Review XCaliber Rapid Taper Iron Shaft Review

this from the Xcaliber website..... Purchase a set of soon-to-be industry changing Xcaliber Xclusiv Irons

Apologies if I missed information on these, but has there been any ?
Its just a quote about the Rapid Tapers. They are available in three weights and flexs.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Its just a quote about the Rapid Tapers. They are available in three weights and flexs.

those tricky little guys from X-caliber getting me all excited for nothing ..... Thinking if they are clever enough to come up with these revolutionary shafts - what might they be able to do with irons !

The PTX Pros have been sort of a test mule head but the latest setup is awesome.
I made up a full set of 95 S shafts that I special ordered in Black with no rings. I wanted a matte but they sent a semi gloss black. They still looks great though.
Right off the bat the thing that always shocks me with the Rapid Tapers is how straight they fly. I really have to work to turn them over or fade them. They just wanna go where you point them.
Greens today were rock hard but these fly high and bite hard.
I need to check spin rates later this week but they REALLY seem to spin. Descent angle is pretty steep as well. I was able to pin hunt all day.
On a par 5 I had 205 left for a second shot. 4 iron hit the front of the green and stopped within 10 feet for a 4' eagle putt.. that I made!
I went Birdie, birdie, bogey, eagle. Made two more birdies but two bogeys the rest of the way.
Can't wait to play again.
Grips btw are a Super Stroke Traxion Tour. Grey digital camo. Nice grip and really inexpensive. 20210621_212437.jpg20210621_212419.jpg20210621_212510.jpg

Crushing these.... these will not be coming apart any time soon. Test mules no more. Staying in the bag. 20210623_192452.jpg

To Popeye: I have the new rapid taper in my irons ( r. 75) I had the spin wedges and loved them so decided to try with irons. ( had the I 60 accura shafts before) What do you think I should notice with these shafts? I played only a couple times with them , so not sure yet. Thanks fir any input.

To Popeye: I have the new rapid taper in my irons ( r. 75) I had the spin wedges and loved them so decided to try with irons. ( had the I 60 accura shafts before) What do you think I should notice with these shafts? I played only a couple times with them , so not sure yet. Thanks fir any input.
If you have them dialed in correctly they should have a nice high launch. You should see a better descent angle as well. If they feel boardy or harsh at all you have them too stiff. They should be very smooth though the ball. As with any new setup check your ball contact with some impact tape or spray on baby powder.

Thanks for input . I do notice the launch And your correct on the descent , when I hit good shots also very straight . How does the tape ( or baby powder ) help with knowing the shafts are dialed up correctly for me? Also how long before hybrid and driver rapid taper shafts appear? Thanks.

Also. You advise swinging easy with these shafts. Is this a characteristic of this shaft vs others? Thanks

Also. You advise swinging easy with these shafts. Is this a characteristic of this shaft vs others? Thanks
How efficient these shaft are at transferring energy has been something I have noticed since day one. Unlike many other shaft and head combinations I have seen great results with an easy swing. It's not to say that they cannot be swung with force or really gone after. But an easy swing is just very efficient.
As for knowing where I am striking the ball on the face of the club. To me that is a very vital part of any club head/shaft combination. The picture below is the latest snap shot of ball contact with an RTi 95/ Hogan PTx Pro head. It speaks volumes about having shaft length and lie dialed in just right. 20210623_192452.jpg.b0143fb69f19cc2adea2a24d645b8af9.jpg

As for a Rapid Taper hybrid shaft, the iron shafts have proven themselves to be excellent in any Hybrid head.
The driver shaft program is being revisited now. There are some prototypes out in play that people love. But it didn't work for everyone. So the drivers are being reworked.
If I tried to take back one of the prototypes from a local player I would have a serious fight on my hands.

Ok and thanks again for input. To hit it where yiu show in the picture . It would seem in addition to lies being correct, you would also have to swing correctly to get that illustration of your shot. Meaning if ones lies are correct , how much goes into swinging correctly? Thanks

Ok and thanks again for input. To hit it where yiu show in the picture . It would seem in addition to lies being correct, you would also have to swing correctly to get that illustration of your shot. Meaning if ones lies are correct , how much goes into swinging correctly? Thanks
Well thats a loaded question. A lot of my golf swing is based on feel. Specifically how the ball feels on contact. I like that marshmallow, I just crushed it feel. Just one look at that photo tells me how well the ball was struck. Part of that equation is getting the swing weight right. Length of club, lie angle, club path, am i keeping enough lag... it all adds up to how well I'm swinging.
That photo shows how well that ball has been compressed. It lets me know that I've got everything just right for how I play.

