Major Changes & Forum Downtime Saturday 8/10/19 at 10pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikedean441;n8874815 said:
Im curious as well as I had the 3rd or 4th most "thanks" all time...not that it matters.

Yeah, I'm just wondering how the logic works and if it's working or not. I would figure you'd have a full reputation bar but I don't understand what the software is counting.

Maybe it's only counting the number of likes since it was implemented and not counting past history. :confused2:

Duffer Waldorf;n8874776 said:
The fact that you pulled off a major upgrade and had the new place anything close to resembling the old place in both looks and functionality is a major win, and a lot more than some other places can say recently.

Thank you!

5150;n8874797 said:
Yeah, I appear to be subscribed to many threads that I posted in prior to the upgrade but did not subscribe to.

For some reason that happened when we did the switch. If you go to your user settings and user profile you can unsubscribe really easily, it's just a click.

5150;n8874803 said:
Where can I find the tally of previous thanks (now likes)? I ask because:
  • I've been a member since 2015 with over 2,000 posts and at least a decent amount of thanks, and
  • My reputation bar is at zero
I'm not worried about my reputation bar - instead I'm wondering if that functionality is working correctly.

Been in project management in the software dev space for about, oh, 20 years now, so I tend to take an interest in deployments like this. Cheers!

This system has been completely changed for the new version, we are looking into ways to make it like the old, but not sure it can happen.

Parrot;n8874808 said:
I've scanned the pages and may have have overlooked it but is multi-quote hidden somewhere?

Multi-quote is here, but I won't lie, it sucks. I mentioned this before we even did the switch, but you can only multi-quote from a single page, so if you want to quote posts from 2 pages you can't. To multi quote:

1.). Click the quote for the first post you want to quote. You will be brought to the bottom of the page to the reply box. You will need to go back up to the next post you want to quote.
2.) Go up to the next post you want to quote and click the quote button. Do this for every other post on that single page you want to quote.
3.). In the top left you will see Post Reply (x)<-- this is the number of posts you have quoted, and then click that. This will take you to the bottom reply box again and all your quotes will be there.

GolferGal;n8874896 said:
Thank you!

For some reason that happened when we did the switch. If you go to your user settings and user profile you can unsubscribe really easily, it's just a click.

This system has been completely changed for the new version, we are looking into ways to make it like the old, but not sure it can happen.

Multi-quote is here, but I won't lie, it sucks. I mentioned this before we even did the switch, but you can only multi-quote from a single page, so if you want to quote posts from 2 pages you can't. To multi quote:

1.). Click the quote for the first post you want to quote. You will be brought to the bottom of the page to the reply box. You will need to go back up to the next post you want to quote.
2.) Go up to the next post you want to quote and click the quote button. Do this for every other post on that single page you want to quote.
3.). In the top left you will see Post Reply (x)<-- this is the number of posts you have quoted, and then click that. This will take you to the bottom reply box again and all your quotes will be there.

Many thanks! I saw the post reply but didn't think to click on it.

GolferGal;n8874896 said:

Got it. So I think you're saying that current state reputation bar is not driven by the previous version's thanks or likes, do I have that right?

5150;n8874923 said:
Got it. So I think you're saying that current state reputation bar is not driven by the previous version's thanks or likes, do I have that right?

I honestly have no idea. I actually think it's rated back to the old reputation system we had at the very beginning before we got rid of that and went to the thanks system. It's something we are looking into.

93civiccpe;n8874891 said:
Maybe it's only counting the number of likes since it was implemented and not counting past history. :confused2:

Yeah, I miss my "liked by 93civicpe" !

It was nice to see who liked/ acknowledged your post. Not sure if that is a settings action that needs to be enabled.

SlightDraw;n8874950 said:
Yeah, I miss my "liked by 93civicpe" !

It was nice to see who liked/ acknowledged your post. Not sure if that is a settings action that needs to be enabled.

So far all I have seen are some buggy plugins we can add to get that, so we are still looking.

