Bryson said it sucks so I’ll go with that. He must know what he’s talking about right 🤣.

So I have been using the XB as a demo through Global Golf’s UTRY program and it is something I will definitely be buying. I have never hit anything straighter or further. This thing just throws bombs down the middle of the fairway every time (if I line it up right). And as of tonight, this club was part of my arsenal to break 90! I had never broken 100 before this year, but with the XBs help, I came away with an 89!!

So I have been using the XB as a demo through Global Golf’s UTRY program and it is something I will definitely be buying. I have never hit anything straighter or further. This thing just throws bombs down the middle of the fairway every time (if I line it up right). And as of tonight, this club was part of my arsenal to break 90! I had never broken 100 before this year, but with the XBs help, I came away with an 89!!
It is such a weapon and safety blanket all rolled up into one package.

It is such a weapon and safety blanket all rolled up into one package.
It definitely is. It was on hole 17 that I had a topped hook OB because the nerves finally caught up with me. My buddy said he was surprised I pulled driver, but I told him that of all my clubs I felt the most comfortable with the XB because it had just been arrow straight all day. It’s such an odd feeling to be that comfortable with a club that cause the most destruction.

The XB came in. Has its work cut out for it. Since putting the Xtreme in the bag recently I’ve shot my personal best twice (72 +2) and 68 (-2).
After one range sesh with both , same graphite design shaft the Xtreme is slightly harder to turn over. Which is good for me as my miss is the low snap hook. I’ve read where people think the XB is a slightly smaller looking head than the Xtreme. In my measurements they are both 4 1/4” from top line to the rear edge on top. Also the sound to my ear are both very similar.
the biggest difference I see is head weight. The Xtreme is 5g-6g heavier with stock weights. I’ve measured 4 heads now and the Xtreme has always measured 199-200g and The XB 194-195.
AC49774B-7792-47AC-9032-01B5D73F3AF8.jpeg7739B184-44C6-4834-B701-5F0D0FE5A856.jpeg902CE692-C3B8-47A9-AAF4-F13741060EAE.jpeg2D18F48A-CE94-4266-BC8F-9BB043F4133E.jpeg

Last edited:
Honeymoon period is over for finding fairways BUT I’m not missing by much. The carry distance and roll are up from my previous driver. I really like my driver face.

The XB came in. Has its work cut out for it. Since putting the Xtreme in the bag recently I’ve shot my personal best twice (72 +2) and 68 (-2).
After one range sesh with both , same graphite design shaft the Xtreme is slightly harder to turn over. Which is good for me as my miss is the low snap hook. I’ve read where people think the XB is a slightly smaller looking head than the Xtreme. In my measurements they are both 4 1/4” from top line to the rear edge on top. Also the sound to my ear are both very similar.
the biggest difference I see is head weight. The Xtreme is 5g-6g heavier with stock weights. I’ve measured 4 heads now and the Xtreme has always measured 199-200g and The XB 194-195.
View attachment 9017155View attachment 9017156View attachment 9017157View attachment 9017158

can't wait to hear what you experience on course.

The sound the driver makes is lovely compared to previous models.
I still argue the F9 was the best sounding driver Cobra has put out.

I still argue the F9 was the best sounding driver Cobra has put out.
It’s definitely up there with the ZL Encore for sure.

can't wait to hear what you experience on course.
I’m gonna guess based on my range session that there won’t be much in them and will come down to strike. The one thing I’m curious about is how the XB will handle shots I tend to push. with the Xtreme if I get too inside out I hit a push that usually doesn’t draw back. With the Mavrik I played before, it would usually try and come back a bit.
With the Xtreme I always play it +1/D. With the XB +1.0 was the better setting for me.

Honestly I am not sure what is considered good driving accuracy, but my last 3 rounds with the XB are as follows. 9/14, 12/14, 9/14 (arccos data to support this) so I missed 12/42 fairways in 3 rounds, of those 12 misses 8 were in the first cut, and quite a few were mere inches from fairway. 2 were power fades that received favorable bounces and came back into play on first cut, and last one was just a fade, into the fairway, and ball was never found @Wildcat4life can support this, and I dropped in first cut. And one was a miss straight left OB.

