Hello from Phoenix

mtbloco

Grandaddy X!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

Took up golf in high school. I was on the JV team. Probably the worst player on the team as a senior. But I was there for free lessons and fun. I managed to play off-and-on through grad school. Then mountain biking took over my passion and I let the clubs bake in the garage. 15+ years later, and 3 weeks ago, some co-workers talked suggested that we should go to Top Golf for happy hour. To my surprise, I was making better contact with actual lift on my shots. I seemed vastly improved from all those years ago. And that was enough to get me hooked on the game again. At little range rocks with the vintage clubs showed it wasn't all the beer at TopGolf. I really was hitting the ball fairly. But knew these clubs were not going to help me going forward. (~1992 Wilson "oversized Cavity backs")

I ran out to get custom fitted. Once I did, I quickly learned that a big part of my inconsistent play, was never having properly fit clubs, let alone "good" ones. +1/2" length, Up 3. So a set of white dot Ping G410 are getting made. I'm trying to be patient until they arrive. I must really be hooked to be re-starting my golf game in the peak of Phoenix Summer! But there it is.

brian

Welcome Brian!

TopGolf seems to help a lot of people get back into the swing of things... very relaxed and fun environment.

Welcome! I am in Gilbert, AZ and you picked some great clubs to get back into the game. Good luck and keep your eyes open on the Arizona locals thread. Kind of hard to plan a get together when it is so hot, but we will definitely get some THP people together at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

When i went for my fit, the Pings were not on my short list of clubs I "thought" I wanted. It was very clear when I hit them that they were the ones for me. I will keep an eye on the local thread. Hopefully I can get on a course soon so that I'm somewhat presentable for a meeting new friends. ;)

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome Brian!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Nice choice in Football teams! I'm a big Brady (Go Blue) and Patriots fan. Lived in Boston area for 4 years prior to moving to Phoenix.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Nice choice in Football teams! I'm a big Brady (Go Blue) and Patriots fan. Lived in Boston area for 4 years prior to moving to Phoenix.
Always glad to have another Patriots fan. I have season tickets. It's going to be a good season. Tough schedule for the pats.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always glad to have another Patriots fan. I have season tickets. It's going to be a good season. Tough schedule for the pats.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hopefully Gronk changes his mind an comes out of retirement right after the pre-season.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to Thp

Back