What is the best/worst golf advice you have gotten?

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
What is the best/worst advice given?

Best - get lessons
worst. - just check out YouTube for swing tips.

Worst: Keep your head down, I found it pulls my eyes off the ball when turning my shoulders.
Best: Head up, look down my nose at the ball like a snobby golfer.:glasses-cool:

Last edited:
Best: get lessons
Worst: You aren't taking the club back far enough and that is why you aren't hitting the ball far.

You should buy that 40 ft RV and call it a Tour Van, from then PGA of America marketing person, John Kim.

Best: some random dude at the driving range nicely mentioning that, with my consistent swing (and slice) I just need to bend my left wrist the opposite direction to stop slicing.

Worst: tee the ball up higher

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Worst: "You need to fluff your bad lies".

I was paired with this older gentleman years ago who, upon finding out I was new to the game, decided to educate me on the game. This was just one of many tidbits he shared that day.

Best: hmmmm... not sure. Perhaps I should consider fluffing my bad lies. It might qualify as both.

Best - your clubs are good enough, just practice more
Worst - To keep your head down, look behind you on your downswing.

Best: hmm...tough. Sadly, I’m not sure I’ve ever received any great advise in golf. Only thing that comes to mind is that a pro once told me to practice “shots” (low left, center, right, mid left, center, right and high left, center, right) at the range and not to just hit the same shot over and over again.

Worst: Keep your head down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best: play your own game and don't mentally think you have to keep up with long ball hitters.

Worst: Roll your wrists.

Best: This game is hard, played by imperfect people on ever changing imperfect conditions with tools that are not optimized for the task at hand. It's not about hitting the perfect shot. It's about hitting a shot that gives you the best chance to make the next one easier for yourself.

I still fight the best advice one. Who wants to hit it 20-30ft away from the pin when you could just fire right at it like a boss?

Best: Just have fun. Technique will come later, right now just learn to have fun on the course. Definitely helps with my overly competitive nature.

Worst: You should never cut down a driver. When being handed a near 46" off the rack driver. Second fitting I ever had. First fitting my driver was cut down and asked about the same....

Back