Off Course: Golf Carts, Bryson and Grand Slams

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today JB joins the show to discuss Bryson’s driver and more.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but JB joins the show to discuss the the Bryson drama, retiring to a golf community and more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as forum leader JB joins the show to go Off Course.

Episode 66 is here and Dan and JB discuss the following topics.

The Bryson Drama
Gas vs Electric Golf Carts
The Villages Golf Carts
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Continue reading...

Thanks to @Canadan for having me on the show this week. Had a great time chatting about pretty much everything.

Thanks to @Canadan for having me on the show this week. Had a great time chatting about pretty much everything.
Seems like every time I get you on the show, I go 'off the menu' for at least the first half of it hahaha

"Back in my day" social media take out of the gate.

Cannot. Agree. More. :yellsatcloud:

Fun show. I enjoy the shows that are very meandering.

My take on your points.

1. Bryson "public" apology was weak. @JB made a good point that we don't know what happened behind closed doors between him and cobra. But the public version was weak and was not really an apology. He simply said he "regretted" what was said.
2. I want a golf cart that goes 25 miles an hour.
3. I agree I think Rahm has the best over all skill set to reach a career grand slam first of any players that you could reasonably think will do it.
4. Tiger is the worst interview in golf. Ever.. Never anything interesting to say..
5. I cant wait to meet you two and everyone else next week. Win, lose, or draw, I am soooooo hyped!

Fun show. I enjoy the shows that are very meandering.

My take on your points.

1. Bryson "public" apology was weak. @JB made a good point that we don't know what happened behind closed doors between him and cobra. But the public version was weak and was not really an apology. He simply said he "regretted" what was said.
2. I want a golf cart that goes 25 miles an hour.
3. I agree I think Rahm has the best over all skill set to reach a career grand slam first of any players that you could reasonably think will do it.
4. Tiger is the worst interview in golf. Ever.. Never anything interesting to say..
5. I cant wait to meet you two and everyone else next week. Win, lose, or draw, I am soooooo hyped!
How about 30 mph :D

Morikawa winning 2 majors his first 2 tries is quite the feat. If he putts like he did last week he may get there before Rahm or Spieth. Consistency is hard to beat.

@jmix18 and I are listening to the podcast on our way to Chicago. @JB in regards to Tiger’s driver woahs, I heard people say hit the 3 wood stinger off the tee quite a bit. Did you hear that ever?

@jmix18 and I are listening to the podcast on our way to Chicago. @JB in regards to Tiger’s driver woahs, I heard people say hit the 3 wood stinger off the tee quite a bit. Did you hear that ever?
Absolutely. But nobody ever said he should change his driver head or shaft.

Absolutely. But nobody ever said he should change his driver head or shaft.
I said he should go back to the steel shaft! 😂😂😂 I am a golf sicko tho!

Well done gents!! Always a good Convo. I missed last week. Need to check out the @jdtox episode

I have a good excuse. We left for church camp that morning with our youth and we're there till Tuesday. Been digging out since then. I am listening now though.

Great show. I loved the "move your wife's car out of the garage".
I live in a community that a lot of people use golf carts around town....including us.
I have a 3-1/2 car garage with no cars in it.
2 jet ski's on a double wide trailer
1 golf cart trailer
1 golf cart

Stuck through to the end of this one.

Though I doubt I will retire to a golf community the use of golf carts is high on my list.

Reactions: JB
@JB , I was listening past the point that you did not think anyone would still be.
I always enjoy the REAL “off course”

@JB , I was listening past the point that you did not think anyone would still be.
I always enjoy the REAL “off course”
Thanks for listening. I had a great time on the show this week.

As always a great show. I was a day late listening. I know a few people that live at the villages. Sounds like the stories you left out actually take place.

As always a great show. I was a day late listening. I know a few people that live at the villages. Sounds like the stories you left out actually take place.

True Story about the Villages. Ask any younger age person about the place, and the first thing they say is STD capital blah blah blah, right? Its actually completely untrue. It has never been true. It was based off of some doctor saying she treated more there than in her practice in Miami and then the NY Times, Washington Post and others ran with a fabrication. Does it have some underbelly stuff? Absolutely. With 150k residents in just 30 square miles or so, that is bound to happen. But that one, which is the first thing people think about when they hear the Villages is just 100% false and always has been.

True Story about the Villages. Ask any younger age person about the place, and the first thing they say is STD capital blah blah blah, right? Its actually completely untrue. It has never been true. It was based off of some doctor saying she treated more there than in her practice in Miami and then the NY Times, Washington Post and others ran with a fabrication. Does it have some underbelly stuff? Absolutely. With 150k residents in just 30 square miles or so, that is bound to happen. But that one, which is the first thing people think about when they hear the Villages is just 100% false and always has been.
I’m sure it’s not wide spread. Our friends tell a few stories of what goes on.

Back