2020(1) Summer Olympics

Laurie lawrence ( former Aus swim coach ) very animated and similar , passionate and invested in the individual and performance. You have to applaud the enthusiasm and animation so much goes into singular moments.
My son and I were watching that last night... He's a HS swimmer and nearly fell off the couch....

You can bet on the Olympics?! Yessss!

I still can’t wrap my head around why a name change allows a country caught with overwhelming cheating allowed to compete.

Yes, IMO if your country's Olympic Committee is tampering with drug test samples than the doping should be assumed nationwide and systematic. When they announced the countrywide ban I thought that is what they meant. I am not sure what this is. I certainly would not call it a ban.
This is probably the best choice of all bad choices. I think everyone involved should be totally banned from sports forever but it would be unfair to the people from Russia that did not get involved with doping.
It would be like when a pro cycling teammate get busted for EPO, the whole team is banned. That would be unfair group punishment.
I completely agree though that doping in sports is definitely the whole purpose of honorable competition.

This is probably the best choice of all bad choices. I think everyone involved should be totally banned from sports forever but it would be unfair to the people from Russia that did not get involved with doping.
It would be like when a pro cycling teammate get busted for EPO, the whole team is banned. That would be unfair group punishment.
I completely agree though that doping in sports is definitely the whole purpose of honorable competition.
Wouldn’t it be closer to that pro cycling teams coaches spiking the bikes rather than teammates? To me it’s about country and this wasn’t athlete or two this was on the surface to be throughout the system.

Wouldn’t it be closer to that pro cycling teams coaches spiking the bikes rather than teammates? To me it’s about country and this wasn’t athlete or two this was on the surface to be throughout the system.
Would you advocate banning the country only from certain events where the doping was taking place, or a blanket ban for the entire country's program? I mean, the synchronized swimming team gets booted when the weight lifters or cyclists were doing the doping?

Would you advocate banning the country only from certain events where the doping was taking place, or a blanket ban for the entire country's program? I mean, the synchronized swimming team gets booted when the weight lifters or cyclists were doing the doping?
Depends on the infraction. A few people in trouble of course they are the only ones. Olympic committee tampering with samples, sorry you gone! Doing nothing but a name change does little to hinder this happening again.

A good day in the pool for Team GB. Adam Peaty wins gold in the 100m breast stroke, and now Tom Daley wins his first gold in the games in the Syncro diving. Well done chaps! 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Was awesome to see Daley and his partner win! That last dive was sooo clutch! And that gold medal could prevent a sweep by China in diving.

A live look at the “ROC” team…

BA1099BD-55BE-46D2-9F02-F74BEF3F2D8A.gif

Depends on the infraction. A few people in trouble of course they are the only ones. Olympic committee tampering with samples, sorry you gone! Doing nothing but a name change does little to hinder this happening again.
So would Patrick Reed be able to change his name in PGA events then since we’ve all seen him cheating? Something along the line of Ratrick Peed? Captain America?

USA rugby sevens on live right now, tied with South Africa which would be a big upset for us.

17 yr old HS senior out of Alaska came out of nowhere to beat the 2 favorites in the 100 m women's breaststroke final.

She trains in a 25 yd pool.

l would , after all the associations or sports body , who are responsible for individual sports collectively report to or are overarched by a hierarchical structure they answer to, as under something like a ministry etc. The funding etc would come through those channels . Responsibility and accountability stops somewhere.

Further, to ban one sport , there can be crossover into other sports , or competitions that may not have been affected from partial bans ....

lf you march under one flag , as one team it’s one decision for all .

ban the governing bodies for many years, the athletes themselves can always gain citizenship to represent a different country

So would Patrick Reed be able to change his name in PGA events then since we’ve all seen him cheating? Something along the line of Ratrick Peed? Captain America?
I think Ratrick Peed is might be a better name for him anyway 😂

I see that the US Women’s Gymnastics Team won silver. Simone Biles withdrew due to a medical issue.

I see that the US Women’s Gymnastics Team won silver. Simone Biles withdrew due to a medical issue.

This is so strange to me. Biles said she is not physically injured, but took a backseat due to stress?
But then another report said she left with doctor.

This is so strange to me. Biles said she is not physically injured, but took a backseat due to stress?

Kerri strug she is not.. The most talented gymnast probably ever. Seems to have been very overwhelmed with everything since the last Olympics.

That’s my understanding as well. At least until we hear more.

Biles did state she would be ready in a couple days. I assume that means the individual events.

You may have issues 😉😂😂
Most entertaining bet I have ever had was the US Men's curling to win the gold at 18:1. And we also had the Swedish ladies to win at +400.

Back