GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS INFORMATION IS NO LONGER VALID - IT IS FOR AN OLDER FORUM SOFTWARE

I just added a new feature to the site where you can quote selected text instead of just the entire post if you prefer. It's super easy:
  1. Select the text you want to quote and click the quote button that appears (see first image below)
  2. Your quote will appear in the reply box. Type what you want in there and then click reply. (see second image below)
  3. See it appear when you click reply. (see third image below)
STEP 1
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 10.43.31 AM.png

STEP 2
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 10.43.46 AM.png

STEP 3
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 10.45.31 AM.png

Last edited:
OK, that is pretty freaking cool.

GolferGal ;n8887001 said:
I just added a new feature to the site where you can quote selected text instead of just the entire post if you prefer. It's super easy:
  1. Select the text you want to quote (see first image below)
  2. Click the quote button that appears (see second image below)
  3. Your quote will appear in the reply box. Type what you want in there and then click reply. (see third image below)

Wow it works : )

Another great upgrade!

Very nice. I hope people use it to limit the walls of quoted text that sometimes occur.

Ok, that's really really cool!!!

Nice!!!

Well, that should save some time...

Why is "JB" shows as "jb" in Step 3 of your initial post?

• Admin
OGputtnfool;n8887055 said:
Well, that should save some time...

Why is "JB" shows as "jb" in Step 3 of your initial post?

It's just how the system translated it I guess. I honestly don't know, but I don't see that as a big deal.

Jman ;n8887008 said:
OK, that is pretty freaking cool.

yeah that works well. The only difference for me from the OP steps was that I had to right click for the quote box to show.

ddec;n8887065 said:
yeah that works well. The only difference for me from the OP steps was that I had to right click for the quote box to show.

That's odd, it just shows up for me using both Safari and Chrome from both my phone and computer. Glad it worked though!

GolferGal;n8887058 said:
It's just how the system translated it I guess. I honestly don't know, but I don't see that as a big deal.

Oh, not a big deal, but it's definitely weird.

JB ;n8887009 said:

Even weirder that it didn't seem to do it to this post...

GolferGal;n8887001 said:
  1. Select the text you want to quote and click the quote button that appears (see first image below)
  2. Your quote will appear in the reply box. Type what you want in there and then click reply. (see second image below)
  3. See it appear when you click reply. (see third image below)
STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

I LOVE IT.....Super Easy!

• Select the text you want to quote and click the quote button that appears (see first image below)
  • Your quote will appear in the reply box. Type what you want in there and then click reply. (see second image below)
  • See it appear when you click reply. (see third image below
Works in safari on iPad!

You do need to give it a second for the quote button to pop up though.

GolferGal ;n8887066 said:
That's odd, it just shows up for me using both Safari and Chrome from both my phone and computer. Glad it worked though!

the more I am using it, the more it is hit and miss for me on whether I need to right click or not. Either way though, I'm happy it works as I think it is a really good feature update for us.

That’s a fantastic upgrade, thank you GG and Ben!

To raise the bar a bit, it seems that the quote in Step 3 change all the capital letters to lower case from Step 2... EXCEPT the ones after periods! :banghead:

ddec ;n8887076 said:
the more I am using it, the more it is hit and miss for me on whether I need to right click or not. Either way though, I'm happy it works as I think it is a really good feature update for us.

Super weird. I have done it about 30 times now and never had to right click. Maybe highlight and hold for a half second? When you release it just pops up.

Excellent!

JB ;n8887086 said:
Super weird. I have done it about 30 times now and never had to right click. Maybe highlight and hold for a half second? When you release it just pops up.

just sent you a video of it. Like I said, it's not a big deal at all. What I'm finding is that if I copy from the end of the post, it doesn't always come up. If I copy from the first letter of the post, it's more reliable.

GolferGal ;n8888144 said:
Wanted to bump this in case people didn't see it yesterday.

Hadn't seen it yesterday. Thanks. :)

Oh, and locations and 'cap are back. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back