What is one thing you would change about your "Home" Course?

aljaklaw

bobo
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
We all have a local course that we play. What would you change about your local course?

What would the intended effect be? Would this change make you play there more? Or even less?

For me, my local course is ridiculously overwatered, especially the greens - to the point that lift-clean-place could legitimately be used in the middle of summer when we haven't had rain in 2 weeks. The change that I would make would be to severely cut back on overnight watering. This would result in firmer greens that roll faster, with less foot indentations to knock putts offline.

I would likely play there more, as one thing I greatly dislike is being punished on good putts.

What is one thing you would change about your "Home" Course?

Probably open up the tree areas and move some dirt to allow for more room for error and better playability.

I would prob just fix a few crooked tee boxes. Otherwise it’s a pretty good muni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd move the halfway house (snack shack) to the #8 tee box. Theres always a backup there anyways due to course design, so it's frustrating having to wait there, and then wait again on #10 while guys scarf down their hot dogs and re-load on beverages.

What would I change about my home course?

Have the owner/pro concentrate on golf, the golf course, and instruction...... instead of thinking they need to work numerous other part time jobs to earn a living.

The course gets neglected, people that want lessons are ignored, and a once profitable course is now just scraping by.

Teach one lesson a day and you will be bringing in more than your part time job. You are great at it, and people want the teaching.

Put sand, as opposed to dirt, in the bunkers.

Unrealistic changes, #9 and #10 are the only par 5s. That's kinda annoying.

Realistic, level out several of the tee boxes. Clean the damn spiders off the ball washers.

Nothing course wise just some of the rules in place

The thing I would change is the reason it is no longer my home course.

Pace of play.

Change the smelly water in the ball washers more often.
Reseed or move the one tee box that's shaded almost all day so the grass never grows and it's basically a pile of dirt.

Not much. Just some landscaping (like adding wild flowers where we currently have native areas).

Depending on the course, but the one I play most would probably be a few trees that need some trimming back near tee boxes or corners on fairways. Or move a couple tee boxes away from some of the trees as trimming them is a big no no here in the state due to the type of tree.

Oh I would also flip the nines back to original design. I don’t like ending on the par 3 so far away from the club house.

Fix four holes so that they're not so ^%$@#!* $@#^ing waterlogged.

This is actually being done at the end of 2019, but I wish that they would have done that at the end of 2018 before building the new clubhouse and pointless pond behind the 18th green. I love the actual 18 holes at Ash Brook, but the weather has made things miserable for the last two years.

Add bunkers, Prairie Lakes in Grand Prairie Texas has 27 holes, but no bunkers

make the practice facility more expensive, or have tiered pricing for different areas. right now, it gets so much play that the area is always a disaster, and they resort to mats at least 3 days a week. i love the inclusivity, but the only way i know to keep the grass in good enough shape is to price people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Improve drainage--the course has three holes that are always wet, no matter what. AND better bunker maintenance. Seems like they are never raked at that well, as many are washed out and way too firm.

Greens. There are 7 that are severely sloped back to front, with no subtleties. Pin-high is a death sentence on these.

They are also smaller than Pebble Beach's.

donny475;n8888747 said:
Add bunkers, Prairie Lakes in Grand Prairie Texas has 27 holes, but no bunkers

Bridger Creek could use more sand sand traps too. There are some here and there. Might even try sand instead of concrete-like fill in the bunkers we have. Next year I am likely to pick up a membership at Black Bull. I will actually have to learn to hit out of bunkers to play there. But I will also continue to play at Bridger Creek. Lovely setting and it is where the high school kids practice and play. Big fan of junior golf.

My home course! Haha. It is all about the people I play with there.

It used to be an easy answer, get rid of the stupid wood planks surrounding our bunkers. They look cool but can cause a huge headache.

However lately they have been killing off probably 60-70% of the rough and replacing it with fescue. They are doing it to cut down on time spent mowing and it's just going to add time to rounds trying to find balls.

McLovin;n8888754 said:
make the practice facility more expensive, or have tiered pricing for different areas. right now, it gets so much play that the area is always a disaster, and they resort to mats at least 3 days a week. i love the inclusivity, but the only way i know to keep the grass in good enough shape is to price people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can't say I expected to find "raise prices" in this thread lol, but I get what you're saying.

Better P.O.P. On both courses and better access to tee times for residents.

we are a par 70 and play around 6600 from the tips. We have room on the front and back to make 2 of the par 4's into par 5's. I really hate only having 2 par 5's and would like to lengthen the course out a little

Back