Official Rant of the Day

Practicing out back and hit a ball through my net. Thankfully it didn't hit anything important, but I'm super bummed the net is failing.

Practicing out back and hit a ball through my net. Thankfully it didn't hit anything important, but I'm super bummed the net is failing.
Glad it didn't hit anything :whew:

That's my biggest worry about nets.

Glad it didn't hit anything :whew:

That's my biggest worry about nets.
Oh, it hit something, just not anything important. <_< >_> <_<

3 weeks ago packing house up....not good times
2 weeks ago vacation......good times
1 week ago, closed on both houses, moved and a business trip to california for 3 days.....not good times
This week, PLEASE JUST MAKE ALL THESE BOXES GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can....you send me some of those boxes? empty of course

Sold my house a couple weeks ago or so I thought....Closing scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I get a call at 8pm last night saying the closing in canceled. The buyer either lost or quit his job and no longer has financing. WHAT? 🤬 Their agent asked to push the closing out 10 days (which was the date I was to stay in the house till anyways) because the buyer has an interview today and is confident he will start immediately at the same rate of pay. Is a lender going to even allow this? I don't know what to do right now I'm so pissed.
sorry to hear that. I'm on the other end. Buying in Allen TX. Close date of 8/6. I'm doing the best I can to NOT cause any sort of ripples whatsoever.

why do ppl lowball the crap out of deal whenever i post on classifieds? like, no I will not sell you a nearly brand new club for 1/3 of the cost just because you think its ok to ask. no common sense nor courtesy to be reasonable?

why do ppl lowball the crap out of deal whenever i post on classifieds? like, no I will not sell you a nearly brand new club for 1/3 of the cost just because you think its ok to ask. no common sense nor courtesy to be reasonable?
Just be happy you didn't get the 3-page long trade list of junk lol.
Its just part of selling online IMO.

Budget season may kill me.

Man I am a nervous wreck now. The board for making E-7 finishes up tomorrow and will find out any time after that. Could be as early as a week, but as late as sometime in Sept. I got a good shot, but probably wont get selected.

Man I am a nervous wreck now. The board for making E-7 finishes up tomorrow and will find out any time after that. Could be as early as a week, but as late as sometime in Sept. I got a good shot, but probably wont get selected.
Good luck!

I'll make a call.

Work - really getting on my nerves now, to the point I have got a couple applications in for lower paid jobs just to get out of here because of how unhappy I am
Althouth they are lower paid, one is almost on my doorstep so I could walk to the office
The other is likely to be home-working with the occasional trip required for meetings and I would get expenses for that, and has a pay scale that starts below my current salary and goes up to what I am earning now, and even if it was office based, there is an office within walking distance of my home
So despite both jobs being lower paid, financially I am highly unlikely to be worse off due to the savings I will make on fuel, but they also have better promotion prospects as well looking at the structure

Man kids these days......

I have a guide to help new users of my facility set up the various accounts they need so that the behind the scene accounting takes place with minimal user input and they receive their data via cloud distribution. It turns out that college kids these days have no idea who Phil Jackson is. o_O. An alarming number think he is the Principal Investigator, leading their research projects in chemistry and biochemistry.

It is crazy how upset people are getting in my department when the new boss wants them to do anything.
My goodness, suck it up and get to work.

It is crazy how upset people are getting in my department when the new boss wants them to do anything.
My goodness, suck it up and get to work.
Hopefully your place doesn't have that phenomenon when you do your work really well, you get to do other people's work too.

I apologize to anyone that is older and doesn't know much about computers bc this is in now way directed at you as a whole, but training the new guy (he is 60 yrs old) and he knows absolutely nothing, like not even how to type in a word file and somehow got hired into my group and we write technical procedures. 99% of our job is on computers, but man is it mentally exhausting because he's not paying attention to anything I tell him and I really don't know how to make it any more basic than I am right now. Just ready for today to be over so my weekend can start. o_Oo_O

I apologize to anyone that is older and doesn't know much about computers bc this is in now way directed at you as a whole, but training the new guy (he is 60 yrs old) and he knows absolutely nothing, like not even how to type in a word file and somehow got hired into my group and we write technical procedures. 99% of our job is on computers, but man is it mentally exhausting because he's not paying attention to anything I tell him and I really don't know how to make it any more basic than I am right now. Just ready for today to be over so my weekend can start. o_Oo_O
Tell him to pretend its a typewriter.

Work travel every week the month of August..........at least I will get to keep my airline status next year!

Our realtor had a Land Rover that was making a timing chain slap noise with only 50k miles on it. I told her to take it in and tell them exactly that. The chain had almost eaten a hole in the cover But, I’m 99% sure, hers was a diesel.

I guess if you can afford to buy it, they believe you can afford to maintain it!

You couldn't sell me a Land Rover on a bet! Espensive to buy, expensive to run, expensive to maintain! Let's face facts! They are over hyped pieces of crap!

It's because people are cheap!

Well, UPS just joined Amazon Logistics, FedEx Ground, and USPS as being an unreliable shipper :mad:

Had a package due today. Driver arbitrarily decided not to leave it on the porch, when nobody answered the door, took it back and left a tag saying I could pick it up Monday at a "UPS Access Point" location. Nope. Logged on to UPS and set the delivery to "return to sender," then contacted the vendor and told them: 1. They'd be getting it back and 2. I would not be ordering from them on-line going forward.

I'm now at the point where I won't buy on-line anymore unless it simply is not available locally.

Back