Official Rant of the Day

Some loser is flying his drone and peeking in the rooms at our hotel. It's only 6 stories but it's so obvious what he is doing. Guess he didn't get to see what he wanted (naked women) so he moved to the hotel next to us. I need my 12 Guage.

Some loser is flying his drone and peeking in the rooms at our hotel. It's only 6 stories but it's so obvious what he is doing. Guess he didn't get to see what he wanted (naked women) so he moved to the hotel next to us. I need my 12 Guage.

You should have stripped down and gone on the balcony for him.

We’ve had a beach trip planned for months and got here yesterday afternoon. I started feeling like I had a sinus infection starting when were driving down. Overnight, I developed a cough and started running fever.

At the doc in the box, I learned I had won the COVID lottery. F me.

We’ve had a beach trip planned for months and got here yesterday afternoon. I started feeling like I had a sinus infection starting when were driving down. Overnight, I developed a cough and started running fever.

feel better @Parrot that is a bummer

We have a big community vote coming up Aug 3 to change some zoning regulations. We are one of the most desirable places to live in the area full of 100+ year old homes. A bunch of idiots believe that by changing some zoning that builders are suddenly going to put up "affordable" housing... Why would any builder put up a property at less than $150 per square foot for new construction when they can use a little more "higher end" finishes and sell for $250+ per square foot and have buyers lined up to get into one? Our idiot bleeding heart community doesn't have common sense.

After riding today stopped in Trek to look at new tires.

The person asked to bring in the bike and after looking at it for a second he says “oh my god, never turn your front wheel around like that!” My wife had the front tire handle bars doing a 180. He scolded her for poor care of her bike. 😂

Now that is someone that is serious about biking.

Sorry to hear. Feel better

Still haven’t started packing. 😕

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better.

Quick update on the various shipping services.

Again, the clubs from Tokyo - days before the olympics delivered (on time) to me on the east coast of the US.
USPS from CA (priority mail), delayed, sent same day as the above package. Go figure.
FedEx from Wisconsin, supposed to arrive on Friday, no, then Saturday, no, then yesterday, NO! Now it says maybe delayed - yet it's on the truck for delivery (and that station is about 5 miles away - been there since 3AM Sunday, but now may be delayed.
And finally snail's pace UPS - out for delivery, no updates to movement from pick up (last Tuesday, in CA), but was promised today, and should be delivered today.

I don't plan to update this any more (not with these packages!), but wow, UPS - delivers on time (albeit slowly and with no movement updates), USPS is unreliable, and FedEx (ground) is the absolute worst product in the industry. Going forward, I will not purchase from shippers who send FedEx ground either they will upgrade the service or I will find an alternate seller. My bad this time, I bought from Amazon, but I did not pay my usual attention (could not sleep so browed Amazon) thought I was buying from Amazon, was a third party - and I paid a hefty sum for this package to arrive late!

Front 9 at Blue Springs Country Club with Mrs. Reject, 90 minutes. Back nine 3 HOURS........seemed longer

Again, the clubs from Tokyo - days before the olympics delivered (on time) to me on the east coast of the US.
USPS from CA (priority mail), delayed, sent same day as the above package. Go figure.
FedEx from Wisconsin, supposed to arrive on Friday, no, then Saturday, no, then yesterday, NO! Now it says maybe delayed - yet it's on the truck for delivery (and that station is about 5 miles away - been there since 3AM Sunday, but now may be delayed.
And finally snail's pace UPS - out for delivery, no updates to movement from pick up (last Tuesday, in CA), but was promised today, and should be delivered today.

I don't plan to update this any more (not with these packages!), but wow, UPS - delivers on time (albeit slowly and with no movement updates), USPS is unreliable, and FedEx (ground) is the absolute worst product in the industry. Going forward, I will not purchase from shippers who send FedEx ground either they will upgrade the service or I will find an alternate seller. My bad this time, I bought from Amazon, but I did not pay my usual attention (could not sleep so browed Amazon) thought I was buying from Amazon, was a third party - and I paid a hefty sum for this package to arrive late!

And THAT right there sounds like s business opportunity if ever I heard one. Reliable package delivery. "Faster than UPS. More caring than USPS.":ROFLMAO:

Finished my 2020 taxes this morning after filing an extension in May. Looking forward to being a full-time FL resident in '21!!! I'll still spend summers in the Land of 10,000 taxes for a few more years.

We have a big community vote coming up Aug 3 to change some zoning regulations. We are one of the most desirable places to live in the area full of 100+ year old homes. A bunch of idiots believe that by changing some zoning that builders are suddenly going to put up "affordable" housing... Why would any builder put up a property at less than $150 per square foot for new construction when they can use a little more "higher end" finishes and sell for $250+ per square foot and have buyers lined up to get into one? Our idiot bleeding heart community doesn't have common sense.

it's probably not possible to say this without any politics, but it's situations like yours that drive me nuts. i live in orlando, and there are pockets that are very expensive. and there are pockets within those pockets that can be stupid expensive. but it's not like if you want to live in orlando, it's one of these pockets or gtfo. there is TONS of housing, and for much less money. it's just not in the most sought-after areas of town.

i just don't understand the concept that ALL housing must be affordable. there is always SOME housing that's affordable, but you have to give something up. quality of life may suffer due to daily commute. you may not have access to as nice of a school. you may not be on a lake. etc. but this concept that affordable housing is gone is just false.

