Hello from the Boston area! New here

Welcome fellow Hacker!

Well I figured I should put this out there since I talked about it in this thread but I did it. I not only got a birdie but I would like to say I broke 90. It wasn't a par 72 course. Par 66 so if I added the 6 strokes I would've gotten an 82. It was the round of my life. I'm usually happy with 2 or 3 pars with the rest being bogeys and maybe keep the doubles down to 1 or two but this round was off the walls. I had 8 pars, 1 birdie, yes 7 bogeys but I usually get like 10 if not more, and 2 double bogeys which with the round I was having made me mad whereas in a normal round at the courses I normally play I'd be happy keeping it to just 2.

But anyways thought I'd share because it was just such an exciting feeling.

:welcome: Handicap means nothing really here other then how many pops you get at events. What matters is your love of the game and attitude. We have guys from scratch all the way up to 36 handicap here and all are welcome. There are some good THPers in your area for sure. I know @PatsFan is just outside of Boston as well and Billy is a good dude. I make it up that way about once a year myself on vacation although this year the wife is too pregnant for us to make the journey but maybe next year we can get together. My wife has family in Northborough and Westborough. Jump in and enjoy the forum. This is truly a great place for golfers of all ages, sexes, and skill levels.

Welcome to THP!....OITW is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and he is a "Bostonian"

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::thankyou::thankyou:

Well I figured I should put this out there since I talked about it in this thread but I did it. I not only got a birdie but I would like to say I broke 90. It wasn't a par 72 course. Par 66 so if I added the 6 strokes I would've gotten an 82. It was the round of my life. I'm usually happy with 2 or 3 pars with the rest being bogeys and maybe keep the doubles down to 1 or two but this round was off the walls. I had 8 pars, 1 birdie, yes 7 bogeys but I usually get like 10 if not more, and 2 double bogeys which with the round I was having made me mad whereas in a normal round at the courses I normally play I'd be happy keeping it to just 2.

But anyways thought I'd share because it was just such an exciting feeling.

Congrats! What was the course?

Cedar Hill Golf Course, cheap little 9 hole place you can go around twice for a few bucks more. Wanted to do something productive but also wanted to beat the heat so decided to play it rather than one of the courses locally that a lot of people play sunday mornings.

Welcome to Thp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cedar Hill Golf Course, cheap little 9 hole place you can go around twice for a few bucks more. Wanted to do something productive but also wanted to beat the heat so decided to play it rather than one of the courses locally that a lot of people play sunday mornings.

I grew up in Randolph - a lot of rounds played at Cedar hill when I was a kid. Welcome to THP!

Back