A deal on the Course

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
We always hear talk about business deals getting done on the golf course, but those are usually at country clubs, right? I just signed a contract for the purchase of 29 acres of ground, potentially for a new project for our company. I literally met the seller out on my home course (municipal). He was playing golf with his granddaughter, who is on the local high school golf team. I was playing as a single. We started talking and it led to our deal that we just barely signed, a multi-million dollar real estate transaction. Pretty cool, eh?

that’s awesome!

personally i can’t imagine the deal itself would be finalized - even in principal - while playing. i’d assume it would come up a bit, but convo would revert to life, other interests, stories, etc. the deal would come up again at the 19th hole and get decided there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good luck with your multi million dollar deal. I do mean that :)
but not sure why we needed to hear about it.

Congrats Tenputt very cool!

rollin;n8888035 said:
Good luck with your multi million dollar deal. I do mean that :)
but not sure why we needed to hear about it.

If you truly are “not sure why and not simply trolling,” then you don’’t understand what a community like THP is all about. I see this as a place where people cheer each other on, and this little, very unusual experience was golf-related.

McLovin;n8887992 said:
that’s awesome!

personally i can’t imagine the deal itself would be finalized - even in principal - while playing. i’d assume it would come up a bit, but convo would revert to life, other interests, stories, etc. the deal would come up again at the 19th hole and get decided there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The process of negotiating the actual transaction took place over a two week period after the random meeting on the local municipal course. We just signed the papers today, but the meeting was two weeks ago tomorrow.

Back