TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

Really intriguing review, @Canadan. I'm all eyes and ears for a club that will help me avoid the hooks.

Cobra has a nice selection of no-upcharge shafts.
Be careful I just recently heard their drivers suck 🤣

I would take those numbers for my driver. I know you aren't that happy with your swings but even the misses would have been playable.

Took the King Tec on range today and it was love at first site. I have had issues with RADSPEED hybrid with Recoil shaft in it and was looking for a change. The King Tec sat wonderfully and was easy to hit. I was able to go after the ball with the King Tec where I could not with the RADSPEED. I did switch the loft around and play with the weights and could see some flight differences but I will see how it plays on the course with the fade biased setting to avoid the hybrid hooks.

That is a great looking and sounding hybrid. It is ridiculous how good your *miss* was. I have not seen or read anything on the technology in these, but my interest is piqued now. I'm still playing on old XHot Pro hybrid, and while I love it, this makes me curious what I might be missing out on in newer tech. Nice little video. thank you!

Playing this with heavy weights in toe and back for fade biased flight. I also am 1.5* more loft on 2h so closes face a touch. Getting great results with this club on course. So easy to hit. I really think the MMT shaft pairs well with the club.

Anyone have the MMT in X? If so, how would you describe it? Is it overly stout?

Played stepped back tees yesterday so got to put this in action a bit more and I am just continuing to be impressed. Straight and far. The PWRSHELL face works as advertised. I caught one low that I was sure would be short and it ended pin high.

Last edited:
I've hit this club quite a lot over the past month or so, and could not be happier. I've lofted it up as far as I can just because it goes a good club longer than I was expecting it to, and need it to gap a wee bit better. The weights are now back and heel, and it launches like nothing I've used before. Dead straight ball flight and goes for days. It sits beautifully square to my eye, and just looks mean. The sound is a quite muted crack to my ear and does everything I could want of it. Love it.

I've hit this club quite a lot over the past month or so, and could not be happier. I've lofted it up as far as I can just because it goes a good club longer than I was expecting it to, and need it to gap a wee bit better. The weights are now back and heel, and it launches like nothing I've used before. Dead straight ball flight and goes for days. It sits beautifully square to my eye, and just looks mean. The sound is a quite muted crack to my ear and does everything I could want of it. Love it.
You guys sure do make it hard to not want one of these. I'm not sure I have a spot for one in the bag right now but its tempting.

You guys sure do make it hard to not want one of these. I'm not sure I have a spot for one in the bag right now but its tempting.
Is a wee belter of a club to use a Scottish phrase. So versatile and powerful, goodness only knows what a 3 hybrid would be like in this line, an absolute cannon I would imagine. This is staying in my bag though, has everything I could want in a hybrid.... I'm not helping, am I?

Is a wee belter of a club to use a Scottish phrase. So versatile and powerful, goodness only knows what a 3 hybrid would be like in this line, an absolute cannon I would imagine. This is staying in my bag though, has everything I could want in a hybrid.... I'm not helping, am I?

Well, all being well I'll be seeing you in a couple of months time. I'll have mine with me, and you're more than welcome to take it out for a spin.....just to make sure that you're not wanting one hahaha

When I was looking to replace the radspeed 2h I looked at this and the radspeed fws. The 5 and 7 fw loft at address just bugged me. Didn't hit them. I bought the 2h blind and if I had to do over again I would get the 3h as the 2h goes far. I did increase loft and it looks to gap well now. I put in fade bias because of closing face with loft up. That is the big difference with adjustability so many ways to screw it up. 🤣

When I was looking to replace the radspeed 2h I looked at this and the radspeed fws. The 5 and 7 fw loft at address just bugged me. Didn't hit them. I bought the 2h blind and if I had to do over again I would get the 3h as the 2h goes far. I did increase loft and it looks to gap well now. I put in fade bias because of closing face with loft up. That is the big difference with adjustability so many ways to screw it up. 🤣
Knowing how the 5h feels, I can't even begin to imagine the power in that 2h!

The 2h may be a christmas present to me, from me, with how much I am enjoying the 3h. Crank her down and leave all those fairway woods for Team Hackers...

Anyone have the MMT in X? If so, how would you describe it? Is it overly stout?
I have the MMT in 70X in my Mavrik Max fwy woods and in 60x in my Epic Max LS and I don't think it's stout. Very smooth swinging shaft.

I have the MMT in 70X in my Mavrik Max fwy woods and in 60x in my Epic Max LS and I don't think it's stout. Very smooth swinging shaft.

I have an Apex Pro 21 hybo headed my way with the X in it. Was just curious.

I have an Apex Pro 21 hybo headed my way with the X in it. Was just curious.
my driver swing speed is about 110-111 mph in the summer. Slows down to about 108 in the winter, which is when I was fit into the shaft driver combo, outside in 32* weather. lol

my driver swing speed is about 110-111 mph in the summer. Slows down to about 108 in the winter, which is when I was fit into the shaft driver combo, outside in 32* weather. lol

Awesome....I'm that same ball park.

Awesome....I'm that same ball park.
I think you will like it. I liked it so much, I found a couple of pulls from the Speed fwys and had them put in my Mavrik Max fairways. Best decision ever! Much better ball flight and more distance. I smoked a 3w off the tee Friday to 262.

More Cobra love. It is a beast and I can tell you that the fade biased setting really does prevent the hooks.

Hit this thing twice last night from about 220 out. Topped them both, pffffff.

Used the 3H a good bit off the tee this morning due to the nature of the course and tees played for the groups. Found four of five fairways and the one out of the light rough leaked just a bit right but was pin high. I’ve got the weights in the heel and toe and it’s just a fairway finder for me. I don’t see any reason this club will leave the bag for sometime, especially knowing if my swing changes I can adjust the club right along with me as needed.

Back