Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just started golfing last year when visiting my bil in L.A. and he said all innocently " Let's go to the range and see if you can hit a golf ball". Needless to say I was hooked! That night while googling I came upon this site and have been reading it every day since.
A thank you goes out to JB, GGal and, all the other people that work so hard to make this such a welcoming place for us new golfers young and old.

Tim

Welcome Tim, This place is a wonderful play to embrace the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP. And thank you for the kind words.

Turtlerancher;n8875913 said:
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just started golfing last year when visiting my bil in L.A. and he said all innocently " Let's go to the range and see if you can hit a golf ball". Needless to say I was hooked! That night while googling I came upon this site and have been reading it every day since.
A thank you goes out to JB, GGal and, all the other people that work so hard to make this such a welcoming place for us new golfers young and old.

Tim

Welcome to the site! And, welcome to the fine game of golf!

Welcome Tim!

Welcome, Tim. Just joined the forum a few days ago myself.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to golf! Some unsolicited advice from someone who took up golf well past the age when it was easy to build muscle memory: take some lessons early on. I didn't until last year, and could have saved myself a lot of swing tear-downs/re-builds had I just done some early lessons.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I am always open for advice and anything to help me learn. I actually just took my first lesson 2 weeks ago to help get some consistency going in my swing. Already seeing the benefit in dropping scores. Shot my first round in the 80s this past weekend, 89 on a par 71 course and without losing a ball.

Turtlerancher;n8877122 said:
Shot my first round in the 80s this past weekend, 89 on a par 71 course and without losing a ball.

See, now a lot of us hate you. 89 as a beginner??

But in all seriousness, that's an amazing score. Nicely done. The not losing a ball is impressive.

Welcome to THP!

quod erat;n8877151 said:
See, now a lot of us hate you. 89 as a beginner??

But in all seriousness, that's an amazing score. Nicely done. The not losing a ball is impressive.

Thanks. I sure didn't expect this score and was totally shocked when my playing partner asked me to check his math.
I can directly credit this site for that score. Playing smart and focusing on the short game is some great advice I took away from all the lurking and reading here.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to thp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Thank you all for the welcome. The people here have made me feel very welcome and like I have found a long term home to settle into during my golfing journey. Hopefully I don't get evicted! :act-up:

Welcome! I went to graduate school in Concord, NH and golfed a bunch of the courses around there. Never golfed in Maine....yet!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Back