How do you consume golf? Member at a club? Daily greens fee?

I can't dedicate enough time or $$ to a full club, so I do a monthly deal with my "home course" for $80 a month. I get unlimited range balls to practice and 1/2 off all tee times. This helps me have a spot to play when i need to without making advance tee times and at a discount.

We are members of the private club in town. The very nice 18-hole muni is right across the street from our house. Many of our neighbors drive their carts over from home each day to play there. We may buy a city membership someday so I can join them.

I usually use an app or buy prepay golf deals online.

I’m not home enough to make paying for any of the private clubs by my house an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season pass at a set of munis. Our parks district runs five courses (two 18 hole, two 9 hole, one par 3), all quite well maintained, and sells a season pass for just over $700 to all five. It's such a great deal that even though I keep being tempted to go private, I have a hard time passing up the five-course pass.

Jman;n8888201 said:
I get free golf at the two local courses because I’m a HS golf coach.

Its a win.

The golf business has some great perks. I was an ass pro at the course I am hoping to join and got to play all the best courses in Minneapolis.

Daily muni for me. One or two (if I’m lucky) rounds on the weekend. I hit a fair amount of range balls during the week.

Muni or bust! Nothing's more American than Muni golf.

Use an online golf website to get discounted green fees.

Private when we joined then they took it semi-private. I play most of my rounds here but venture out from time to time.

Mainly just public courses with the occasional round at Bearpath or Edina CC with friends.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Member at a private club.

Play when I travel on vacation or for work.

goalie;n8888598 said:
Mainly just public courses with the occasional round at Bearpath or Edina CC with friends.

Hey Goalie,

I am in Champlin. What courses do you play most often

MattyDMPLS;n8888749 said:
Hey Goalie,

I am in Champlin. What courses do you play most often
I'm in Eden Prairie. I am in a league at Timber Creek in Watertown. I play Chaska Town and Braemar mostly when I'm not there. We'll hit up the Mpls courses too, especially during the week

I have a membership at a semi-private club, the only course within 45 mins of the house. I enjoy being able to play 9 (or less) more than I expected I would.

I’m lucky to live in an area where I can typically find good deals to play nice public courses. Clubcorp is huge in Atlanta and probably the only private club I’d consider joining but they have so many members that it’s just as busy as any other public course. Which is a major reason I’d join in the first place - to grab a tee time anytime I want and not be crowded.

I have the discount card for the two county courses (play twice and it pays for itself). I also like playing different courses (32 so far this year in 8 different states) so I'm no longer a member at the club in town. It was really nice to have a regular morning time with the same group on Saturday and Sunday though.

vdubtx;n8888241 said:
I am also member of The Players Club. Pay same $30 per month and golf for $20 weekdays or after 1pm weekends at one course or $15 at another. Free range balls and they also do some free clinics. Haven’t been able to get to any clinics yet. Timing isn’t best for my schedule unfortunately.

It's a pretty sweet deal! I play with two friends who also signed up. I'm at Rancocas in NJ. American golf only has a few East coast courses. I've played onr in central jersey and another in Va. Don't think the club is reciprocal at those however.

MattyDMPLS;n8888122 said:
That seems like a really good deal! What’s the name of your course?

Rancocas in Willingboro, NJ. Part of the American Golf Course group. Bunch of West coast courses, only a few out here on the East coast.

usually golfnow, and other similar sites. some courses have deals like 10 rounds for $300. i only purchase those during the summer so i get early tee times. living in DFW theres so many golf courses. i dont think i would ever join a club because i dont like to play the same course over and over.

Back