2021 Titleist T-Series Irons Hit Tour

20210725_135032.jpg20210725_135111.jpg

Little T100S comparison to the TR20V

I will say I find it extremely comforting when I can grab a club after being pretty smoked from a sweltering round, and stiff from the drive after, and get almost the exact same numbers I usually do, minus a little speed. That's usually a very good sign. #T100

So these were officially not officially put out here today, by me, because I want to talk about them. lol I was testing stuff, and after was like.. "Hey, you're putting those out tomorrow right, can I just hit them now?" and they were all "but you already.." "But I want to hit THOSE, 'cause .. that's what people are going to hit..? :confused2:" *really sweet and and hard to say no to expression :D

So i got to peel plastic off some new fitting heads and try a couple combos for people asking that I wouldn't normally try. Which is fun! I love when new stuff comes out. And I can totally talk about this misadventure like it's my first time, because it totally is. Was. With those...

So, I was mildly cooked already, and shaft options arrrren't quite my cup on these, but who cares. Tried some S Taper, AMT X100, and regular PX in both the T100s and T100, mostly, and a couple swings with lighter/weirder for me shafts. Hit ProV1 with all.

First impressions ;);) -

1. As someome who plays compact irons and visual preference outside of players CB's is basically the Apex line, these will always seem long to me in a 7. A lot of people like that though, and they do look pretty nice behind the ball. Heel shape and groove space helps.

2. I don't like the satin. I'll throw that out. It feels like a miss to me. There's something really bland about it to my eye, and like @DNice26 said, they don't look great next to the 200. Totally personal preference I'm sure. The coloring of the whole line makes them look a little cheap to me for some reason though.

3. They feel really nice in a hitting bay. I've kind of vowed not to talk about feels this year until people have actually hit them themselves, so I'll just say that I could/would play both of them, and prefer them over the last version.

Results from today's session with these setups -

Hit AMT X100 the most because I played them a bunch last year. $ Taper are fine but I tend to be left of center with them a tick. No big surprises for me across shafts. The PX was 6.0 and felt a little whippy to me. Got about 200 more on spin with it and a little higher launch. The rest, from today, would be as follows -

T100S launch average right at 17.3, 5553 spin, 131.6 ball. T100 average launch 18.9, 5875 spin, 127.1 ball. Somewhat similar to what I imagine other sessions might have produced. I had a lot of swings in beforehand though, which generally can (does ;)) tend to raise my launch just a bit. Don't move through it quite as much. That's where a little speed loss comes in too. Could hit the T100S with those setups around 16.3 to 18.4 if I threw some on it, and the T100 was more consistent for me. Nothing unusual for the lofts, but individual experiences and marketing can and will always vary.

The T100S, similar to last version, probably aren't for me though. I didn't have a lot left, but pretended to be fresh as a daisy with those shafts for a few swings and 134 and 17-ish launch with the S isn't as good a fit for me as 130.4 18.5. Spin came up to about 5650 and right at 6k with those. T100S weak would be interesting, but I don't add bouce unless I have to, and there's an interesting thing with the soles.. on this 7i, fiting head... lol

All stuff I can totally work with on course though, meet or exceeding expectation, and am, was, pretty impressed. I expect them to be well received. So I'm really really excited for all of you to start hitting them! Go do that. Go go go!

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't really talk about forgiving feels from today off the mat. Seems pretty decent for my game. Long blades feel so weird to me if I stray towards the toe, but not overly punishing result for a players iron.

I did hit one heel side skinny mini with the T100S right after I switched shafts though, and it lost like 8 mph and about 12 yards. And like Titleist does so well, it felt like a hoseled blade. It launched low and hit a little different spot on the screen, and I don't live on monitors, so i looked up like 'where'd that go?! Did I kill anybody?!'. Stayed pretty straight, but it definitely felt like a big miss on a Titleist players iron.

