Tour Edge Exotics Pro 721 Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
When you find something that works, it makes sense to run with it. As a manufacturer, it’s safe to say that Tour Edge has found their something. The C721 lineup has been a massive success garnering accolades from just about every single outlet within the industry. Offering a visible and internal tech that is as deep and impressive as anything out there, and Tour Edge has absolutely brought it. This success is in no small part thanks to the incredibly open lines of communication that the company has with their ever growing stable of PGA Tour Champions players as well as those not on staff but putting the most Tour Edge clubs into Tour play that the company has ever seen.

Last year, this relationship led to what Tour Edge referred to as a “Straight From the Tour Van” release of a new driver, fairway, and hybrid model that were each limited to one thousand pieces. Well, the EXS Pro line was so successful in offering even more dialed in and high-performance designs for the better...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff @Jman . I was wondering when we were going to be hearing more about these! I like that Extreme Heel and Toe Flight Tuning System. Seems like a good way to adjust to a potential miss you might have, and get the FIR up. I really love the C721 driver so I'd be interested to see how it performs side by side with the Pro. Even with a more compact profile, I'm sure the Diamond Face 2.0 does a lot to help retain ball speed across the face. I'd be curious to see how forgiving it is for us average golfers.

The one that really had my attention though is the hybrid. I like the idea of a smaller head size, because right now I enjoy playing long irons, but can't help but wonder how a hybrid would do in that spot, or in addition to what I currently play. I'm sure it's a great club, and adjusting it to play neutral sounds good to me.

Also, any idea when we can get some pictures of that matte? Curious to see how it all blends together!

• Staff
Great stuff @Jman . I was wondering when we were going to be hearing more about these! I like that Extreme Heel and Toe Flight Tuning System. Seems like a good way to adjust to a potential miss you might have, and get the FIR up. I really love the C721 driver so I'd be interested to see how it performs side by side with the Pro. Even with a more compact profile, I'm sure the Diamond Face 2.0 does a lot to help retain ball speed across the face. I'd be curious to see how forgiving it is for us average golfers.

The one that really had my attention though is the hybrid. I like the idea of a smaller head size, because right now I enjoy playing long irons, but can't help but wonder how a hybrid would do in that spot, or in addition to what I currently play. I'm sure it's a great club, and adjusting it to play neutral sounds good to me.

Also, any idea when we can get some pictures of that matte? Curious to see how it all blends together!
I’ve got some smaller pics we got that I can put up here in just a bit. Not the best quality, but will give you an idea.

The thing about the driver, if it really is 400 rpm less than the 721, then we are talking the 1,000’s for most golfers. This one is going to definitely lean towards the faster and stronger swingers of the world.

• Staff
Here you go, again, not the best quality, but a good enough representation. I think the matte looks pretty incredible.

B4E72E7B-B6C2-41F9-BC66-AAFC41EC32EC.jpeg5DB26F9E-31DE-4353-9688-24E0861B3F25.jpeg

I’ve got some smaller pics we got that I can put up here in just a bit. Not the best quality, but will give you an idea.

The thing about the driver, if it really is 400 rpm less than the 721, then we are talking the 1,000’s for most golfers. This one is going to definitely lean towards the faster and stronger swingers of the world.
I had that thought too. The C721 was already low spin, so to reduce it even more was getting to a level that probably wouldn't work for my swing.

• Staff
I had that thought too. The C721 was already low spin, so to reduce it even more was getting to a level that probably wouldn't work for my swing.
Same. But I want to try. :LOL:

I sit at 1900-2100 on the 721, so the math makes me :oops:

Well of course so do I, even when logic tells me otherwise :ROFLMAO:.

• Staff
Well of course so do I, even when logic tells me otherwise :ROFLMAO:.
Now, the 3w’s and David Glod calling them mini drivers as hot as the CBX were makes my ears perk up.

The looks of the EXS Pro are hard to beat! Interested to see what they look like in a matte finish. Great article @Jman!

Are you going to have one for review? I'd love to follow the numbers like with the EXS Pro and the 721 to see if their claims are legit.

Tour Edge is killing it! Great looking club!

Lower spin than the C721 :oops: it might be hard to find a lower spinning head out there right now. Matte finish looks really good too!

Great write up, I really like the description of these clubs and being a matte finish is a big plus. @Jman are you going to be reviewing the driver?

Are you going to have one for review? I'd love to follow the numbers like with the EXS Pro and the 721 to see if their claims are legit.
That’s the plan! And if so I absolutely plan on a head vs head THPTV video!

Great write up, I really like the description of these clubs and being a matte finish is a big plus. @Jman are you going to be reviewing the driver?
We (THP) should be getting one in!

Reactions: MH
That low profile pain and a hot face from the 3W should make it a powerful package. I am gaming the EXS220 and the ball flies off the face on that one... only imagine this will be even better.

More compact, deep face on the driver?

Goooooooooooooo oooooooooooooon!!!!! :love::love:
And if they’re accurate on their assessment, potentially the lowest spinning driver on the entire market.

That low profile pain and a hot face from the 3W should make it a powerful package. I am gaming the EXS220 and the ball flies off the face on that one... only imagine this will be even better.
WAY lower spinning. The 220 was a big departure for them spin wise in fairway woods.

Back