Would you wear a wife beater if you could?

Why not? I played at Wailea on Kauai with some locals. We all wore board shorts, tank tops and no shoes. We certainly weren’t alone in our wardrobe selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord no! I’ve got muscles but a huge belly and hairy shoulders. One of the really low end courses here allows it, heck they have zero dress code as I’ve seen shirtless folks.

But i wear golf clothes as my everyday wear every day anyways. Most of the time I wear golf shoes too. I’m on my feet all day and they provide great traction and are meant to be walked in. Most of the ones I wear every day just look like casual dress shoes anyways. Plus I never know when I might be able to sneak in a round so it pays to be prepared. :)

Sadly, those days have passed me by.

They are comfy but don’t think so haha. If it’s that hot, and it’s not a super nice place, I’ll typically just wear a light t shirt (oh the horror haha)

Not on the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Nobody wants to see that.

I have never owned a wife beater.

I would! At least a tank top...probably not a wife beater! But, a mock turtle neck...now that is just silly!

What colors do they have ?

Noooo..applying sunscreen is already annoying enough.

Plus #$@% no!

Negatvie Ghost Rider, The Pattern Is Full.

There are too many polos out there with moisture wicking and to keep you comfortable on the course without needing a wife beater/muscle shirt to be cool

I can't use chemical sunscreens, so, baring more skin isn't a good thing for me.

I live in a very small town in Northern Michigan.... where nothing says lovin' like marrying your cousin. Where looking for an errant shot in the woods can turn into a scene out of the movie Deliverance. (By the time you start hearing the banjos, it'll be too late.)

Even here in this backwoods, hillbilly, inbred, mullet haircut, Skoal chewing, camo wearing, open carry, land that time forgot... wife beater shirts on the golf course are not ok.

Seriously, others can wear whatever the courses allow and it won't bother me in the least... I mean, so long as they're also playing ready golf. For me, the days of owning sleeveless shirts have long passed.

jhtr20;n8887153 said:
If you could wear a tank top, aka wife beater tee, on your golf course, would you? There are some obscenely hot days where I think I would. If they were allowed do you think more people would play?

hard... to the no.

that would break my brain.

No. Wife beaters arent acceptable attire on the golf course. Golf is a gentleman's game and you should dress as such. A gentleman would never wear a wife beater.

Nope. I don't even own one.

... Not a chance. But my 28yr old son, an ex DE that looks like a greek god and still works our religiously actually looks good in one. At a course we play pretty regularly, the rangers don't care that he wears one but remind him to put on a collared shirt when playing 9 and 18 where the pro can see him.

Nope, I am old fashioned and believe there are certain standards of dress and conduct for playing golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back