I think golf is a game of control, even if that 'control' is related to power.

When he maxes out, he should expect nothing and hope for the best. It's just NOT the way to win tournaments and it has been proven time and time again.

Totally agree. I remember reading an article by Tiger Woods. In it he said, everyone gets shorter out here. They all bomb it in college then get on tour and start missing cuts and playing bad. Then they dial it back to get control and find success. Bryson went the other way. He found success early but it seem that it may have been fleeting..

Not a good look, glad the Cobra team made their comment.

Swing for the fences doesn't pan out all the time. Age old question, archer or the arrow?

Wait, is he ALSO blaming his equipment for jumpers out of the rough? Man, who knew that the rough gave unreliable spin but the fairway doesn’t - he so smart.

Sure is. Pride comes before the fall. Humility is never a bad thing IMO. No one ever gripes about someone being humble.
Seriously. Even just from a mental health and sports performance aspect. Not giving yourself any room to fail is a hard way to go through life. How are you supposed to let a bad shot/round go if you're busy trying figure out who/what to blame? I effed that up, but I get another shot at it, or another round tomorrow or whatever is a lot easier. Isn't it? Get it out, get it gone, move on.

Man I used to like Bryson but increasingly can’t stand him. Publicly trashing Cobra like that is unacceptable and just comes off as so pathetic especially hearing how hard they work for him.

Good ness, I really hope that Cobra releases a special "Bryson says this driver sucks" edition, and just leans all into this. It would be amazing.

Wow. You've gotta be pretty shameless to do that.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

They're talking about it on Golf Central right now. Discussing that it isn't the first time Bryson has bitten the hand that feeds him.

Good ness, I really hope that Cobra releases a special "Bryson says this driver sucks" edition, and just leans all into this. It would be amazing.

come try the driver this one guy on yelp said is the worst driver he's ever played

Last edited:
The question now is. How big of a fire storm does this cause for cobra? Do the drop him? Of course it is early but let the speculation begin.

If the do. Who is willing to pick him up? I am trying to find the thread @JB started sometime last year about who so cobra’s number one.

Hmmmm. I didn’t take it as the driver itself as much as how he’s hitting driver. As @Canadan said he swings like a lunatic. Mishit are gonna cost ya. Hey here’s a thought from a local hack, dial it back 15 percent!!!:D

He did have another tee box slip. Maybe it’s time for a SQAIRZ partnership, I hear you get more swing speed and yardage with those shoes…

Hmmmm. I didn’t take it as the driver itself as much as how he’s hitting driver. As @Canadan said he swings like a lunatic. Mishit are gonna cost ya. Hey here’s a thought from a local hack, dial it back 15 percent!!!:D
Well he said the driver sucks, then he followed that up with what about the driver he thinks sucks, so...

Wait ... he did play a few practice rounds, right? Did it perform horrible then too? I'm sure he could have called up Cobra & they would have sent him whatever he wanted. For him to blame the club is just an unprofessional thing to do. Just say I had a bad day swinging the driver .... don't call out one of your sponsors, especially to the media. Maybe complain directly to them over the phone, but not on social media, television. etc. :rolleyes:

I am a big Bryson supporter, but sorry you just don't do this.

Sure, you may think the driver face is the issue and maybe the club isn't the best for your game. Well, guess what, you signed a contract to be Cobra's spokesperson. You should not be bashing the driver or the manufacturer. You don't like it, then don't take their money. It's not like that one club is the reason you are not playing well and winning tournaments. You should shut your mouth and just say to the media you had a bad day driving and YOU need to do better to compete in the tournament.

Back