Range finder or Golf Buddy GPS

Previously, either the GameGolf phone app or a Garmin Approach G3. Lately, nothing but the course markers.

I use a Leupold rangefinder and my phone app (Golfshot).

Golfshot app on my phone. I use it for distances and to keep score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Use a Garmin S60 for my yardage.

Back