Do you use a valuables pouch or a pocket in your golf bag?

Vortex

Reaction score
The TV cameras followed Henrik Stenson for a few minutes after he finished Saturday's round at the Scandinavian Invitational. He reached into one of his bag pockets, pulled out a valuables pouch, and headed for the scoring table.

Do you use a valuables pouch, a pocket in your golf bag, or neither?

If you use a valuables pouch, then is it from an OEM, a golf accessory company (i.e. Stitch), or a repurposed bag (i.e. Crown Royal)?

I use an OEM valuables pouch for balls, markers, tees, gloves, etc. when traveling without my clubs (i.e. renting from a course) but put my wallet and keys in a side pocket when playing. Curious what other people do.

I have one pouch for tees and one pouch for divot fixer/ball markers. Those two pouches set in the bag's large ball pocket area.
My cash, wallet and cell phone set within the golf bag's other pockets.

DG_1234;n8889574 said:
I have one pouch for tees and one pouch for divot fixer/ball markers. Those two pouches set in the bag's large ball pocket area.
My cash, wallet and cell phone set within the golf bag's other pockets.

A pouch within a pocket setup is what Stenson used. Assume the pouch contained his cell phone, wedding ring, wallet, car keys, etc.

I use the dry pocket for my keys, cigars, wallet, etc. Pitch tool, ball marker, and tees have their own pockets

I have a couple pouches in my bag, neither of which to hold my "valuables". I have a smaller Seamus pouch (I think maybe 4"x2") that I use to hold a few divot tools, ball markers and tees. Then I have a larger pouch that I keep a small bottle of pain relievers, a club wrench, some band aids/athletic tape and a magnetic beer koozie. Might be a pencil sharpener in there too. And maybe one of those tin cup outlines to mark your ball.

I keep my keys on a clip that hangs inside my bag, then I usually keep my wallet in a separate dry pocket in my bag. Cell phone is usually in my front left pocket so don't know that it would help me too much.

I have a small lined pocket in my bag that I use for most of those types of things. Otherwise, I have a bag from Budget that I use.

I have a pocket in the bag I use that is lined for valuables. Just the wallet, keys and ring go in there.

I do have a valuables pouch in my golf bag. However most of the time I’m running to the first tee box and forget to use it. Need to start taking the time as I’ve left several items in the cart (watch, wedding ring, wallet).

I just use one of the pockets of my bag. Ive got a Sun Mountain C130 and its got a couple of felt lined pockets that are perfect for holding a wallet and keys. Seamus does have a cool plaid valuables bag that Im tempted to pick up.

I have a small washable purse that fits perfectly in the slot behind the golf ball rack.

I use a small drawstring bag from St Andrews for my watch, wallet & keys when I’m not playing my home course. Home course, those stay at the house.
I have a small Ace of Golf Clubs bag I use to keep tees in, that goes in the ball pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the valuables pocket in the bag today, but generally I have been using the THP/Ogio mod pouch.

Valuables pocket in the bag for wallet and keys. Which I inevitable forget to take out before putting the bag in the back of my truck.

I just keep a wad of cash in an internal pocket in case.

no, i don’t. i don’t keep anything of intrinsic value in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a valuables pouch but really all that’s in it are a few tees, divot repair tool, and some coins. My wallet and keys go in a side pocket in my bag, or the top part of my clicgear

Just use a special pouch in my bag for my keys and phone when I'm on the course.

wubears71;n8889697 said:
I just keep a wad of cash in an internal pocket in case.

Shadow Creek????

giphy.gif

Vortex;n8889821 said:
Shadow Creek????

Na. I actually don’t gamble when golfing. For some reason I like keeping the two separate. Mainly for food, drinks and tips. I am a cash guy.

I use the upper pocket on the right side for my keys, phone and $100,000 rolex. Wait I am not Rory. Just keys and phone.

MattyDMPLS;n8889834 said:
I use the upper pocket on the right side for my keys, phone and $100,000 rolex. Wait I am not Rory. Just keys and phone.

:D LOL.

Tiger avoids any security issues by wearing his during the round. Rolex watches are definitely a status thing for the big winners like Rory, Tiger, Rickie, JT, and Jordan, and Phil. Think Bubba and Sergio wear other brands.

Watch, wallet, and ring go in the small lined pocket in the bag, keys tossed in any other.

I have a valuables pouch, clipped to the bag. Car keys, creedit card and cash go in there. Just so it is all in one place and I know where to go to grab it.

I had a cool St Andrews valuables pouch my Mom got me when she visited Scotland years ago. Unfortunately, it was lost in the flood. Right now I am just using the golf bag until I find something I want. I may be playing the Palm at Disney next year, so I think I may try to find something mouse related.

I keep my keys, wallet and airpods in the velour lined pocket in my bag.

Back