What is one thing you would change about your "Home" Course?

Somehow make it get no hotter than 90* in the summer and no colder than 50* in the winter.

Give me a bucket truck and a chainsaw and I could make some great modifications. So much unnecessary overhanging trees on the tee boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really love the course so far. It’s minor, but the practice range you can only hit up to 180
yards or a little less. So for me nothing more than 7 iron.

Replace the owner with one who cares and understands what it takes to maintain a public facility. This is a real life experience for me and it's so damn frustrating.

I would change our rough, we don't have a first cut or second. It just goes fairway to rough.

Encourage people to play from the gold and red tees and to stop calling them the ladies and senior tees. People that have never played golf before should not play a near 6500 yard course that has forced carry shots and lots of dog legs.

Also upkeep the tee boxes.

I honestly wouldn't change much. Excellent layout, fair and challenging, requires every club and shot, and in real good shape, lots of well maintained traps. If anything I don't think they roll our greens, or even have a roller. The greens have a lot slope and structure but would be even better if they could be lightning quick too.

There are a lot of things but they all boil down to the way the course is maintained. If I have to limit it to one thing in that category it would be to firm up the fairways no matter if it is using less water, cutting the grass shorter or a combination of those.

All that it is missing is a naturally driveable par 4.

Better range and clean the muck out of the ponds. If I can walk across water then something is wrong.

Real sand... nice fluffy sand like they have on TV in the bunkers instead of the 1" of dirt. That is about it.

Better drainage. Accelerate the rehab of the tee boxes. Remove overhanging limbs on a couple of the boxes.

Redo the the fairway on the last par 5. There is maybe a 10 yard wide slot that one can hit and not have the ball kick right and roll into the rough....

I think nearly everyone that plays my home course would say add a driving range, but my home course is literally my "home" course as the 17th tee box is about 40 yards from my back porch. I go out before dusk and play 2-6 holes almost nightly so I don't need a range to keep sharp. I would change the jacklegs who don't fix their divots though. I fix at least 3 or 4 massive divots on each green at that time of night that someone else just left. It's like how did you not see that?

For my home course it would be larger greens. The greens there are known locally for being very small and a lot of people will not play there because of it. On the other hand, I do think it makes you a better irons player to have a smaller target to hit.

Definitely updated sand traps. They are horrible!

Rancocas in Willingboro, NJ. Play almost every week in season. Bunkers are clay and stones, they have fixed a few but much more need to be done. When they get wet it doesn't drain very well. Don't know if you've ever thought about it but water does not compress. If you hit a shot from saturated sand the club bounces off like it's concrete. The second thing I would like to see fixed is the tee boxes. They have a pronounced hump on many that makes finding a flat spot to tee the ball impossible. I have considered that it may be intentional on some holes as it lets you tee above your feet slightly to help a draw or below to play a cut. Some of them however are just too extreme. Won't affect how often I play, it's a fun and challenging layout, no sleeper holes. Robert Trent Jones design! Worth a play if you're in the area.

Last edited:
The course I go to had a two way range, with one side having mats, and the other side is grass. It's rarely open for some reason and over the years I would guess I am able to use it maybe 20% of the time. I've never asked why but wish it was open more.

A greenskeeper that had a ******* clue.

Overall, can't complain about my munis. But I'd say leveling the tee boxes. And insta-ban to anyone not raking bunkers/fixing ball marks.

Honestly everything is perfect on the course. A halfway shack or at least honor boxes with something other than water would be nice.

Add another 9 holes.

The grounds crew does a fantastic job and I love the layout of the current 9 hole course.

Fix sand traps to be more consistent. Other than that, it is a great course and in great shape. The Tribute Golf Club in The Colony, TX. Each hole is a replica of a hole from famous courses in the UK. A links style course on the shores of Lake Lewisville.

Back