From @NVGOLFER80's post, looks like the T100s also has a deeper upper cavity area compared to the T100. I wonder if this is to remove some weight in the upper part of the head to relocate lower (my guess), or maybe the insert required some weight savings in other areas. I'm sure the real reason will come out soon enough, but it's fun to speculate :LOL:

1627351307598.png

From @NVGOLFER80's post, looks like the T100s also has a deeper upper cavity area compared to the T100. I wonder if this is to remove some weight in the upper part of the head to relocate lower (my guess), or maybe the insert required some weight savings in other areas. I'm sure the real reason will come out soon enough, but it's fun to speculate :LOL:

View attachment 9018972

good catch. I honestly didn’t notice that. It is fun to speculate. I was given a little info on these but not much. I just know the T100s have a bunch of tungsten in them.

good catch. I honestly didn’t notice that. It is fun to speculate. I was given a little info on these but not much. I just know the T100s have a bunch of tungsten in them.

Thanks! Wouldn't have caught it without your photos though ;)

And it mkes sense about the tungsten. I remember there was a TXG video where they covered that T100s wasn't just a stronger T100, and that it actually had a slightly different design with additional tungsten. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if the new one was an evolution of that design, and even further from the regular T100.

First post here on the THP, so jumping right in. For those who have hit them, would you say the T100s is comparably forgiving as say ZX7? I want a smaller package but love the Srixon forgiveness and have never gamed Titleist irons.

First post here on the THP, so jumping right in. For those who have hit them, would you say the T100s is comparably forgiving as say ZX7? I want a smaller package but love the Srixon forgiveness and have never gamed Titleist irons.
Thinking @OldandStiff is your man to answer that one...

Can’t wait for everyone to read the release piece….soon….. :p

The feel of the T200, compared to the T100S was pretty significantly softer feeling and the sound off the face was different. Like a sharper, faster sound. Both are hot clubs.

I hit all clubs with the same shaft ($taper) and hit about 7 balls with each. I also tried the T100 and T100S with the Ctaper just to see.

The launch with the T100 and T100S were about the same, 17 degrees. The spin was about 400 less with the T100S, but dont quote me there. The monitor had me kinda roasting the T100S. Tempting….that distance.

I may try and get a formal fitting before making any moves.

you're saying the t200 was SOFTER than the t100s? that's pretty shocking to me. in a good way.

you're saying the t200 was SOFTER than the t100s? that's pretty shocking to me. in a good way.

Yes. Softer....but sharper...... if that makes sense. I intend to try them again to get my head around it.

what, you didn't tag me?! i expected better from you lmao

that t100s sole is SCARY thin, tbh.
Well that took you long enough!! I layed down hints in 3 threads that I had them out that day.

I've also layed down a couple hints, and maybe even one very specific description I shouldn't have, of the soles on the 100s. I like a thin sole, but there's some stuff here that I really want to talk about. Doesn't make me twitch at all keeping quiet. It's fine. I swear. Lol

Hit the new 200 today. Man is that a nice iron. It's smaller than I would have guessed. Very much a player's profile with top line and heel to toe in my opinion. Really good feel and a nice ball flight. I liked it much better than the last version of the iron.

what, you didn't tag me?! i expected better from you lmao

that t100s sole is SCARY thin, tbh.

The 100 is really small in every way. It scared me too.

I may have setup a fitting on a GC4 tomorrow..... : )

@McLovin yeah....mind a little blown for me too tbh. I'm not so sure about the chunky monkey soles though....

I may have setup a fitting on a GC4 tomorrow..... : )

@McLovin yeah....mind a little blown for me too tbh. I'm not so sure about the chunky monkey soles though....

wide soles are a big pass for me. looking forward to your thoughts after the fitting.

The toe bounce and heel relief (apparently supported by mr Vokey himself) sounds interesting in the T100.

Whatever data I get from my testing tomorrow I will hold on sharing until Thursday. I'll perhaps add some of it (if appropriate) to the thread JB referenced above.

Seems Titleist is not shy in sharing intro info about these, they are on the main website page and all over IG. New releases are fun!
Looking forward to the THP details!

20210728_110900.jpg20210728_111003.jpg20210728_111250.jpg

Because I just can't NOT compare them to things..:LOL:

Now have 90 mins worth of QC4 data on these new ones.

Back