Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putter Preview

Not bad looking but have to agree, could have left the stripes off the face for sure.

Not feeling them to be honest.

I think they look really good except for the insert. It may be great, but it looks terrible to me.

Wow - I am a bigger fan of mallets but those blades look amazing and I love the idea of the copper insert.

The price-tag is the most impressive thing to me about these putters. Not hating, but that’s steep!

Really enjoyed this article @Jman as I know its one of my favorite designs they have done in recent years.

The Button Back market is straight up kookydooks right now.

Kookydooks is maybe the best word I have heard in a while.. LOL!!

Kookydooks is maybe the best word I have heard in a while.. LOL!!
Thanks, Maui. It really is though.

Like many things, I wish I'd sat on mine for an extra couple years. 600 to 1,500 in a flash.

I kmow a lot like Scotty Cameron, these just dont really excite me. They look decent, and i am sure are good putters, but i am indifferent by looking at them. At that price point i wouldnt even take the time to seek out trying to hit one. I am sure they will still sell a ton of em.

Last edited:
The Button Back market is straight up kookydooks right now.

kookydooks? Please define and use in a sentence. 😂. I want to know so that I can incorporate it into my vocabulary.

I've already got a call in to the pro shop to get one on order. MUST have for me. I have been dying to find a Teryllium face for somewhat reasonable cost. I get that they might not be for everyone, but I am in LOVE with them :love:

Impressive! I like the Newport BB II.

kookydooks? Please define and use in a sentence. 😂. I want to know so that I can incorporate it into my vocabulary.
haha, it's from the kids movie "Moana" and it means crazy.

Last edited:
I actually really like the total package here, I'd be interesting in giving the newport 2 a roll or two

I still have my old button back from yesteryear. This is nice reintroduction of it. But that $600 price .... so thumbs down 👎

I’m not in love with the looks of these. It’s a shame - I do love the button back.

Nice looking but waaaay over priced.

mmm those look tasty, really like the look of the 5.5

I like the look of the red white & blue button back, but it's typical Scotty - way overpriced for what you get, unless you just have to have the name in your bag.

Unmmmm, I think maybe he ran out of ideas and tried to go back to a tried and true -Button Back.
Nothing earth shattering here, and the price - Nah HARD PASS

release date is aug 6, but i think my putter will come in this week. i went with the newport 2. its going to replace my squareback 2.

Really enjoyed this article @Jman as I know its one of my favorite designs they have done in recent years.
Thank you! Yup, I’m a sucker for a button back, that copper :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Back