2021 Titleist T-Series Irons Hit Tour

I hit all 3…. T200, T100, T100S

Thoughts? Particularly the T200 :D

I think they will be the star of the show for most.

NOTE: I only hit 7 irons here. I hit into a hitting bay on a Foresight LM (not the GC Quad). I played this am, so I’m well warmed up, but did pull my neck out a fair bit off the dang first tee.
Anywhoo….

I was very pleasantly surprised to look down on the T200 in the address position. Not too much offset and a very solid “players” appearance. The feel was the shocker. The ball fires off the face and felt so soft and smooth. It surprised me. Not sure how I personally would feel about this in my shorter clubs, but I could see myself going 4 and 5 now.

T100S: I could be insane, but the head looks ever so slightly smaller than the T100. Couod be the slightly lower loft tricking my eye, but I swear it looks a bit smaller. This thing hit bombs. I was hitting the 7 iron around 185 carry and in the 190s total. If that were the case, thats prob not something I want for my game. The spin was clearly lower than the T100. As for feel, these reminded me so much of the 2019 Cally Apex Pro. It had that sound/ lfeel those had. Which I think me likes. Not sure I need the added distance though.

T100: Felt great. Like a typical forged players iron. On the softer, mushier side. Like the ball sips its coffee on the face for a moment before taking off. The spin was clearly higher here but I was carrying in that high 170, low 180 territory. Which is prob where I should live.

In summary…..dont know how I plan to approach my next iron purchase. I wanna see the new MP lineup perhaps. At this moment, thinking maybe I’d do something like the T200 in 4, 5 (maybe a degree or two weak) and the T100 6 to PW. 🤷‍♂️

This is the T200. I nearly wrote it off looking at the sole size, but it looks great at address.

A0BE5FBB-F4FC-4D28-9458-EA2657C5280A.jpeg0BBE2B47-C8FB-44D1-8B6C-3FA9E26AD952.jpeg

NOTE: I only hit 7 irons here. I hit into a hitting bay on a Foresight LM (not the GC Quad). I played this am, so I’m well warmed up, but did pull my neck out a fair bit off the dang first tee.
Anywhoo….

I was very pleasantly surprised to look down on the T200 in the address position. Not too much offset and a very solid “players” appearance. The feel was the shocker. The ball fires off the face and felt so soft and smooth. It surprised me. Not sure how I personally would feel about this in my shorter clubs, but I could see myself going 4 and 5 now.

T100S: I could be insane, but the head looks ever so slightly smaller than the T100. Couod be the slightly lower loft tricking my eye, but I swear it looks a bit smaller. This thing hit bombs. I was hitting the 7 iron around 185 carry and in the 190s total. If that were the case, thats prob not something I want for my game. The spin was clearly lower than the T100. As for feel, these reminded me so much of the 2019 Cally Apex Pro. It had that sound/ lfeel those had. Which I think me likes. Not sure I need the added distance though.

T100: Felt great. Like a typical forged players iron. On the softer, mushier side. Like the ball sips its coffee on the face for a moment before taking off. The spin was clearly higher here but I was carrying in that high 170, low 180 territory. Which is prob where I should live.

In summary…..dont know how I plan to approach my next iron purchase. I wanna see the new MP lineup perhaps. At this moment, thinking maybe I’d do something like the T200 in 4, 5 (maybe a degree or two weak) and the T100 6 to PW. 🤷‍♂️

This is the T200. I nearly wrote it off looking at the sole size, but it looks great at address.

View attachment 9018447View attachment 9018446
Do you remember your carry numbers on the t200 ?

Do you remember your carry numbers on the t200 ?

The feel of the T200, compared to the T100S was pretty significantly softer feeling and the sound off the face was different. Like a sharper, faster sound. Both are hot clubs.

I hit all clubs with the same shaft ($taper) and hit about 7 balls with each. I also tried the T100 and T100S with the Ctaper just to see.

The launch with the T100 and T100S were about the same, 17 degrees. The spin was about 400 less with the T100S, but dont quote me there. The monitor had me kinda roasting the T100S. Tempting….that distance.

I may try and get a formal fitting before making any moves.

The feel of the T200, compared to the T100S was pretty significantly softer feeling and the sound off the face was different. Like a sharper, faster sound. Both are hot clubs.

I hit all clubs with the same shaft ($taper) and hit about 7 balls with each. I also tried the T100 and T100S with the Ctaper just to see.

The launch with the T100 and T100S were about the same, 17 degrees. The spin was about 400 less with the T100S, but dont quote me there. The monitor had me kinda roasting the T100S. Tempting….that distance.

I may try and get a formal fitting before making any moves.
Thanks.
Really liking the look of the t100 and t100s from the pictures, but I'm afraid of the size. Nobody around me even has the current line in stock to look at, so I'll have to wait for these to launch.
I'll probably end up with the t200 I imagine. Maybe.
The t100s looks so good.

Thanks.
Really liking the look of the t100 and t100s from the pictures, but I'm afraid of the size. Nobody around me even has the current line in stock to look at, so I'll have to wait for these to launch.
I'll probably end up with the t200 I imagine. Maybe.
The t100s looks so good.
I think you may be pleasantly surprised (as I was) with the address position of the T200. The healthy sized sole made me a little skeptical. At any rate, YMMV as always. Always best to get fit if you can, and come to your own conclusions.

If I may, just wanted to reiterate that I was hitting indoors in a bay, so my sound/feel comments could vary if/when I get to hit outdoors. I always find indoor acoustics are not the same as outdoors off turf.

Anywhoo….

View attachment 9018447View attachment 9018446
Thank you! Great summary and much appreciated.

I'm more excited than I should be for the T200 haha. Can't wait to test them.

Good stuff @DNice26 . Love the feel description! Lol I'll have a cartoon version of that in my head for a while.

The new T100 and T100s irons are very interesting. I hit both. Both very solid. The leading edge of the iron has a bit of a strange look to me. It looks curved to me. Like a leading edge a wedge.

but I think the T100s is a very solid feeling club.
For comparison. You can tell there is something additional going on under the hood of the “S”.

it is not just the same club bent stronger.

2BA6182F-6819-4EE4-B000-4629C5F5256E.jpeg9DDC6D9E-A7C8-43F7-B363-3F1473DF5788.jpeg62836162-3DF5-4134-944E-072856995857.jpeg

The new T100 and T100s irons are very interesting. I hit both. Both very solid. The leading edge of the iron has a bit of a strange look to me. It looks curved to me. Like a leading edge a wedge.

but I think the T100s is a very solid feeling club.
For comparison. You can tell there is something additional going on under the hood of the “S”.

it is not just the same club bent stronger.

View attachment 9018596View attachment 9018597View attachment 9018598

Ohhh.... I hadn't looked close enough to see that little channel in the T100S. Interesting. Totally agree, they do sound/feel different and not in a bad way to me.

Really really REALLY can’t wait to discuss these with you all.

Does anyone know if the new project x LS (low spin) model will be an option in the new lineup?

Just spoke to my local head pro about these.
He recently played in the US Sr Open. He missed the cut, but a very solid player. He isn’t a club nerd, but always gets the new stuff this time of the year.
He ordered a FULL set of the T200. Which kinda surprises me. I know he struggles with launch like me, but I was surprised he went full set. He currently plays the T100 combo with a T200 4 and maybe 5. Not totally sure. Anyway, interesting that we went full T200. Makes me think that if I order some, I should add a few more T200 to the mix. Combo ponders aplenty.

Back