Our town has had these debates for over a decade. At a workshop for town officials, someone noted that townhomes in an older section of town qualified as affordable housing. Our town attorney said, "Yes, but there aren't enough of them."

I said, "There are EXACTLY enough of them. It's where supply meets demand. If nobody's buying, prices will fall. If everybody's buying, prices will rise, and more builders will build because that's where the demand is." Most of the development in our town occurs in Planned Development Districts (PDDs) enabled by Town legislation. A favorite clause in a lot of PDD legislation is the "lot bonus" which allows a developer to increase the overall density of a development if it includes afforadale housing. That and the "New Urbanism" - 100 homes on 100 acres, with 80% green (undeveloped) space. Meh.

Can we do the "free shipping" of books for students to a remote campus again?
Ummm. Who pays for it.
No one, it is free.
No. Who is paying for it?
Well last year, you shipped them out if a parcel was going to that site, just piggy backed it.
Oh. Ok. So you are paying for it then.
No, its free.
No. If it came to you attached to another shipment, YOU PAID FOR IT.

it's probably not possible to say this without any politics, but it's situations like yours that drive me nuts. i live in orlando, and there are pockets that are very expensive. and there are pockets within those pockets that can be stupid expensive. but it's not like if you want to live in orlando, it's one of these pockets or gtfo. there is TONS of housing, and for much less money. it's just not in the most sought-after areas of town.

i just don't understand the concept that ALL housing must be affordable. there is always SOME housing that's affordable, but you have to give something up. quality of life may suffer due to daily commute. you may not have access to as nice of a school. you may not be on a lake. etc. but this concept that affordable housing is gone is just false.
I am so frustrated with my community neighbors. If it were up to some, we would give our homes away to the less fortunate - of course that is everyone else’s home - not theirs. Also, I’m a bad person because I’m vaccinated and our overlord county executive decided that the CDC is wrong and everyone needs to wear masks And I said he can go pound sand. Sorry, not trying to get political but I hate our self righteous community sometimes.

Yes, let's put up a cute little Cape Cod in a neighborhood full of homes that could be in "Architectural Digest" ot "Better Homes and Gardens"! Got in a big discussion about this with some drifty woman a little while ago. She tried to make the case for putting up a little ranch house in a new development of multi-million dollar homes! :oops: I told her that at minimum 1/2 acre lots at 250K per, if that's all the house she could afford to build, she couldn't afford the dirt to build it on!

I read these posts and feel like a unicorn! A little while ago I ordered some stuff from Washington state, and selected the cheapest shipping option, USPS package service. It arrived here in 4 days. This past Saturday, I ordered a new TV remote from Amazon. They sent me an e-mail saying that it would arrive on Tuesday. Then they sent another e-mail saying that it would arrive today! And it did! Of course, they have a local fulfillment center, so second day delivery is certainly possible. I suppose across the country from Washington state to NE Ohio in 4 days is more impressive!

Yes, let's put up a cute little Cape Cod in a neighborhood full of homes that could be in "Architectural Digest" ot "Better Homes and Gardens"! Got in a big discussion about this with some drifty woman a little while ago. She tried to make the case for putting up a little ranch house in a new development of multi-million dollar homes! :oops: I told her that at minimum 1/2 acre lots at 250K per, if that's all the house she could afford to build, she couldn't afford the dirt to build it on!

I read these posts and feel like a unicorn! A little while ago I ordered some stuff from Washington state, and selected the cheapest shipping option, USPS package service. It arrived here in 4 days. This past Saturday, I ordered a new TV remote from Amazon. They sent me an e-mail saying that it would arrive on Tuesday. Then they sent another e-mail saying that it would arrive today! And it did! Of course, they have a local fulfillment center, so second day delivery is certainly possible. I suppose across the country from Washington state to NE Ohio in 4 days is more impressive!

I’ve usually felt the same. It’s very rare that these issues have come up. Now that said, Amazon has almost always over performed. Conversely FedEx ground has always always always UNDER performed. USPS had mostly been at worst acceptable, with occasional spotty service.
But a golf club box from Tokyo to NoVa, in 3 days, and a bag of clothes 4 items from Kansas takes closer to two weeks. That’s not acceptable.

I'm not much of a ranter, but this was a doozy:

Wife had to get a blood draw on Sunday for a new clinical trial she's in. Walking out of the doctor's office, she trips on some uneven concrete and before I even realize she's falling, she's down.

Broken femur in the leg we just spent 6 months replacing the knee due to cancer damage. :mad:

Surgery on Wednesday or Thursday to fix it and then another long road of rehab.

Oh, and my in-town buddies golf trip was supposed to start tomorrow.

Why have I not done pre-check yet? I’ve only been talking about it for I believe 8 years of THP events. :LOL:

Why have I not done pre-check yet? I’ve only been talking about it for I believe 8 years of THP events. :LOL:
;)

3 weeks ago packing house up....not good times
2 weeks ago vacation......good times
1 week ago, closed on both houses, moved and a business trip to california for 3 days.....not good times
This week, PLEASE JUST MAKE ALL THESE BOXES GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold my house a couple weeks ago or so I thought....Closing scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I get a call at 8pm last night saying the closing in canceled. The buyer either lost or quit his job and no longer has financing. WHAT? 🤬 Their agent asked to push the closing out 10 days (which was the date I was to stay in the house till anyways) because the buyer has an interview today and is confident he will start immediately at the same rate of pay. Is a lender going to even allow this? I don't know what to do right now I'm so pissed.

Back