Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

I don’t recall it being mentioned either. It’s not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind when on courses with more slope than others
Wait until you see some of the slopes I'm dealing with!

Same. @MWard’s video would be a flat spot on our course lol. But, if we can walk it, I suspect the M7 can handle it, too.

Admittedly, it is quite nice to not be quite as gassed after a round as I would have been manually pushing. HR was a good 25-30 bpm lower on the holes that I know are a bit rough

I think, I’d this cart has a free wheeling front wheel that’s the root cause of it picking up the slope.

i use an alphard e wheels. When i let the front wheel move free, it does the same. When i lock the front wheel it’s far less noticeable. As the back wheels compensate with the bullet in gyros

I’d the m7 a free wheeling front wheel? If so can it be locked?

personally, i leave the front open to free wheeling and just adjust slightly with the remote, just pay attention, non issue!

I may have converted my wife...

Course is closed Monday for maintenance, but we are allowed to walk after 1pm. My parents are still in town and offered to watch the kids so my wife threw out golf as an option for us. I told her sure, she could take my M7 and I would carry. She hasn't walked to golf since she quit during 3-holers in her youth because they had to carry their bags. At first she was reluctant to use the cart because she felt silly. So I used the remote to navigate the first two holes. She then walked with the cart for a few holes and then started to use the remote to navigate. I saw her smiling as she strolled and I called her out on it! She was enjoying it! We ended up playing 11 holes before she was ready to call it quits and we strolled back to the car. She said that it was nice to walk and asked what it is like to carry instead haha. Needless to say, the M7 is much easier than carrying! I showed her how to break down the cart at the end so she could use it alone if she wants. She has some learning to do in terms of where to leave the cart for each shot, but I wasn't going to make a big deal of it on an empty course.

Battery meter was full after 11 holes and a hike back to the car. Wardy had a good video of side slope, so I made a video of the cart going up on of our steeper slopes back the car. The scraping sound is the wheelie wheel working on the path.

We saved money walking, and promptly spent it on dinner after our walk. Talk about a win.

I think, I’d this cart has a free wheeling front wheel that’s the root cause of it picking up the slope.

i use an alphard e wheels. When i let the front wheel move free, it does the same. When i lock the front wheel it’s far less noticeable. As the back wheels compensate with the bullet in gyros

I’d the m7 a free wheeling front wheel? If so can it be locked?

personally, i leave the front open to free wheeling and just adjust slightly with the remote, just pay attention, non issue!

Free wheeling front wheel, I don’t believe there’s any sort of lock on it like what you would see on some push carts.

I’d rather give it a bit of adjustment too than lose the free wheeling, if that makes sense

Course is closed Monday for maintenance, but we are allowed to walk after 1pm. My parents are still in town and offered to watch the kids so my wife threw out golf as an option for us. I told her sure, she could take my M7 and I would carry. She hasn't walked to golf since she quit during 3-holers in her youth because they had to carry their bags. At first she was reluctant to use the cart because she felt silly. So I used the remote to navigate the first two holes. She then walked with the cart for a few holes and then started to use the remote to navigate. I saw her smiling as she strolled and I called her out on it! She was enjoying it! We ended up playing 11 holes before she was ready to call it quits and we strolled back to the car. She said that it was nice to walk and asked what it is like to carry instead haha. Needless to say, the M7 is much easier than carrying! I showed her how to break down the cart at the end so she could use it alone if she wants. She has some learning to do in terms of where to leave the cart for each shot, but I wasn't going to make a big deal of it on an empty course.

Battery meter was full after 11 holes and a hike back to the car. Wardy had a good video of side slope, so I made a video of the cart going up on of our steeper slopes back the car. The scraping sound is the wheelie wheel working on the path.

We saved money walking, and promptly spent it on dinner after our walk. Talk about a win.

Great post - thanks for sharing. Glad you had an enjoyable couple outing, too. And, that degree of incline looks very familiar!

I remember the first few times I head that noise from the back wheel I was thrown off. Now I know it's just that anti-tip wheel and things are working as planned. And that is awesome about your wife. I'm still shocked mine wouldn't use it for her last round. I might just end up suffering a normal push cart one night and make her try this one out. Because it is just so much easier on the body than carrying and feels even better than pushing.

Yesterday was darn near perfect weather-wise. Temps in 70s, slight breeze, mostly sunny with a few clouds. I got out for 9 holes with the M7. This will be the most boring update yet. I debated whether to even write anything but figured boring update is better than no update. I used the Motocaddy Dry-Series bag.

M7 performed well for me. I have yet to tip it over. I'm not disappointed that I haven't tipped it over yet but I'm curious how much I can push it until it does.

It's been talked about before but I would like to mention that I'm impressed with the M7's battery life. I didn't even bother to charge the battery before taking it to the course yesterday because I figured if it died I could test how the M7 is to push haha. Well, I think I could squeeze out another 9 before needing to charge it. That said, I do charge the remote before each outing (it charges very quickly).

