Off Course: Putting and Putter Fitting, Travel Golfing and More

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today James Miles joins the show to talk about putting and putter fitting..

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but James joins the show to discuss everything about the Flatstick, travel golfing and destination courses and so much more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as staff writer James goes Off Course.

Untitled-7-1024x692.jpg

Episode 67 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

The State of Dan’s GamePutters and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show guys. I enjoyed the putter fitting segment and @Jman thoughts mirrored mine from my last fitting.

Just two dudes talking about golf. good stuff. this weekend is going to be a blast to follow.

totally agree with the kid thing. Little guy is 5 and has rode around with me a few times the past year, hitting balls here and there. Wife had him take a few lessons from the asst. pro when I kinda wanted to hold off a year or so. Now he wants to play/practice every single day, ha. asks to go to the course after school, wakes up and starts putting on the mat before breakfast, etc. he's hung with me for full rounds playing every hole in from 100-150yds. pretty much zero initiation from me, cool to watch.

on the putter fittings, I've now participated or watched 3 SAMlab putter fittings. 3 very different golfers all with older anser style putters. All 3 were over in 7 putts, 14 putts, 7 putts. 2 recommended zero adjustment. 1 recommended 1* more loft. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'm sooo jaded against putter fittings at this point.

Love listening to these. Great, easy flowing chat between Canadan and Jman.

Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today James Miles joins the show to talk about putting and putter fitting..

Episode 67 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

The State of Dan’s Game
Putters and Putter Fitting
Travel Golfing
And so much more

Continue reading...

Is it weird for you to refer to yourself in the third person when promoting like this? 😜

Fun episode my dudes. I really like the industry stuff but I LOVE these episodes where its truly Off Course :cool:

I think putter fittings are great IF you have a putter you love and maybe you need some adjustments too it like loft or lie. My putter fitting experience in my mind wasn't great but thats ok, everyone has different experiences.

Also...I need more travel golf in my life! Need to up it to a couple times a year haha

Just got this finished. Good show!!

@Jman putted awesome with the mizuno. He for sure should stick to that putter or one similar.

Traveling to play golf was a big reason I wanted i wanted to go to the Mizuno experience. I wanted to get away from the west coast and from golf I was familiar with. Plus do it in a competitive setting. It was awesome, my game had some aspects that traveled well and some parts that didn’t.

But it makes me want to do it more and and more variety and more creativity to my game.

Also, @Canadan should never switch putters. It’s beautiful.

Just got this finished. Good show!!

@Jman putted awesome with the mizuno. He for sure should stick to that putter or one similar.

Traveling to play golf was a big reason I wanted i wanted to go to the Mizuno experience. I wanted to get away from the west coast and from golf I was familiar with. Plus do it in a competitive setting. It was awesome, my game had some aspects that traveled well and some parts that didn’t.

But it makes me want to do it more and and more variety and more creativity to my game.

Also, @Canadan should never switch putters. It’s beautiful.
Welcome to Team Canadanissillyforthinkingaboutputters

Welcome to Team Canadanissillyforthinkingaboutputters

I mean. If he wants to have a chip off for it. I am down..

I totally missed this with the Mizzy event going. Will give a listen.

Was just thinking today I needed a new golf
Podcast for when I mow — found it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hhhmmmmmm, i wonder if this why Dan asked me if i liked the exo 7s i use. Is it the model the mixed metals multi colors?

i do want to swap shafts on my machine long neck see it can be used again.

This was a very enjoyable episode for me. It’s great to listen to friends banter about life, friendship and golf.

next month kicks of a wild ride of “golf travel” for me. I get all the build up anticipation feels too.
If Dan ever asked why I roll a #7, I’ll remind him that he suggested it to me. 😉

Hhhmmmmmm, i wonder if this why Dan asked me if i liked the exo 7s i use. Is it the model the mixed metals multi colors?

Every long neck blade is a celebration!! Use it!!

This was a very enjoyable episode for me. It’s great to listen to friends banter about life, friendship and golf.

next month kicks of a wild ride of “golf travel” for me. I get all the build up anticipation feels too.
If Dan ever asked why I roll a #7, I’ll remind him that he suggested it to me. 😉
Love this!!! Hopefully we get to join you on your travels through posts on THP.

Love this!!! Hopefully we get to join you on your travels through posts on THP.
Oh you will.

Bucket list northern AZ course with a team of THPers and League weekend in Tucson for an Omni course. Are the lead up to a little trip to Austin to beat some Texan THPers.

The to be completely glutinous on golf travel…a crazy 4 days in Hawaii for a golf fest in October.

Oh you will.

Bucket list northern AZ course with a team of THPers and League weekend in Tucson for an Omni course. Are the lead up to a little trip to Austin to beat some Texan THPers.

The to be completely glutinous on golf travel…a crazy 4 days in Hawaii for a golf fest in October.
Sounds awesome!!!!

Wife and wee lass to bed, time to listen to the smooth sounds of Canadan…lol

Every long neck blade is a celebration!! Use it!!
I I brought it with me. Sorry you didn’t see it.
I just ordered a one step shaft to replace the frequency filtered ust maybe that’s the ticket.

140 rounds of golf…wow.

I’m at 14 and I thought that was a pretty good amount. I really need to play more.

Never played night golf. I need to add that to my golf bucket list.

Last edited:
140 rounds if golf…wow.

I’m at 14 and I thought that was a pretty good amount. I really need to play more.

Never played night golf. I need to add that to my golf bucket list.
Man, it's a crazy number.

I know I'm around 50 or so, which is okay I guess. But man.. 140...

Fun listen.

Two guys talking and sharing feelings. This should be called the Therapy sesh. Lol. Nice little window into getting to know you guys more. Did this end with a bro hug? Just messin. Totally enjoyed it.

Side note: makes me think there must be a nitch opportunity for golf therapy…lol. Where you can just go over your crappy round with a therapist. AKA - Dad for me.

I’m so with Dan on the capping system. I’m good for a few rounds in the 60s and the rest are largely mid/high 70s, then a few blow ups. You look at my cap and its like I’m shooting under ever round. I get smoked in every single handicapped event.

I need to play more golf…

Thanks for a great listen!

Roll. That. 7.

Back