I'm seriously considering the XB right now.
It's a beast! I was super shocked by the results from my first round with it. I don't say that to discredit it, but I was just shocked at how much I liked it.

It's a beast! I was super shocked by the results from my first round with it. I don't say that to discredit it, but I was just shocked at how much I liked it.

I'm just thinking, coming from G400 it seems like a pretty logical option.

I have been gaming the EPIC Max LS and it is so good, but first round out with the XB, my avg drive was 9 yards further and beat my longest drive by 24 yards. This is all per ShotScope. I started out a little rough on the day, but that was due to not warming up and it took me about 6-7 holes to finally get in a rhythm, but hit 5/6 fairways on the back 9 and the course I had played I saw spots in the fairways (distance wise) that have not seen before. Now, I have not taken the Max LS to the course I played in these temps yet, so I can't say that it would not have put me there, but I want some more time with the XB to make sure I can control it like I thought I was before it officially takes that spot in my bag.

I went out this morning for a quick 6 and on 3 holes I hit my XB to spots that are as long as I can ever remember hitting a ball. That was on dewy morning grass too. This thing is a beast.

initial outing with the Volition Radspeed wasn't so great, going to switch the weights around and try again i think

I came from the G400 and have been very impressed

Kinda funny I drive a Scion XB and Cobra Radspeed XB. Cobra XB is faster. :)

I was supposed to be playing today, but with lightning forecast this evening I decided just to hit a lunchtime bucket instead. I think I'm finally getting to grips with the XB in terms of how hard it needs swinging, set up etc. I had clearly been trying to hit the driver too hard, which has been causing me a number of issues, but went back to my old way of long slow backswing, big turn and through it and WOW. This is a beast indeed, super high ball flight, but not ballooning, just goes and goes. I had made myself a virtual fairway in the range and was very impressed at how many landed in the fairway or just outside when they didn't have any right to. I can't wait to get this out on the course again - rainy few days coming up so might be at the weekend. More range time for me!

The regular RADspeed head is impressing me. Only second time on course so I'm still trying to dial this baby in. Playing at 9.5* with heavy weight forward to start...Interesting findings today as when I was playing a proV1x earlier in the day I had a nice penetrating ball flight my best being 290 and some change that flew and got some roll. On the back 9 I switched to a different ball the Chrome Soft X. Immediately the ball flight was lower, almost too low in fact. Since I'm experimenting it was either loft up or switch the weights. I decided on swapping the weights putting heavy weight back since I was happy with the way the face and setup looks at 9.5. What a difference! For the last few holes I hit that setup the ball flight was significantly higher and carry was farther all the while not being too spinny.

I'll continue to experiment with balls and settings as well as shafts probably before settling on a setup for the Morgan Cup but it was pretty eye opening that a ball change would have that much impact on driver.

I was supposed to be playing today, but with lightning forecast this evening I decided just to hit a lunchtime bucket instead. I think I'm finally getting to grips with the XB in terms of how hard it needs swinging, set up etc. I had clearly been trying to hit the driver too hard, which has been causing me a number of issues, but went back to my old way of long slow backswing, big turn and through it and WOW. This is a beast indeed, super high ball flight, but not ballooning, just goes and goes. I had made myself a virtual fairway in the range and was very impressed at how many landed in the fairway or just outside when they didn't have any right to. I can't wait to get this out on the course again - rainy few days coming up so might be at the weekend. More range time for me!
It can definitely do the work. I just need to stay out of the way LOL!

The regular RADspeed head is impressing me. Only second time on course so I'm still trying to dial this baby in. Playing at 9.5* with heavy weight forward to start...Interesting findings today as when I was playing a proV1x earlier in the day I had a nice penetrating ball flight my best being 290 and some change that flew and got some roll. On the back 9 I switched to a different ball the Chrome Soft X. Immediately the ball flight was lower, almost too low in fact. Since I'm experimenting it was either loft up or switch the weights. I decided on swapping the weights putting heavy weight back since I was happy with the way the face and setup looks at 9.5. What a difference! For the last few holes I hit that setup the ball flight was significantly higher and carry was farther all the while not being too spinny.

I'll continue to experiment with balls and settings as well as shafts probably before settling on a setup for the Morgan Cup but it was pretty eye opening that a ball change would have that much impact on driver.
My XB is lower launching than my B21 so I imagine the regular head is quite low spin, especially with the weight forward. Based on all that I have seen probably the lowest spinning driver on the market.

The high ball flight is something I have noticed as well, but like you said, not ballooning. It just looks like it takes off like a rocket, lol. Since my swing change, putting smooth swing vs a beast mode swing, I have gained distance and accuracy. Looking forward to getting the XB out again this Friday to see if it's going to be my gamer or if my EPIC Max LS stays in the bag.