Thanks for all the hard work !!

Ok update on how the reputation bar works:

The amount of reputation received by a specific like is determined by the Reputation Power of the user giving the like. Users gain Reputation Power by creating posts, liking posts from other users, length of registration and several other factors.

Thanks for all of the updates. Things look great and I am sure will continue to get even better.

GolferGal;n8874976 said:
Ok update on how the reputation bar works:

The amount of reputation received by a specific like is determined by the Reputation Power of the user giving the like. Users gain Reputation Power by creating posts, liking posts from other users, length of registration and several other factors.

Sounds like the sort of thing that will settle out in time and nothing to worry about. It will be a nice feature to have. Thanks for the hard work.. I haven't used Tapatalk all day and the experience is good

This format is a lot easier to navigate once you have the hang of it. I am sure it will take a little while to iron all the bugs out but it has been a valiant effort to this point.

GolferGal;n8874466 said:
Can you provide a screenshot?

Sorry, I didn’t get a screenshot but I copied the text:

”Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.”

If it happens again, I’ll screenshot.

GolferGal here is the screenshot, as promised.

Attachments

• photo35770.png
    photo35770.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
For me at least its a lot easier to read. The light green on the white background was not the best. Very happy. Well done!

Struggling with Tapatalk not working for me. Having THP withdrawals.

mmaynard11;n8876190 said:

Some of Taptalk is working fine, it seems it's just the large threads that are not. Have you tried using the web version? It's not as smooth as a mobile app, but it's a lot better than it used to be. Plus, we should have the mobile app going in less than 2 weeks, we are just waiting on the app stores.

GolferGal;n8876294 said:
Some of Taptalk is working fine, it seems it's just the large threads that are not. Have you tried using the web version? It's not as smooth as a mobile app, but it's a lot better than it used to be. Plus, we should have the mobile app going in less than 2 weeks, we are just waiting on the app stores.
This makes me happy! Canceled my Tapatalk subscription.

Now that I have had a couple days to use the new forum layout, there are things I like and things I don't like about how it works, but that is just my personal opinion based on how the old forum worked (for me)

mmaynard11;n8876190 said:

I posted previously about this - Tapatalk will only load threads with a certain post count in them

Not sure on the exact number but it is somewhere around 2,000 posts that seems to be the limit otherwise I was getting an error message basically saying the server didn't respond in time

GolferGal;n8876294 said:

TheDoctor;n8876348 said:
I posted previously about this - Tapatalk will only load threads with a certain post count in them

Not sure on the exact number but it is somewhere around 2,000 posts that seems to be the limit otherwise I was getting an error message basically saying the server didn't respond in time

I enjoy the web version while on a computer, unfortunately I sit in front a computer all day, so when I’m not working I don’t want to have anything to do with it.

Tapatalk isn’t loading the timeline so I have to go into each category/topic then scroll through to find a topic.

Just a big change that will take some time getting used to. Waiting patiently for the app to launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmaynard11;n8876379 said:
I enjoy the web version while on a computer, unfortunately I sit in front a computer all day, so when I’m not working I don’t want to have anything to do with it.

Tapatalk isn’t loading the timeline so I have to go into each category/topic then scroll through to find a topic.

Just a big change that will take some time getting used to. Waiting patiently for the app to launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant using your browser on your phone, it works a lot better than it used to, but hit will definitely be better with the app. Tapatalk might be a little better now that I closed a bunch of large threads, hopefully that helps until we can get the kinks worked out.

GolferGal;n8876401 said:
I meant using your browser on your phone, it works a lot better than it used to, but hit will definitely be better with the app. Tapatalk might be a little better now that I closed a bunch of large threads, hopefully that helps until we can get the kinks worked out.

It does work much better than it used to for sure. My biggest issue with the web browser is that the user profile in the gray box takes up way too much space and makes it hard to follow. For that reason I still prefer Tapatalk...when it works haha. If the mobile app fixes that I think think it will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back