Yesterday was darn near perfect weather-wise. Temps in 70s, slight breeze, mostly sunny with a few clouds. I got out for 9 holes with the M7. This will be the most boring update yet. I debated whether to even write anything but figured boring update is better than no update. I used the Motocaddy Dry-Series bag.

M7 performed well for me. I have yet to tip it over. I'm not disappointed that I haven't tipped it over yet but I'm curious how much I can push it until it does.

It's been talked about before but I would like to mention that I'm impressed with the M7's battery life. I didn't even bother to charge the battery before taking it to the course yesterday because I figured if it died I could test how the M7 is to push haha. Well, I think I could squeeze out another 9 before needing to charge it. That said, I do charge the remote before each outing (it charges very quickly).
For the tipping over, it takes A LOT to get it there. I literally had to force it on a steep hill and turn it for it to go. I am unconcerned about it tipping know that I know its limit.

Based on everything I'm reading I'm not seeing many negatives here other than price. Is that accurate?

Based on everything I'm reading I'm not seeing many negatives here other than price. Is that accurate?
Not sure I would consider the price a negative for what you get. Right now I am tracking my cart rental costs since Jan 1st to see how long it would take to pay for itself.
I think for what you get cost isn't to bad. While high I think the benefits out weigh $$ amount for me.
Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but probably will at the end of the year. Problem is I have my eye on a Stewart Golf trolley also. A little more $$'s though.

As long as you keep track of the remote, and don't go to crazy on steep slopes when they are wet, absolutely no negatives for me.

Not sure I would consider the price a negative for what you get. Right now I am tracking my cart rental costs since Jan 1st to see how long it would take to pay for itself.
I think for what you get cost isn't to bad. While high I think the benefits out weigh $$ amount for me.
Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but probably will at the end of the year. Problem is I have my eye on a Stewart Golf trolley also. A little more $$'s though.
Price is relative of course. For the initial investment I consider the price high but if you walk regularly over time it would probably be worth the extra money vs a standard push cart.

Price is relative of course. For the initial investment I consider the price high but if you walk regularly over time it would probably be worth the extra money vs a standard push cart.

It’s kinda like a Honda vs a Mercedes. Both do the same thing, but one is a luxury and the other is a Honda 😂

It’s kinda like a Honda vs a Mercedes. Both do the same thing, but one is a luxury and the other is a Honda 😂
Depends on who's driving the Honda.

Yeah, I'd say that's accurate.

I haven't found a negative while using the M7. Let's face it, electric caddies with remotes are more pricey than regular push carts and the initial investment can seem high. For many people, myself included, a remote-controlled electric caddie isn't a spur-of-the-moment purchase. Somewhere in this thread (wow, how did it get to be 22 pages long) someone asked if it's worth it and I said I think it is to golfers who play regularly and usually walk, which is similar to your second quote.

Long story short, yep I agree with both of your comments.

Most of the people I have talked about the price with say that they don't think it's bad. Now, they could be playing nice because they think I purchased it at first, until I explain the testing that is taking place.

The negatives for me include wishing there was a place I could easily store things, like the net area on the clicgear that I was using prior. It's not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice.

Most of the people I have talked about the price with say that they don't think it's bad. Now, they could be playing nice because they think I purchased it at first, until I explain the testing that is taking place.

The negatives for me include wishing there was a place I could easily store things, like the net area on the clicgear that I was using prior. It's not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice.

I've tried to figure out a way to add storage on my cart and it's just next to impossible feeling. The Motocaddy bag has done a nice job of making up for that, but I would have enjoyed some sort of netting as well.

What are you storing that doesn’t fit in the golf bag? Asking genuinely because I am relating it a bit to a cart.

My push cart broke this weekend. Really have no idea what happened to it but two of the bars that allow it to fold up and down snapped when I was undoing it on Sunday. So it's carrying the rest of the season for me. If it wasn't for my wedding in a couple weeks, I'd buy one right now. If I DID try to purchase it this close to the big day, well I doubt the forum would hear from me again :LOL:

But next year...Next year, it's on! Love this thread and appreciate all the information here!

My push cart broke this weekend. Really have no idea what happened to it but two of the bars that allow it to fold up and down snapped when I was undoing it on Sunday. So it's carrying the rest of the season for me. If it wasn't for my wedding in a couple weeks, I'd buy one right now. If I DID try to purchase it this close to the big day, well I doubt the forum would hear from me again :LOL:

But next year...Next year, it's on! Love this thread and appreciate all the information here!

That's not supposed to happen, breaking your push cart :(

Warranty, maybe? Or too old?

That's not supposed to happen, breaking your push cart :(

Warranty, maybe? Or too old?
Dude I really couldn't tell you what happened :LOL: just was unfolding it and heard metal snap. Was an interesting morning when the last thing I wanted to be doing was carrying lol

And way too old for warranty. But I enjoy carrying and now I have something to really look forward to next season with one of these!

After a lot of research and due diligence, I'm sold on the value of the M7. I wish I had bought one in the spring before this hellish heat arrived. I rode three rounds in the past few days because you look like an idiot walking our course in 110 heat index.

Back