My XB is lower launching than my B21 so I imagine the regular head is quite low spin, especially with the weight forward.
Yes it is which is why I wanted it. Last Sunday I was seeing a great flight but when the ball reached its peak it seemed to drop out of the sky. If I had to guess I'd say I was getting around 1800rpm of spin but distance wasn't much longer than usual due to extremely wet fairways. If I can get to 23-2400 with a setting or shaft change I think it will be glorious and much more playable

That's awesome to hear! Interesting about the ball change as well. I played a Titleist AVX for the first time last week, and was noticeably longer off the driver and woods so I'm with you on that. I went back and forth deciding on the XB or regular because I played the Epic Flash Sub Zero previously and my Speedzone Xtreme was just too high and spinny for me to control - although that is 100% my swing and not the club! My flight is super high with the XB, but just seems to go and go. Very happy boy over here...

That's awesome to hear! Interesting about the ball change as well. I played a Titleist AVX for the first time last week, and was noticeably longer off the driver and woods so I'm with you on that. I went back and forth deciding on the XB or regular because I played the Epic Flash Sub Zero previously and my Speedzone Xtreme was just too high and spinny for me to control - although that is 100% my swing and not the club! My flight is super high with the XB, but just seems to go and go. Very happy boy over here...

Great to hear that you are happy with the XB. Looking forward to hearing more about your success with it in the bag.

Great to hear that you are happy with the XB. Looking forward to hearing more about your success with it in the bag.
Cheers John, just glad to have a driver in the bag that I trust 100% now. If I get a bad result then I know for a fact it's the swing not the club, is a huge confidence boost!

So glad to see that switching the weights helped so much. I wish I would have tried that mid-round the first time out, but I try not to do that. Going to have to get to the course early Saturday and try again with the weights swapped.

So glad to see that switching the weights helped so much. I wish I would have tried that mid-round the first time out, but I try not to do that. Going to have to get to the course early Saturday and try again with the weights swapped.
I don't either but if its a casual round...which it usually is haha...I don't mind trying something. I waited till like hole 14 or something so just wanted to see the difference. I will often do this when testing equipment as with early morning rounds and no warmup the first few holes aren't great swings.

Well had the RadSpeed XB in the bag today for its second round and it’s still going strong. Distance wasn’t as long today but course was wet and had zero roll. Long drive of the day was 294 but stayed around 268-280 range, which I will take all day. Feel is just great for this driver. 4/7 fairways on the front and 6/7 on the back. Going to keep it in the bag for now.

I don't either but if its a casual round...which it usually is haha...I don't mind trying something. I waited till like hole 14 or something so just wanted to see the difference. I will often do this when testing equipment as with early morning rounds and no warmup the first few holes aren't great swings.
I'll give mine another go at the range before my round tomorrow and then decide if it or the Speed gets the call during my round. I'm actually cautiously optimistic that the change will be very beneficial.

XB has been a fairway finding machine! I’ve really enjoyed the driver. From the looks (love the infinity face) feels good and is as much point and shoot as a driver can be. I will be picking up my sky blue velocity shaft for the Radspeed XB and I think this combo will be the perfect driver for me!

I'm finding my groove with the Radspeed. Its a 9 degree head lofted down to 8 degrees with a Motore F3 60 Stiff: Long so far is 329 slope assisted. My average drive on Arccos after roughly 10 rounds is 280. This unfortunately includes the horrible amateur golf swings that produce 200 yards that kill my averages. I feel comfortable with a forced carry of 260 without concern. Forgiveness is good. I have not hit the XB on course to compare but I do know this, I am reaching areas off the tee with this Cobra that I couldn't touch with my Ping G410 Plus. It will be in the bag for a while.

The stability from my toe miss still continues to impress. Got paired with a group of three and again got compliments on drives that were almost skyed from the high toe. And when I do get the center, the distances I’m seeing are farther than I’ve seen previously.

Played 18 today with XB and the Paderson velocity. Wasn’t sure about the Velocity as it feels “whippy” messing around with it, but swinging it was very stable and averaged 9 yards farther according to Arccos.

Too the XB out on another date last night, and we have found a groove. Probably the best driving round I've had in a long long time. Played around with tee height and ball position etc over the past few range sessions, and boy I was hitting the snot out of this last night. Into a solid headwind a lot of the time, and was seeing 250+ coming out of it on a number of occasions which is unheard of in these conditions here. The flight is exceptionally high, but unlike other drivers it doesn't seem to stall in the air, rather it just keeps going.

Sits perfectly to my eye. I've mentioned before that the Speedzone seemed to sit very open to me, and I just couldn't get past that but this couldn't be any squarer. Flight for me is probably a little more cut than I would like still, but I now at least have 100% confidence that this is due to the swing and not the club. About the first time I'm standing on the tee box completely confident that if I put a semi decent swing on the ball then I'm going to have a playable second. Has taken a few weeks courtship, but we're in business!

Back