As for a Rapid Taper hybrid shaft, the iron shafts have proven themselves to be excellent in any Hybrid head.
The driver shaft program is being revisited now. There are some prototypes out in play that people love. But it didn't work for everyone. So the drivers are being reworked.
If I tried to take back one of the prototypes from a local player I would have a serious fight on my hands.

Popeye: I have been using his super lite (45) shafts with my driver for a few years now . They are the best shaft I have ever had in a driver. And same with hybrids

Popeye: I have been using his super lite (45) shafts with my driver for a few years now . They are the best shaft I have ever had in a driver. And same with hybrids
Usually once some one discovers Xcaliber they become customers for a long time. Value and performance just speak for themselves.
The Rapid Tapers will be going to National fitting centers very soon so a lot more people will discover them.

That’s great! Allthough your discussions on thread is among better recreational golfers , I actually think these shafts would be great for all types of golfers seniors, women and high handicappers ( as well as new golfers) could benefit from these shafts. I’m trying to get my fitter (and dealer) tim mosel golf ( in n j ) to become a dealer. He uses mostly wishon shafts and a c c u r a . He had some trouble installing my xcaliber rapid shafts something to do with butt end and shape of shaft and grips But he ended up doing it well. I’m trying to get him in touch with that guy Brian who works with Arthur ( because it’s easier to reach Brian )

That’s great! Allthough your discussions on thread is among better recreational golfers , I actually think these shafts would be great for all types of golfers seniors, women and high handicappers ( as well as new golfers) could benefit from these shafts. I’m trying to get my fitter (and dealer) tim mosel golf ( in n j ) to become a dealer. He uses mostly wishon shafts and a c c u r a . He had some trouble installing my xcaliber rapid shafts something to do with butt end and shape of shaft and grips But he ended up doing it well. I’m trying to get him in touch with that guy Brian who works with Arthur ( because it’s easier to reach Brian )
The cheaper shaft clamps that are simply rubber are not small enough to grip the shaft if that's what he is talking about.... beside that the butt end is just the same as any shaft made today.

The Rapid Tapers are in the 50 Top Callaway Custom fitting centers nationwide. Orders are starting to come in from those shops. So find a fitting center and check them out.

The 105 g version is being drawn out. Probably won't have one to hit for a month or so but a 'Tour Version' needs to be made. Should be very quick to engineer following the pattern set now by the 75, 85, 95. Mandrel will have to be made.
Also a major You Tune channel has the Rapid Tapers on the way for testing and review.
Lots of things happening fast. Callaway coming onboard was huge. Set a bunch of stuff in motion.

The 105 g version is being drawn out. Probably won't have one to hit for a month or so but a 'Tour Version' needs to be made. Should be very quick to engineer following the pattern set now by the 75, 85, 95. Mandrel will have to be made.
Also a major You Tune channel has the Rapid Tapers on the way for testing and review.
Lots of things happening fast. Callaway coming onboard was huge. Set a bunch of stuff in motion.

95 and 105 still intrigue me. What demos do you have available currently, anything in 85/95 regular flex? I'd like to get my dad to try them.

95 and 105 still intrigue me. What demos do you have available currently, anything in 85/95 regular flex? I'd like to get my dad to try them.
I get home Wed and a pile of demos will be returned. I'm sure I have what ever you need.

I get home Wed and a pile of demos will be returned. I'm sure I have what ever you need.

Cool. I'll hit my dad up and make sure he is willing to give them a try soon.

McGolf did a review of the Rapid Tapers.

Today's round illustrates just how much pop the Rapid Tapers have.
On a par 3, I hit two balls. One with a PTM 7i with an Avalon i9 shaft and one with a Hogan PTX Pro 7i with a Rapid Taper 95. The Hogan is 2° weaker. With virtually the same swing between the two the Hogan actually went a foot further and spun back the exact same distance. The mechanical advantage of the geometry with the Rapid Tapers is real. They work. The feeling of release through the vallnis addictive and keep my fade biased swing at bay.
I cant wait for the TXG review as early word is they are having a blast with the shafts. View attachment 902171420210811_143209.jpg

In other news the 105 g variety is well under way with Mandrels being made. Since the 95g version is actually almost 100g the 105g will be closer to 110g.
I cant tell you how many big players have asked for a 105g version.

Back