My cap has dropped 2 points since introduction of new clubs, which I attribute to driving accuracy. I'm not the longest of hitters so I can't say this is a bomber, but for me and playing desert golf, I always look for a driver with low spin and long roll out. The XB delivers both when paired with the Matore F1 shaft.

Honestly I am not sure what is considered good driving accuracy, but my last 3 rounds with the XB are as follows. 9/14, 12/14, 9/14 (arccos data to support this) so I missed 12/42 fairways in 3 rounds, of those 12 misses 8 were in the first cut, and quite a few were mere inches from fairway. 2 were power fades that received favorable bounces and came back into play on first cut, and last one was just a fade, into the fairway, and ball was never found @Wildcat4life can support this, and I dropped in first cut. And one was a miss straight left OB.

My cap has dropped 2 points since introduction of new clubs, which I attribute to driving accuracy. I'm not the longest of hitters so I can't say this is a bomber, but for me and playing desert golf, I always look for a driver with low spin and long roll out. The XB delivers both when paired with the Matore F1 shaft.
The XB just has a nice combo of forgiveness and distance. It also seems to be a very neutral setup as well. Mid launch, mid spin, not biased in either direction. It outputs about as much as I could imagine getting from the swings I input with it.

RadSpeed XB came in this weekend and it's in the bag for this Friday's round. I don't know that my Max LS will be beat though, but we will see. Threw an extra ShotScope sensor in the bag to use so I can get some real time data. It has some big shoes to fill for sure!

Sure am liking my RadSpeed XB. Love the sound and feel 761F1BAD-E88E-4B24-9169-1A43595965D6.png

Sure am liking my RadSpeed XB. Love the sound and feel
Same here, I don't have your distance but this has been a fairway finder for me if I can get my swing back.
Screenshot_20210719-082657.jpg

I would call that pretty solid accuracy there. For me, while I love to hit fairways on most of the courses I play, the rough is not all that penal, so its more about picking a spot and hitting it close to where you wanted it to go. I had one of my best scoring rounds ever recently and only hit a few fairways but the ball after my drives was never really out of shape. The key for me is to not hit OB and not have to punch out or under trees.

RadSpeed XB came in this weekend and it's in the bag for this Friday's round. I don't know that my Max LS will be beat though, but we will see. Threw an extra ShotScope sensor in the bag to use so I can get some real time data. It has some big shoes to fill for sure!
Still trying to decide if I need to get a different shaft for it to truly go head to head. My Max LS has the MCA MMT 60x, which is low spin/mid launch and the RadSpeed XB has the PX RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.0, which is also a low spin/mid launch profile, but the flex is different. In my past experience with PX Smoke shafts, they feel a little stiffer than the flex listed on the shaft, but not sure yet as I haven't gotten the RadSpeed to the course. I will find out Friday and see how she does. The other thing I'm wondering about to give this a true head to head is the lofts. I have my Max LS 9* set to -1/D, with the weight all the way in the heel. I moved the RadSpeed XB 10.5 to the -1.5/D setting, so we will see. Here are some photos side by side for comparison. On initial look, the RadSpeed XB head looks more elongated, even though they are both 460 cc and it also has a shorter face from sole to crown. Shape of the driver and face are very similar though. I love my Max LS, but I really like the look of the RadSpeed XB overall and looking down at it as I stand over it. I will say, the RadSpeed XB has some huge shoes to fill. I'm wondering if I can find another MMT 60x shaft and put a Cobra adapter on it or even a Rogue White 60x (one other shaft I was fit into at my fitting when I purchased the Max LS), how much a difference it would make in the driver itself.
7BE60BF3-14FF-4F30-8B3D-1213EE988342.jpeg4590C01A-5DB4-4BFB-9480-3EE877FE8199.jpeg22A839C2-A57B-452E-B09A-950BE67F3FA5.jpeg

