New guy to the world of Golf - San Diego, CA

lolo415

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello fellow hackers, I’m a 38 years old late bloomer to the game of golf. I’m hailing from beautiful San Diego, CA. Looking to be a sponge and soak up on all of this great knowledge from members on this forum.

Just played 2 rounds of golf with a couple of buddies (admiral baker and mission trail courses). Looking to meet other local members . Really excited about this sport and the fact that I don’t need to be the fastest, strongest, or most athletic to play and have fun.

San Diego is a great spot for golf!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and the game of golf!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Hello and welcome. I’ve learned a lot in the short time I’ve been here.

Welcome to THP. San Diego is a great area enjoy visiting there

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!

:welcome:

I was in the same exact boat you are in 2 years ago. I was 37 about to turn 38 and picked up a golf club for the first time in my life. Get lessons. Take a lot of lessons early and stay off the course until you have had a few to get the basics down. I promise you will be much happier if you do. You are going to have a lot of highs and lows especially early on as you learn and your game grows. Just remember, even the pros hit a slice or hook from time to time. Even the pros miss short putts. Even the pros hit it thin or fat sometimes. Don't get frustrated and expect to be perfect every swing because nobody does. Did I mention GET LESSONS!!!!?

welcome to THP!

Welcome, you've pick the right place. Tons to soak in and enjoy around here!

Welcome to THP. There's a lot to soak up here, grab a chair and prepare to be sucked in for a few years...LOL.

Welcome to THP

welcome to THP and glad to see another SD golfer join up.

Welcome to THP! There’s worse places to live if ya wanna golf lol

Welcome!! That’s a hotbed of golf you find yourself in! Have fun out there!

Welcome aboard!

Hello fellow hackers, I’m a 38 years old late bloomer to the game of golf. I’m hailing from beautiful San Diego, CA. Looking to be a sponge and soak up on all of this great knowledge from members on this forum.

Just played 2 rounds of golf with a couple of buddies (admiral baker and mission trail courses). Looking to meet other local members . Really excited about this sport and the fact that I don’t need to be the fastest, strongest, or most athletic to play and have fun.

Welcome. I too came intot he sport late, last year, at 47. Been a great journey, hope you enjoy it!

welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP! I just played AB North in March. It was a great course. SNA was alright, too, but I enjoyed AB much more.

Back