Usernames, Signature Pics and Avatars

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
This is always fun. Explain your user name and avatar.

I started using "ClairefromClare" on a web site for an Irish protest rock & roll band. Family lore has it we came from County Clare during the great hunger. I eventually learned that's incorrect, but by then it was my username.

Used to have Juli Inkster as my avatar, but the guys at the Frat Party wanted someone better looking. Big surprise there. So this is Helen Alfredsson; I switched to her after she won the Evian.

Smallville.

Big Superman fan since I was a little kid. Clark Kent grew up in Smallville, and Smallville is "supposed to be" in Kansas.

On the new Superman show (aptly named, "Smallville," Lois calls Clark Smallvile - - -I liked that and started using it as my username. The avatar is, or should be, self-explanatory.

Before that any time I needed a username, I used "Good To Go" or some variation of that because I am a NASCAR fan. Good to go means everything's ready, let's go racing!

I explained this in response to another thread but Grogger31 comes from:

My tournament softball team was at a National Championship and I led off for my team. I got in the box and the announcer says:

"Leading off and playing shortstop ... #31 ... Matt [unintelligible]grogger"

He butchered the first part of my last name and "grogger" isn't anywhere near the letters in the rest of my last name.

The guys on my team were all falling off the bench laughing at me. I stepped out of the box and looked up at the guy. He covered the microphone, leaned out of the booth, and said "Sorry about that dude!"

That was 8 years ago and all the guys still call me Grogger.

My avatar:

That is Will Ferrell in a hilarious Saturday Night Live sketch. If you ever hear anybody quoting a line that involves a cowbell, it is probably in reference to the following skit (which you should really watch in it's entirety):

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

If you want to know how I got my name ask Craig Mac...

Mine is my initials and my headcover which is the Limited Edition Ian Poulter

Hey, Helen Alfredsson just won the China Air tourney. :banana: Another reason to keep her as my avatar!

Hey, Helen Alfredsson just won the China Air tourney. :banana: Another reason to keep her as my avatar!

I was wondering when you would notice that. :act-up:

Congrats to Helen! What a great year she's having!

Re: My Username and Avatar - I began using these when LPGA.com had message boards - at least 10 years ago. Seems silly to me now, but it's still accurate (SF is still home) and it still gives folks a chuckle.

Let's see,

907 is the area code for Alaska.

Golfer because I'm...a golfer

12, because that has been my number in all the sports that I have played

Congrats to Helen! What a great year she's having!

Re: My Username and Avatar - I began using these when LPGA.com had message boards - at least 10 years ago. Seems silly to me now, but it's still accurate (SF is still home) and it still gives folks a chuckle.

I was curious until I saw the cable car, and then it just reminded me of the old commercial. Now Im freaking humming it....Thanks.

I was curious until I saw the cable car, and then it just reminded me of the old commercial. Now Im freaking humming it....Thanks.

Sorry! Just call me Rice - most folks do.

Are you actually the San Francisco Treat?

Username - it was given to me. I used to be really into riding mountain bikes long distances, and I always kept gummi bears in my jersey pocket to nibble on while riding to keep up the sugar levels. They all told me I'd turn into one, and eventually I did.

Avatar - The Aardvark, from "The Ant & The Aardvark". Some of you are old enough to remember that cartoon (came on with the Pink Panther and Inspector Clouseau ). He was always trying to outsmart that darned Ant, and had some funny adventures. I feel like the golfball is the Ant sometimes, and I'm the Aardvark. So, OK, there you go...

My username is just golf related. Nothing significant to it. My avatar is Josh Cribbs. He plays for the Cleveland Browns and is the Kick Returner/Wide Reciever. He's one of the better guys on the team and much more down to Earth than everyone else. He hasn't let the fame get to his head.

Well my username is...[insert drum roll here]...my first name

and my avatar is a woman laying on the green, trying to blow her golf ball into the hole...story of my golfing life!!!

Well my username is...[insert drum roll here]...my first name

Oh my god, so is mine! We could be, like, twins! (haha) Although "Julie" is usually taken on forums, so I've gotten in the habit of adding the M which is...:drumroll: my last initial.

My avatar is a little love to my seven iron. I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3.

Wow...I like the Tin Cup Quote.

And to think that when you signed up here, you could have been just "Julie". Because as everyone knows, you are one of a kind.

Back