Still trying to decide if I need to get a different shaft for it to truly go head to head. My Max LS has the MCA MMT 60x, which is low spin/mid launch and the RadSpeed XB has the PX RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.0, which is also a low spin/mid launch profile, but the flex is different. In my past experience with PX Smoke shafts, they feel a little stiffer than the flex listed on the shaft, but not sure yet as I haven't gotten the RadSpeed to the course. I will find out Friday and see how she does. The other thing I'm wondering about to give this a true head to head is the lofts. I have my Max LS 9* set to -1/D, with the weight all the way in the heel. I moved the RadSpeed XB 10.5 to the -1.5/D setting, so we will see. Here are some photos side by side for comparison. On initial look, the RadSpeed XB head looks more elongated, even though they are both 460 cc and it also has a shorter face from sole to crown. Shape of the driver and face are very similar though. I love my Max LS, but I really like the look of the RadSpeed XB overall and looking down at it as I stand over it. I will say, the RadSpeed XB has some huge shoes to fill. I'm wondering if I can find another MMT 60x shaft and put a Cobra adapter on it or even a Rogue White 60x (one other shaft I was fit into at my fitting when I purchased the Max LS), how much a difference it would make in the driver itself.
View attachment 9017579View attachment 9017580View attachment 9017581
The Blue is the same profile as the old Yellow. It's got some flex in the middle of the shaft. It's a controlled flex, but it is not the rebar feel of the Smoke Black.

The Blue is the same profile as the old Yellow. It's got some flex in the middle of the shaft. It's a controlled flex, but it is not the rebar feel of the Smoke Black.
The Smoke Black is the shaft I had in my Taylormade M1. I haven't played the Yellow. My MMT has flex in the middle and controlled as well, but like I said the MMT is X-Flex and the RDX is Stiff, so not sure how they will compare. Not all shafts are created equal and some may say S, but feel stiffer or say X and feel softer if that makes sense. I know my MMT doesn't feel overly stiff even though it's an X.

The Smoke Black is the shaft I had in my Taylormade M1. I haven't played the Yellow. My MMT has flex in the middle and controlled as well, but like I said the MMT is X-Flex and the RDX is Stiff, so not sure how they will compare. Not all shafts are created equal and some may say S, but feel stiffer or say X and feel softer if that makes sense. I know my MMT doesn't feel overly stiff even though it's an X.
I would say the biggest thing you might notice is the slight counterbalancing. Just makes it a little easier to turn over.

I’ve had the Rad back in the bag while working on the review for the new ACCRA line, and I forgot how firm feeling the driver is overall. I also forgot how freaking low spinning it is for me. Still a little more fadey than I’m comfortable with, but not as much with the past couple models imo. Remains just a really fun driver.

I would say the biggest thing you might notice is the slight counterbalancing. Just makes it a little easier to turn over.
I think the MMT is counterbalanced as well. I may be wrong though...

I’ve had the Rad back in the bag while working on the review for the new ACCRA line, and I forgot how firm feeling the driver is overall. I also forgot how freaking low spinning it is for me. Still a little more fadey than I’m comfortable with, but not as much with the past couple models imo. Remains just a really fun driver.
Do you have the regular Rad? I thought about it because of the B21, but I think the XB might be the same low spin as the B21. I would imagine the regular RAD is ultra low spin. I don't think I could control that.

Do you have the regular Rad? I thought about it because of the B21, but I think the XB might be the same low spin as the B21. I would imagine the regular RAD is ultra low spin. I don't think I could control that.
Yessir, the regular Rad. I just preferred the shape when I got to see both in the THP Club Lab

It’s low. Not C721 low, but low, ESPECIALLY heavy forward.

So looking at both shafts online and their profiles, the RDX is low spin/low launch in the 60 6.0 (Stiff) and the MMT 60x is low spin/mid launch. Torque is almost identical. I also read that the RDX plays a little stiffer than what reads on the shaft, so it may work out. Overall weight of the MMT is a tad heavier than the PX, but don't think it's enough to make that big of a difference. We will see though. Thoughts?

1626782447905.png
1626782489549.png

Back