What's your nemesis shot?

Bunker shot, but hitting driver is gaining fast. I can’t hit my speedzone straight to save my life

I also carry a Speedzone driver, and often struggle to hit it straight on the course. Maybe Bryson is onto something when he said his Cobra "driver sucks" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ball well below my feet

Uphill lie ... getting weight forward, making the adjustment.

Don't mine a ball below or above my feet. Put me on a downhill lie and bad things happen.

I thinned the bajeezus out of a downhill lie with a forced carry to an elevated green today, and thought of you guys. In the spirit of this thread I was hoping to make a good showing of it, but I kind of just survived it. 😢

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. I can't hit a ball low to save my life. :(

I am the opposite of you. I hit everything low. There are times when I really wish I had a high ball flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have quite a few, but a couple stick out above the others.

One is anything inside about 65 yards that I can’t chip. 65 is about a half swing gap wedge for me, and I can execute it decently. I can’t seem to figure out how to execute less than a half swing, and I suck with my sand wedge. I suppose the likely solution would be to practice more with my sand wedge.

The other is anything over water. Any amount of water at any distance in front of me is almost a guaranteed water ball. I’ve considered driving around to every hole before my round and pouring some water in each one. I have no idea how to solve this problem. It’s obviously a mental thing, and I don’t know how to change my brain.

I have the mental block about water also. Even on easy holes I somehow find a way to get my ball wet.

Don't mine a ball below or above my feet. Put me on a downhill lie and bad things happen.

That is probably true for most people.

Thin bare lies around the green. I have to figure them out!

At my club hitting the ball low is more valuable than hitting it high. I would like to do both but if I can only do one I prefer being able to hit it lower.
I would love to have a low shot in my arsenal. :(

We are so far away on nemesis misses, I don’t think we can speak the same language.

One is anything inside about 65 yards that I can’t chip. 65 is about a half swing gap wedge for me, and I can execute it decently. I can’t seem to figure out how to execute less than a half swing, and I suck with my sand wedge. I suppose the likely solution would be to practice more with my sand wedge.

I've been working around that myself by opening the wedge face more. Half swings are very reliable for me, quarter swings less so, so I like to lay the face of my wedge open on short pitches and take a half swing with a lot more loft.

A chip/pitch off a hardpan lie when I need to loft it to get it over something. Skull city!

Lately I’d add tee shots where there’s water/trouble left. I try so hard to aim away from it that I set myself up for a big hook. Driver, FW, iron - doesn’t matter, it’s going left.

Literally getting off the tee. It's so frustrating. I'm comfortable with anything else right now except that

Same, how do you do it? I can do a punch like a sweepy putter swing, but every time I wind up and try to "finish low", the ball just balloons and goes into the tree anyway.
SAME. :(

@OldandStiff im not sure the reference of “nemesis” but I meant to say, “near”.

😂

downhill lie hitting to an elevated green (50 ft up on a hill). 150 yards or so.

A chip/pitch off a hardpan lie when I need to loft it to get it over something. Skull city!

Lately I’d add tee shots where there’s water/trouble left. I try so hard to aim away from it that I set myself up for a big hook. Driver, FW, iron - doesn’t matter, it’s going left.

stupid tee shots!!

I can hit a distance 4 no 7i-about 220 or so. That’s my 4i distance (good lord I think!??????). I still suck and am not the official 4.7 that is listed although I played 2.6 strokes under that today. Either good or I suck. Much the amateur plight.

I am just glad I played. I like my new friend so anytime I’m not working on Sunday I’m doing something. Today I went golfing only because I wasn’t invited to her place of worship.

Ha. I’ll take all money bets that thought they would never see that……

Except @OldandStiff

he’s likely called it. He’s very intuitive!

punch outs that have to stay low for a long time

I’ve watched this man play. He’s longer than me by a decent amount.

You’ve been warned!

wedge shots inside 100 yds...fairway lies, light rough, etc...i can't decide if i wanna bump and run or lob a 58*. the 58* is the default.

Back