TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

Performance wise how do the compare to the TCB’s? I really liked the p760’s and would totally pick up another of of them and if the MC’s play similar I know I would like them. They do look better than the 760’s
Hmm. Peformance against P760 is tough. I've never had them shafted the same and it's been a bit on the P760 for me. I really liked them, and was hoping the 770 would be a more direct replacement, instead of the route they went. I think performance wise the MC's would be fairly similar in the mid to short. 760, T100, JPX Tour ish, but better feel. The difference is in the long irons. 760/T100 would diverge quickly on size, tech, and forgiveness. The P7MC's have a more traditional lack of progression there, like .. 620 CB? They're skinny in the long irons. I've never been shy about cautioning people there, and I'm sure that's why the sets aren't as popular, because it makes sense for most to combo, and the combo is 770. I play them through the 5i. I like a spicy 4, but I also have blades with wider soles in the 5 and 4 than the MC's. And the TCB's definitely have a bigger cavity than the MC's in the long irons. And then I think there's a little more meat in the MC's as you get to the shorts, but they're both really compact.

20210719_215844.jpg20210719_220430.jpg

Performance against the TCB runs in to the same problem. No direct comparison. Both have distances for me typical to their lofts, good spin, etc. Forgiveness.. probably similar. Most who've tried my TCB's haven't found them overly easy. I have heavier and different shafts (KBS Tours) in my MC's. I think I might do an MC re-shaft to really compare. I was thinking about it today before you asked. I have a hunch they're going to be quite similar. I'm curious if the MC's will actually launch a touch lower in the long and short irons though, with all things being equal.

Last edited:

New today talking about Colin's change. Probably shows why love them, like I do ZX7, too. Quick in and out suits me and some tight courses here. Short irons are no great challenge compared to the long though.

Screenshot_20210720-102103_YouTube.jpg

Looks bladey, feels more towards one, definitely NOT a blade. You can hear how good they feel on the first couple he hits with the MC's.

20210723_101643.jpg

Shafted to match my TCB's. Let's do this!!

Isn't the wedges..

Heh .... I have the 410 version of that hybrid. It plays better than my Titleist hybrids, so, in the bag it goes. Only Ping club I've carried since the Eye 2s.

Time to revolve this thread…. Putting these bad boys in to play this weekend!! Haven’t hit them so not sure what to expect. I was wanting some extra forgiveness and decided no more blades

B90AE163-DDAD-4F28-9009-EBE0F2B9DE14.jpegABD2E286-F660-4409-80A1-35FAF1D8736F.jpeg37492E0D-84F0-41A0-AF29-0CF5A9976D49.jpeg

Big change. They look GREAT. 👍 I assume you tested some 770s before buying?
Like most of my other iron purchases, Nope, complete blind buy lol

Like most of my other iron purchases, Nope, complete blind buy lol

Haha

They will definitely be more forgiving. I'll let you get your own feels for them, but I will add this - despite what some people seem to think if them, they were good enough for me take down a pro in a match with them when I had them, so they get a thumbs up from me.

Look damn good behind the ball!! And first shot centered

instant winner for me

2831EBC0-EBAF-438A-86EF-D60825B19B07.jpegA1904E05-8A22-4DF1-9A54-9054ADDD5B03.jpeg

Haha

They will definitely be more forgiving. I'll let you get your own feels for them, but I will add this - despite what some people seem to think if them, they were good enough for me take down a pro in a match with them when I had them, so they get a thumbs up from me.

Just finished up a quick session and I’m very happy with what I saw. Very easy to hit and not much lateral movement

770’s definitely don’t feel as good or soft as my forged blades but that was expected. They feel good overall and flights were very consistent

I still play my P7MCs some, but it looks like I haven't mentioned them in a long time.

I took them out today in the ongoing search for a set of mine that basically begs me to sell it.

These are determined to not be that set. Lol

It was tough out there today with a wind that would be 1 into and across to 3 into to 1 with and 2 across in any given moment. They're reeeeally good though. I had one little miss on the toe that still turned out pretty well, and calculated the wind won't a few times, but everything else was just so delicious. I love these clubs. Compact, solid, extremely controllable. They're blades with forgiveness. And they reminded me why they've been on my favorites list for as long as they have.

And I'm swinging a little differently than last time I played them thanks to a back issue, so it was really interesting to see how I handled them and vice versa. Lots of really good ones out there today.

Hard to stick shots like this that set you up for easy eagles and then go sell them..

I forget how much I like those feels.. :(

Back