How many golf gloves do you go through?

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I go through 20 gloves during the summer and that is probably a conservative estimate. I just got into my truck and currently have five gloves and one pair of rain gloves on my dash drying out from yesterday. It’s just so humid here in the summer that 3 gloves in rotation is usually the minimum for most rounds.

It blows my mind When there are guys that I play with that go through only one glove and keep it in the back pocket in between shots. I am a little jealous.

how many gloves do you go through?

Attachments

• photo36276.jpg
    photo36276.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I go through a lot also. Summer here is a sweat fest and I am using a few per round. They don’t last very long either so I’ll keep a few new ones I the bag.

wubears71;n8886789 said:
I go through 20 gloves during the summer and that is probably a conservative estimate. I just got into my truck and currently have five gloves and one pair of rain gloves on my dash drying out from yesterday. It’s just so humid here in the summer that 3 gloves in rotation is usually the minimum for most rounds.

It blows my mind When there are guys that I play with that go through only one glove and keep it in the back pocket in between shots. I am a little jealous.

how many gloves do you go through?

You wouldn't last a day in the south east haha.
Current deal on new Rain Gloves just went up on Budget Golf Deal Fest. Crazy cheap and with THP Coupon.

I rotate three during the round. I can usually get several weeks out of a glove, maybe a couple months.

i probably buy about 8-12 gloves a year. i'll try to get 3-4 rounds out of a glove before retiring it to my practice glove.

Use one for the round, taking it off between each shot. It tends to get tougher to put on during the back 9 and on really hot days gets pretty sweaty. I bet if I used 2 a round and rotated them each hole it would help.

I can go an entire round with 1 glove, but I normally have 1 for the front and 1 for the back. I take my glove off after every shot so it does not get soaked through. Buy a few a year.

Last edited:
I am in the deep south where heat and humidity are king. I rotate 3 gloves during a round. Use FJ WeatherSof gloves as I have found they are the best for me in terms of grip when wet with sweat and durability. I get about 25 or 30 rounds out of them in the summer.

I’m probably going through 15-20 in a summer, including practice. I rotate 3 during a round (typically every six holes), sometimes more.

I recently went through two in a round, but in reality should have used 4 or 5.

I need to up the stockpile, as I usually only have 2 gloves on me.

I have 4 or 5 gloves that I use in a rotation during each round. none are more than 3 months old cause of the sweat that destroys them in Georgia. I probably go through about 8-10 per year in total. If I lived in a less humid climate I’m sure this number would be half that.

I probably go through 10 or so each year. Most of those are destroyed between June and September. I rotate at least two gloves during the really hot rounds. I've done 6 hole rotations, 3-4 hole rotations, and even did every other hole last round. I don't think I care for every other hole. I don't think it has time to dry out well enough. Probably 3 holes is about perfect.

I've recently started using a moisture wicking arm sleeve to cut down on how much sweat reaches my glove. It helps as long as there's ample wind.

I usually go through a glove a year. Less this year with the Sonar tour grips I don’t even use a glove sometimes.

10 to 15 per year. I go thru 2-3 per round taking them off every shot and hanging it from the cart so it catches air.

I'll use one usually, 2 on those really hot days. My problem isn't sweat really. It's that I wear through them like crazy. I normally only get 2, maybe 3 rounds out of the glove I like playing, and I usually play around somewhere around 70 rounds a year. So that's 30-35 gloves a year? Ouch!!

Most of the cheaper gloves I've tried, I don't like the feel of.

On hot days I’ll rotate a couple, but usually I’ll go through 3-4 a season and start fresh the next year.

Gees. Now I feel bad for only using 1-2 gloves a season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I wore a glove every day I played (which is most days), I'd go through probably 50+ gloves a year. So instead I wear them when I'm playing a serious round and rotate 2 during a round - 1 for the front 9 and 1 for the back.

I just switched to corded grips after a long period of playing tour velvet grips, with the hope that I'll keep a better grip on my clubs if I'm sweating and not wearing a glove. So far it seems to be helping.

I buy 2 a year. That may seem low but if it isn't 85 and humid, I don't use one. 10 rounds a year is the most I will use a glove.

I’m at about 2 per year. Since switching to bionic gloves they have been holding up pretty good. But i play once a week if I’m lucky so that may not be all that much wear and tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably 3-4 a year. I will use one for a long weekend of golf (4+ rounds) and then toss it. Other than that I can use the same glove for a few months.

Back